“Five Stars for the Value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #81 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Five Stars for the Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

After a few Comfort Suites duds, this hotel, located a short 15-20 minute drive from downtown Nashville, was a perfect fit for my recent business trip to the area. Overall, what impressed me about this hotel was the bang for your buck. My room was nicely decorated, clean, and inviting, not to mention huge for one person. There was a decent selection for breakfast with hot items along with cold, and the breakfast staff was incredibly courteous and helpful. There is also a partially outdoor bar across the parking lot where live bands play. In fact, when I pulled in, I heard a talented country singer belting out Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville." What better welcome to Music City?!

As I said in the title, I'm giving this hotel five stars for the value. My company has recently paid 50% more for me to stay in comparable hotels. In such a vibrant area so close to a major city, you really can't beat how much you'll pay for what you get. This hotel would be perfect for anyone traveling on business or even budget-conscious couples looking for a weekend away.

However, I do have a couple caveats. The one thing about my room that was less than impressive was the cleanliness of the bathtub. The floor in the bathtub was textured, and it looked dirtier in the areas where there is greater foot presence. I just showered standing on a hand towel, so it wasn't a big deal, but if I'd wanted to take a bath... well, I think I might have needed to request a different room.

Furthermore, I noticed on my receipt that I had earned rewards points for my stay, but I do not have a rewards account with this hotel chain. This means that one of the hotel staff members put in their account number and earned points on my stay... I guess I wasn't going to use them anyway, but this seems a little shady to me. If you have a rewards card, make sure you give them your number or someone else is probably going to snag up your points!

Still, I can overlook a few minor problems and give this hotel five stars. It really is a great value a little removed from the noise and traffic of downtown Nashville.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Motowngirl77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Overall stay was good minor room mix up but the staff was super helpful and extremely great and rooms were very clean

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank butch53
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

This Comfort Suites is amazing!
Blows the other Comfort Suites on Elm Hill Pike away... lower price and literally one of the nicest I've ever seen. Only 3 yrs old, but looks like it was built a week ago... very well kept.
Staff is great, breakfast is great, easy access to BNA... shuttle available.
Will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank hornet2222
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

this was a great hotel. one of the best we stayed at. The rooms were clean. the staff was great. I will definitely recommend to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank donald b
Plymouth, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

We booked a Kind Bed Suite based on the nice description and expected more than what we found. The room has an average size and there was not real suite feeling. Luckily, we were only two of us since we have no idea how this room should accommodate four or even five persons as listed in the reservation. Furthermore, I requested a room on an upper floor, but ended up just on the second floor with a view on the entrance roof. Otherwise, the room was clean and the breakfast decent for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cullman, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our daughter and her family had an early morning flight out of Nashville so we booked two rooms here to avoid a two and a half hour drive with five children before dawn. The rooms were small and it was difficult to get to either bed except on the side toward the middle of the room. Other than that, the only complaint we had was that the light cover was missing on the light in one of the bathrooms. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. There was a sofa, chair, coffee table, desk and desk chair. The bathroom was large enough and the shower was great. The front desk clerk was friendly and suggested a great place for dinner. Breakfast was available beginning at six which enabled all of us to have breakfast before we took them to the airport. There were ample choices - waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt, etc. Unfortunately someone did not fill the juice machine and you mostly got water instead of juice. The attendant did attend to this just before we left. Overall, we were pleased with this Comfort Suites and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Sandra W
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

I walked into my room I reserved nearly a week ago only to find a couple giving a message. I am so upset. They gave my room away under my nose. They claimed there was a "power outage" so they overbooked. I think he was lying through his teeth to cover his butt. However, their policy is that you are not supposed to give a room up that has been reserved until 7 am the next morning. I asked if since they had given my room away that they would reimburse me for having to pay to stay next door. The manager said he was "not authorized to do that" and the owner would not be in town until a few days later. Which, he should have the owner's number for emergency contact, so that was a sorry excuse. I had to spend $400 more to get two hotel rooms at a hotel next door. The manager spoiled my family's weekend with his crude attitude and hostility.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family