“Fabulous location, room, and services!”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Ranked #24 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 26, 2010

A+ all the way around. Free shuttle wherever you want to go within 3 mile radius! Walked to music row, Vanderbilt easily. Enjoyed breakfast for 9.99 including drinks, hot and cold buffet. Fresh, clean and modern room with free wi-fi! Some of the best Nashville restaurants and bars are within a block. You will enjoy your stay here!

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Mamawolf
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt

Reviewed November 25, 2010

Good place to stay for business trip. Easy access to highways and shuttle will take you into downtown and Vanderbilt campus for free. Clean rooms. Pretty consistent with other HGIs. Very large workout facility.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stayed here with my wife for the CMA's 11/9-11/12/10. Hotel is in a great location...close to Vandy and a mile or so to downtown bars. Check in was good but our room was not ready so we were told to come back later. When we came back there was a mix up with our luggage...someone else's suitcase was delivered to our room and my wife's hanging clothes were missing. Management was very apologetic and everything was corrected quickly. Our room was well kept during our stay and the bedding was nice. The "sleep comfort" system on the bed was cool but we could not really tell a difference. We ate breakfast at the hotel one morning and it was good. We liked that it was buffet style but a server behind the buffet prepared your plate.

OK...here are the parts that we did not like. The cost of parking is outrageous! $23 per day is not in line. There is ample parking around the hotel and they are simply gouging guests. This is Nashville..not NYC, and the location of this hotel does NOT warrant this price. While the Valet guys were nice at all times...they need to take a class on proper valet etiquette. Also, the valet stand does not open until 7 am..so if you have to leave early you will have to get your car yourself. Word of advice...park the car yourself It is about a 45 second walk from the garage to the hotel. Sounds picky but for $23 per day it needs to be corrected!! Second major issue is the shuttle. Bottom line...don't depend on the shuttle!!! Many times we needed the shuttle they were "waiting for someone else" or if it was not there it was "only 5 minutes away." Often we found ourselves waiting 20 minutes for a shuttle when we could have easily called a cab and been to our destination within 5 minutes. Cab ride is $6 to downtown. Tip...program your phone with a local cab co phone #. Depending on the valet to call you a cab is a mistake!! The fact that the shuttle was not available everytime when we needed it did not bother us. What bothered us is that we were told it "was right around the corner" or "5 minutes away" If they were honest we would have cabbed it and I would not be writing about this!!

Overall this hotel is in a good location, it is clean, and the people in and around the hotel are freindly. The valet and the shuttle sort of ruined the stay for us. We paid about $275 per night (including parking) and felt for that price we should have gotten a little better service in the areas mentioned above.

Like I said in my caption....If they correct the shuttle and the valet this place could be something special. I would stay here again if I got a really good deal...like $125 per night. But as it stands now we would probably try another hotel in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed here for three nights in Mid October to catch a few Predators games.
I was travelling alone initially with a two year old child who was asleep at the time of arrival. I was greeted in the Valet area by a gentleman named Tony who unloaded my luggage on a cart while I was tending to my daughter. I was very impressed with his helpfulness and courtesy. After we got loaded up he double checked my vehicle to make sure there was nothing I left behind which I appreciated since I left my phone in the cup holder.
Check In was no problem at all. The lobby, halls, elevators, and floors were all spotless. We reserved a non-smoking, junior evolution suite. The room is well furnished with a couch, large chair, desk and very comfortable computer type chair. FREE internet access is available. The bathroom is small but I haven't had a sporting event scheduled in a bathroom in a while so it was more than adequate. A crib was provided promptly for my child. The sleeping area was large and had two VERY comfortable, adjustable mattress, beds, very nice! Flat screen 37 inch TV's were provided in both areas of the room, with an excellent assortment of HBO's, ESPN's, and kids channels as well. Housekeeping was late on saturday but other than that the room was very well kept and our housekeeper tended to a few requests we made with no problem.
The breakfast buffet is very good. The wait staff in the breakfast area is very poor. We ate there 3 mornings in a row and the first 2 days we were there it took 15 minutes to get someone to acknowledge our existence in the restaurant.. On the second day I asked a waiter to help us and he asked us "what do we need?" A self explaining question considering we were in a restaurant (drinks, silverware, etc). In fairness on the third morning this same waiter did a very good job serving us. The omelette cook (Ryan) did a very nice job with special orders and made a pretty good omelette!
The hotel provides a free shuttle to downtown areas. The valet gentlemen at the hotel are some of the best service professionals I have run into. It is expensive to park there ($23.00 a night for valet parking) but the level of service I got from the park staff and the shuttle staff made that cost a non-issue. They were all very accomodating, friendly and willing to go out of there way to explain where landmarks were, good eating locations, and what streets had the best bars, museums, etc. One of the best staffs I have encountered anywhere for service. Nice Job!
This hotel is fairly priced and if they get the service issues in the restaurant addressed I would give it a 5 instead of a 4! Would reccomend and will stay again! Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I was really surprised to see negative reviews. To address a few, in our experience, our non-smoking hotel room smelled clean and was absolutely smoke free. Yes, the parking is expensive at $18/day, but the price of the hotel is reasonable enough that I can't consider it an exorbitant rate. The hotel is in a great area - close to downtown on broadway, close to vanderbilt university, close to the "gayborhood" (should you want to partake in that about 2.5 blocks away), and close to centennial park (where the "Parthenon" is). When you enter, you see a comfortable, elegant lobby area with ample seating in a waiting area with a TV. The pool and fitness room looked nice, although I did not use those facilities. The room was spacious, the beds comfortable, and the bathroom and shower terrific. The only (and petty) criticism is the placement of the toilet paper rolls too far under the counter area. The view was not spectacular. The TV was a large flatscreen. The room and hallways smelled clean (not always in the case even with new hotels). The free wifi was an added bonus. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2010

It is often easy for people to write unpleasant reviews from their experiences as the last few people have but I on the other hand cannot recommend this hotel enough!!
My review is from my personal experience only and considering I stayed at this hotel at the same time as the last reviewer our experience could not be more further apart.
I feel like I need to defend this hotel as if I were a fellow tripadvisor member and I saw those past 3 reviews then I certainly would NOT book this accomodation.
I would like to point out that the parking fee and bedding IS explained on the website so perhaps more careful planning and reading of the fine print is recommended so you are aware of exactly what charges accompany your booking.

Ok now onto my actual review!
Arrived early Thursday afternoon and had to wait a small amount of time for our room to be completed. Staff were very pleasant and my initial experience was one of ""we will do our best to accomodate your early arrival"".
The rooms had a lovely decor and the bathroom was on the smallish side BUT was very clean. I loved the beds and wished I could have taken one of those home with me! The hotel also had a pool but considering it was nice and warm enough to use it there were so many other fabulous things to do and see in Nashville we never got the chance to. Maybe next time!
Now something we did get time to use was the restaurant at the hotel. If you are after a warm chicken salad with pecans then look no further than here! It was fantastic and I'm even going to try and replicate it at home.
The hotel has safety deposit boxes for your safe security of extra money and passports etc and never had a problem with getting your items for you no matter how busy they were (and quite often they were very very busy).
Now alot of these things I have mentioned are something hotels should offer but what sets this accomadation apart are there FABULOUS STAFF!!!!
The front desk staff are warm, friendly. professional with excellent sense of humours. They ask you how your day/night was and geniunely seem interested. They are extremely down to earth and they made you feel like you had known them for years. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them, truly sets them apart from other hotels.
The hotel offers a free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius which considering many attractions in Nashville are about 1.5-2 miles away this was very helpful in getting around if you don't have your own transportation. Would like to make a special mention of Michael and Larry who really made this part of our hotel experience so enjoyable. Nothing was ever a problem for them and they could always advise us of other things to do/see etc. Even had no problem stopping at starbucks on the way!! Now that's service with a smile!!

All in all I hope you get to experience Hilton Garden Inn just the way I did. If I was to rate this hotel on staff alone i don't think it would be beaten!

I hope I get to go back to Nashville some day and if I do then I will definately be staying here again!!

P.S i hope this gets passed on to their staff as they truly deserve the recognition!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We had reservations for one night and had to check in late (and noted that in the reservation). Were given a smoking room which was intolerable. Half a dozen people were still waiting to check in despite the late check-in. Were told there were no more rooms. Were moved to a different hotel with higher parking fees and had to argue with the other hotel about who was going to pay for the parking (in the hotel we did not book but were moved to.) Management at the hotel was unsympathetic and inhospitable. They changed their tune when they learned that we were Platinum members of Hilton Honors, but our stance was that no one should be treated this way and no one should be sent to a smoke-filled room without an apology when a non-smoking room had been booked, etc. A total disappointment. Poor management, poor training, awful customer service and despite being loyal to Hilton in the past, we will never stay at either of these Hilton hotels in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business