“Nice new hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Nice new hotel”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

It was good to have a new hotel in the Vanderbilt, West End area of town. Central to everything. The hotel was nice and the price was reasonable but they did charge for parking and getting to the parking garage from the hotel required an outside walk (not good in the rain). It was convenient.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Dear abst14,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the comments! We are glad to be here in the Vanderbilt area as it is a very convenient area for a lot of our guests. In regards to the walkway between the parking garage and the hotel; we are currently working on a solution to get it covered. Thank you again for the reveiw and we hope you chose to stay with us the next time you visit Nashville!

Juan C. Mera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
US
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We were met by the most wonderful valet staff here. You can self-park in the underground parking for a daily fee. There is no free parking around. The hotel is really nice! Rooms are large, clean and beautiful and beds are comfortable. There were some loud college students in the hall quite frequently, but amazingly, once we shut our door, we couldn't hear a thing. The hotel was completely booked while we were there, but hotel staff were handling it all well. We enjoyed a great breakfast buffet at the hotel. Although my daughter had the full buffet for $9, they adjusted my bill to accommodate just a limited breakfast for me...coffee and toast. I was glad that the only option for breakfast was the full buffet. There are very limited restaurants within walking distance, but the hotel is within a few minutes from downtown.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Athens GA
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The Staff was professional yet friendly. Our room was immaculate, beds were comfy. My only complaint was that when we arrived back to the hotel one afternoon it began to POUR rain as soon as we parked in the parking garage. Ther is no way to get into the hotel from the parking garage without walking outside. We waited 10 minutes and then just had to make a run for it. We got totally soaked. Also, the water does not drain correctly from the parking agrage and there were puddles of standing water 2" deep. I had to step in one of those just to get out of my car. Seems like these should not be issues in a new facility.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I went to Nashville for the CMA fest with 3 girlfriends. My friends are American, and I am Australian. The city was packed, and I think the staff at the hotel were quite lovely and hospitable taking into account that their city pretty much doubles in tourism this time of year. The rooms were clean and nice, I had no issues at all. We had no problems getting everything that we asked for from the staff.

The hotel is in pretty good location, its not really right downtown, but took us like 5 minutes to get there. The free shuttle doesnt take you to LP field, so we caught taxis to get to the nightly concert (which are ridiculously cheap... compared to Aussie taxis) but they took us anywhere else we needed to go, and organised the taxis when it was too far.

I would have expected hotels to be busy at this time of year, but the hotel was pretty quiet and even when people were down in the lobby, it wasnt insane. i.e. people not here for the festival may not have noticed.... until they walked outside, of course.

My only real issue was that I thought I would pay when I checked out, but they 'hold' the funds on your card - this may be common in the US but I wasnt used to it and wasnt prepared for it, but I know now, and I have booked the hotel again for next CMA fest and will be better prepared :-)

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here. It helped that I was at a music festival that compares to nothing I've ever experienced, and with 3 great friends, but still. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
Dear kristenlees,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to the States! We are so glad we could host you and your friends while in Nashville for the CMA Fest. You're right, that is a VERY busy time for our city and out hotel. Thank you for the compliments to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again at next year's CMA Festival!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I was really not impressed with this hotel. There is some good competition in the area for close to the same price. I checked in at 5pm (check in begins at 3 or 4 pm) and was given a smoking room, eventhough I had requested a non smoking room. However they did not tell me that it was a smoking room. When I got to the room and smelled the smoke, I called back to the front desk and asked them to change it. They told me that they didn't know why it smelled of smoke and that there were no other rooms available. I was trying to be cooperative, so I stayed in the room. However, after returning from dinner, I really could not take the smell of the room any longer. I called back to the front desk and adamently asked that they do something about this. At that point they "just happened" to have another non-smoking room available for me, and they mentioned that" oh your room probably smells like smoke because it is a smoking room. I was very annoyed with the games they played, and would not reccomend this hotel.

Concord, Ohio
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I was impressed with HGI/Vanderbilt. The staff was extremely friendly and more importantly, very helpful. The valet service always asked if you needed directions or had a recommendation for dinner. They consistently had a smile on their face.

Rooms were comfortable and the hotel was in great proximity to everything.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
Dear Breber17,

Thank you so much for the review on tripadvisor.com! We are very pleased to read that you were impressed with our property and always love to hear that our staff is meeting and exceeding your expectations all while having a smile on their face! We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you visit Music City!

Blakely, Georgia
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Our stay was very nice. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the hotel was centrally located to all areas of Nashville we were interested in visiting. We booked a "Bed and Breakfast" package online and were very pleased with the quality of the cooked-to-order breakfast served each morning. With the exception of the front desk staff who were professional but not friendly, all other employees were very pleasant and helpful. Although the parking fees were a bit high, we knew about them in advance and they were comparable to the parking fees at surrounding hotels. An unexpected perk was the hotel shuttle service that would take patrons anywhere they wished to go (within a certain radius) and pick them up when they were ready to return to the hotel (before midnight). Also, this hotel offers FREE high speed internet which came in handy...most of the hotels we researched offered internet services for a fee. If we find ourselves in Nashville again, we will certainly stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear sanlangley,

Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor.com. We are happy that you chose to stay with us and am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I want to apologize for your perception of the front desk. We have recently made some changes to our staff and have started a more rigorous training program for guest service skills. I assure you we are improving! We hope you visit Nasvhille again soon and chose to stay with us. Thanks again for the review!