“Worth a stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bremen, United States
“Worth a stay”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is warm and inviting. The rooms are comfortable. The staff is excellent. The location is perfect. The only complaint we had was with the dining services for the bar and for dinner. Food was average. The servers were not up to Hilton standards.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Charles L
Justin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Charles L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to that you had a good experience. We strive to bring a great experience to every guest. I look forward to having you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Fort Wayne, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The outside noise level was high - I could hear the traffic from 8 stories up. The bed was lumpy. The cable TV service was poor. The hot tub was out of order the first day - I was promised it would be working that day. I requested the staff inform me of it working - I never received the confirmation at all and the hot tub was not up and working until late morning the next day. The internet would come and go and the billing had to be corrected.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Justin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Susan T,

I am sorry to here of the issues you had during your stay. We strive to maintain a well kept property and provide great customer service. Please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to personally address the issues with you.
La Quinta, California
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and accommodating staff. We were first given a non-smoking room on the 2nd floor that smelled like someone in it before smoked like a chimney. They changed us out to the 6th floor in what felt like an upgrade. Very nice people on staff. Excellent stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brainwhosover,

Thank you for the good comments on our staff. I'm glad we were able to help make your stay enjoyable after the mishap at check in. I hope to see you back in nashville soon.
United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Pros

Upgraded to a suite which was nice considering I am only a silver member now
Extremely friendly staff (valet and front desk) They are extremely personable, all of them.
Vanderbilt area is great
Nice staff at dinner. Food was good. I enjoyed the fried cheese and salad with chicken.

Con

The only con was the extremely and I mean extremely low water pressure in the shower. Might just be specific to that room.

But I would definitely stay again. It's a little pricey but in par with other neighboring hotels. You pay that when you stay in good areas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Justin B, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Eurobound,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt. It is always great to here good things about the staff and the food. We hope to see you back in Nashville soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean. Good breakfast, cooked to order (but a little pricey). Bar is good spot and bartender for the night, Edward, was awesome. Location is good - short walk to bars/restaurants and longer walk/short drive to main strip.

G Man

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Justin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear G Man,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Edward is certainly a character and we enjoy having him around. We look forward to having you back next time your in Nashville.
Cambridge
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good experience. The hotel is a little out of the way, but they have a free shuttle bus that leaves every 20 minutes and takes you to just about anywhere you want. They will even pick you up when you call. I asked for a spoon as I eat gluten free cereal and the front desk person personally dropped everything to get one from the kitchen. Such service! The hotel and rooms were clean and the fitness center actually had dumbells and bench.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear lcf02139,

Thank you for sharing a little about your stay. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the comments about the staff as well. I will be certain to pass your thoughts along. We strive to make every guest stay the very best, and I know they will be happy to see they made an impact on yours. Thank you for staying, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Memphis, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My running shoes were taken from my hotel room during the second day of my stay. It gave me a creepy feeling to know that someone from the hotel staff removed my shoes from the room. The manager told me they were sending me a check for the amount I paid for the shoes. I appreciate this and am still waiting for the check to come in the mail. I am sure the hotel knows who was in my room on this day and how long they were there cleaning, or if any other hotel staff entered while I was out all day attending a business meeting. It was very puzzling to me that the hotel management could not find my shoes or explain what happened. I have never had something taken from a hotel room before this, so this experience has left a very poor impression of this hotel. Additionally, the room did not meet my expectation for the quality of the furniture or the cleanliness. For example the coffee table looked old and had dry paint splatters on it (I assume from painting the room in the past). The chairs had tears in the upholstery and the carpet needed to be cleaned or replaced (had brown spots on it). The desk was wobbly and not sturdy enough to work on. This did not meet my expectation for a $199 per night Hilton.

3 Thank Bret S
Dear Bret S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know a little about your time with us. I want to apologize for the issues your experienced during your time and for the disappointed in the overall room conditions. I will be certain to pass your concerns to the hotel's General Manager. I hope that we can work to recover the missing shoes and investigate the issue behind that. Thank you for staying, and if you have any other concerns, please let me know.