“Pleasant Staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Pleasant Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good location, nice clean rooms, reasonable rate, but an amazing staff. Everyone we had contact with went above and beyond to be helpful and courteous!. Room was nice size, clean and comfortable. Especially liked that we were able to set individual room temperature, as we are quite fussy when it comes to sleeping.

Room Tip: They have a shuttle to downtown, but it wasn't always that convenient to our plans. Used it a c...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Julie S,

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and the staff. We pride ourselves on our service level, and I am glad to see that you were pleased by the service. I am sorry to hear that the shuttle wasn't a great benefit to you. It runs continually, but it unfortunately is not able to accommodate every request. Hopefully the rest of the stay made up for that. We would love to see you again the next time you visit Nashville.

Thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Philadelphia PA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I booked this hotel for my 22 year old daughter who was spending a week in Nashville alone. I wanted a location near where she was conducting some business and something safe for a young woman on her own. Everything worked out perfectly. My daughter said her room was very large, beautiful and clean. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Breakfast was great and the room service she ordered for dinner was great as well. The shuttle was a bonus. The gym had new equipment as well. She will be visiting Nashville again and we will book with the Hilton Garden Inn. She highly recommends this hotel. and so does Mom.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Susan B,

I am glad to hear that not only did your daughter enjoy the stay, but we have been given your stamp of approval. We continually hear good things about our restaurant quality, and your daughter can speak first hand about the food. Many guests take advantage of the complimentary shuttle as it saves on time and money. We would love to have both you and your daughter back very soon.

Thanks,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The valet was excellent. We called for our car from the room and it was there when we made it to the lobby. The only problem we had was at breakfast. They were so busy that half the tables were taken and the other half had not been bused yet. We had to wait for them to clean a table. Other than that, our stay was very nice. Breakfast food was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Camille G,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry for the wait for breakfast. I will pass your comments along to our Food and Beverage team to ensure that we are more appropriately staffed to handle the morning rush. Your comments are valuable to us, and they help us make continuing improvements to our hotel and service level. We look forward to having you back.

Regards,
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our first time in Nashville, and we couldn't have picked a better hotel! From the moment we pulled up we were impressed with the friendly and professional staff. Our room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, and it was spacious for 4 adults. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but did have a drink at the bar before heading down to the strip with the free shuttle (which ran until midnight when we were in town!) We did use the hot tub, which was nice too. The location was within walking distance to the Universities too. We saw on reviews that some people didn't like the cost of parking, but with free shuttle and being close to a lot of stuff, we were able to park the car and leave it, which is nice. I guess if you stay for a longer period of time, it could be really expensive. We will definitely stay here next time we come to town.

Room Tip: Right next to elevators are a little on the noisier side due to elevator traffic, but overall very q...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings Diane B,

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and the hotel. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities offered at the hotel. The shuttle is one of our most popular features, and the late ending time is a big plus for many guests. We love our location with the proximity to downtown and the universities, and we hope to have you back soon so you get the opportunity to sample some of the delicious food in the restaurant.

Thanks again,
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel again last week. The hotel is clean, very accommodating, breakfast is good and the location is fantastic! This is our second stay at this property. They do provide a shuttle service that will take you anywhere in a 2-3 mile radius (but service ends at 10pm), but honestly, you can walk just about anywhere you would like to go. Our first stay, we had the shuttle drop us at The Wildhorse Saloon and ventured in and out of several bars with live music. It was long after 10pm when we were ready to return to our room, so we walked back, a brisk 15-20 minute walk. Last week, on our second stay, we skipped the shuttle and walked where we wanted to go.....FYI, parking is about $25 per day per car!

• 5 of 5 stars
Ricky L, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear paula m,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write out this review.. I am glad you came back to stay with us again. We truly love when we have guests who come back time and time again. I am happy you enjoyed our location and utilized the shuttle to get around town. We hope to see you back again very soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn from Friday 3/15 to Sunday 3/17. The rate was $229 although everything seemed inflated that weekend because the SEC tournament was going on, so I'm guessing it's not typically that expensive. Still, I wouldn't pay more than half that to stay here if I ever return to Nashville.

Despite reserving a non-smoking room, my friend and I were informed by the front desk that none were available, so we'd have to take a smoking room. The front desk said non-smoking room reservations are only requests and are not guaranteed. However, they told us that they would deodorize the room after we went out for the evening. When we got back the room still smelled like smoke, so either they never did it, or it's simply ineffective because the smoke is so ingrained in the room. Anyway, the following day we were at least moved to a different room, and the hotel did compensate us for our troubles by giving us four vouchers for the hotel's breakfast ($48 value).

The rooms are okay but nothing special. My biggest complaint was that they are not very soundproof, meaning that you can hear people talking in the hallway, and other rooms' doors being closed. This made it hard to sleep at times.

Another complaint I have is that the housekeepers start early. By 9am they are knocking on people's doors and saying "Housekeeping!", which, due to the lack of soundproofing, was easily heard even when they were halfway down the hall. I even had a do not disturb sign on my door but that did not stop a housekeeper from knocking on my door and entering my room at 10am while I was in bed. I said what are you doing, I have a do not disturb sign on my door, and she just said, "Oh, sorry" and walked away. Highly unnecessary.

Another negative is the high cost of parking ($23/day whether you valet or self-park, with no good nearby street parking options). The exercise room is also very small, so unless you get the timing right, you might not be able to do what you want to do or even exercise at all.

The best part of the hotel was probably the breakfast. For $12 you can eat all you want, including cooked-to-order omelets, waffles, eggs, and so forth, as well as the usual fresh fruit and cereal and yogurt and OJ and coffee. It's nothing super duper, but still pretty good value. It would have been worth it even if we didn't have the vouchers.

The other redeeming quality of the hotel is the location. It's not smack dab in the center of downtown but you can take a cab to the heart of Broadway for about $8 (with tip), and there's also a cluster of bars within short walking distance (maybe 5 minutes).

Still, you can probably do better somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank kbarry03
Dear kbarry03,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have passed all information to the relevant managers. I have also advised our chef and breakfast staff how much you enjoyed the breakfast, which they were pleased to hear. If you do have any other concerns, please feel free to email me at ricky.leblancii@hilton.com
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is our hotel of choice when visiting Nashville. You are just far enough away from the main strip as to not get stuck in the traffic, but the hotel offers a shuttle down to the Broadway strip free of charge. This means you can drink a few and listen to the music and not have to worry about driving back to the hotel. They will pick you up right next to the famous Tootsie's. The hotel itself is nicely appointed and clean. They have valet parking or you can park yourself in the parking garge behind the hotel. You are very close to the Vanderbilt Univ. district and are within walking distance to some of the college bars and eateries. This is a prime location to the interstate and it's very easy to get in and out of. You are in a safe part of the city and the hotel makes your stay very pleasant. They have a full service breakfast each morning and a bar area as well. The rooms are nice and they have conference facilities at the top of the hotel. This is a really nice place!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KellyT,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this great review to and for us. We love hearing all feedback, and I love passing on great feedback to our team. I am glad you enjoy our location. We feel we are centrally located among all the goodies of Nashville. We definitely hope to welcome you back soon.