“Nice hotel. Good location”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice hotel. Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Its a nice place although we were charged 20 dollars to park.
The desk clerks were not very friendly and the beds were horrible. I think they were broken.
Very good location

• Stayed April 2012
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Billn39,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. On behalf of our entire staff I want to apologize for our shortcomings, your comments have been shared with our staff and they will only help us improve.

We do hope to see you again next time you are here in Nashville, I will personally make sure every thing goes smooth with your stay.

Juan C Mera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is one of the best Hilton Garden Inns out there. Excellent location, within walking distance to downtown (a little bit of a jaunt, but not bad) and music row and Vanderbilt. Many restaurants within an easy walk PLUS they offer a shuttle. I love the fresh fruit that is left in the foyer area of each floor. Rooms are always clean and well kept. Hilton should be proud to have its name affiliated with this property.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Mwright4,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt I want to say thank you for your excellent Trip Advisor review.

Your comments have been shared with our entire staff and we are all thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again next time you are here in town!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed here for a friends wedding. The reception was held on the top floor. This hotel is new and has a parking garage attached to it. One bonus to this hotel was the shuttle service willing to take us to local bars in the Midtown-12 Ave area. We cabbed it back. Overall a nice stay, which means my reasonable expectations were met. I would recommend this property. There was/is construction to building adjacent to the hotel, we did not hear or observe any building or construction during our stay. Even as a Hilton Diamond member staying on points, I still had to pay for parking. Not a deal breaker, but not surprising considering the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear James J,

On behalf of our etire staff I want to say thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

We hope you had fun at your friends wedding, we thought it was a complete success.

Next time you are here in Nashville, please come back and stay with us again.

Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Excellent location, free shuttle service anywhere you want to go. Call them and they pick you up.
Very friendly hotel staff, clean affordable rooms. Wonderful place to stay will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dave1545,

Our entire staff is thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay with us and on their behalf I want to say thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are here in Nashville.

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

When I first called to book our trip, the fellow who answered continually placed me on hold and eventually asked to return my call at a later time. He seemed nice enough, and later offered to upgrade us to a corner room. I had asked for a room with a view, if possible, as it was not only a trip to celebrate my 30th birthday, but the first trip my husband and I had ever taken alone together. The view we were greeted with was that of a run down carwash/gas station.

But, down to the meat of the review. The beds are supposed to be adjustable. Ours must have been stuck on the "granite" setting. I awoke at 6 am saying, "Oh my god, it hurts..." I spent part of the morning in tears, as I had spent $200 a night to spend my birthday in the most uncomfortable bed I've ever been in. I went to the front desk. I told the attendant that the bed settings were broken, and that the carpet was softer than that mattress. He showed no remorse, never said that he was sorry I had a miserable night. He asked my room number and said he would send someone to check on it. He never did. No one visited our room.

I awoke the next morning at 5am in tears again. By 6 am, I was at the front desk, in my pajamas, crying to the attendant. I couldn't even stand up straight. I told him again about the bed, he didn't seem to care. I also mentioned that, according to the bill that had been slipped under our door, parking was not a flat $20, but was a per diem, which was not disclosed to us previously. I called the general manager's (Juan Mera) cell phone at 6:30 am and left a message to tell him how dissatisfied we were. We checked out at 7 am so we could get home to our own beds.

The breakfast was okay. The waffles are yummy, but there were dead gnats in the fruit. And a server dripped dirty dish fluid on a friend. Never acknowledged the milk running down my friends arm, just left him to clean himself up.

Oh, and the shower head fell apart while I was using it.

All in all, I would honestly rather sleep in my car, parked at the nasty car wash/gas station in the middle of the ghetto, than visit a Hilton Garden Inn.

(Mr. Mera returned my call when were halfway home. He was incredibly unprofessional. He greeted me with, "You called me from this number?" I was caught off-guard, thinking maybe it was a wrong number, because if he had simply checked his voice message, he would know who was calling. I asked who was speaking. He responded with, "Who were you trying to call?" in a hostile tone. I knew then that even if I had had a good experience, that I will never stay somewhere that pays this man's salary.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lyndsay M
Dear Lindsay M,

I wanted to personally write to you and tell you how sorry I am about the issues you encountered during your stay at our hotel but more importantly to let you know once again how deeply sorry I feel about our interaction over the phone.

When I saw a missed call on my cell phone at 6am and returned the call I thought it was someone who had dialed the wong number. I do apologize if I came across in a hostile manner as it was not my intention whatsoever.

I am glad we have eventually spoken about this incident and I do hope you have accepted my sincere apologies, I also hope that you give us another chance and come back to stay in our hotel as I will personally make sure every thing is perfect during your stay.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Very enjoyable stay. We are not "seasoned" travelers so we were not sure what to expect.
We were in Nashville for college visits with our son, so our days were long and filled with lots
of walking! When we returned each afternoon, our room was as clean and fresh as when we first checked in. So nice to come in to. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The shuttle was a real plus, and we never had to wait more than 10 min. This hotel is CLEAN, friendly and close to lots of restaurants (including Gigi's Cupcakes!!!) We would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lifemom,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly.

We would love to have you back at our hotel next time you are here in Nashville.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Long story short, we were first at a dreadful hotel (the Millenium Maxwell House) due to a bad Priceline bid. After one night there, we fled. Ended up paying a lot more for hotels than we wanted since our Priceline bid was not refundable, but it was worth every penny to relocate to the Hilton Garden Inn. Every time we walked in, we signed with relief.

This hotel is near Vandy, and convenient to many restaurants and bars. There's lots to walk to easily. They hotel also has a shuttle, so we took advantage of that. Parking is $20/day, but what can you do about that. They did offer valet for the same price as self park, so we used valet, and gave them a call when we headed down and the car was always waiting for us when we got to the valet stand. Nice. All around, service was very good.

The property is very nice. Not sure how old it is, but it's clean and very comfortable. The hvac unit was a bit noisy, but aren't they all? The bed was comfy. Free wifi. They had a restaruant on site, although we didn't eat there. Coffee and fruit in the lobby all day, as well as cookies in the afternoon. The gym was nice. The pool/hot tub are indoors, which is a bit weird, but guess that means you can use it year round.

If we go back to Nashville, we'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, and at first we were worried about noise, but it was a non-issue. In g...