“Some neat items”

Ernest Tubb Record Shop
Ranked #15 of 109 Shopping in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Started by the legendary country music artist Ernest Tubb in 1947. Ernest Tubb was a member of the Grand Ole Opry, country Music Hall of Fame and Music City Hall of Fame. We offer music lovers a large selection of Country, Bluegrass and Gospel Music, Cd's, DVD's, Books, Songbook's & Instructional materials. Free concerts at all locations throughout the year.
Freeport, Illinois
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Some neat items”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

If you are looking for something to do it is OK. Seeing some memoriblia and his bus was good. Nice selection of CD's for sale but for me. I don't remember many of them since I am only 43. I only reconized some of the artifacts because of my grandparents. So it was hard for me to get too into it. For me I could have done something else.

Visited October 2011

Bundaberg, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Best Country Music Shop we came across”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Great to walk through the Ernest Tubb tour bus imagining what the walls of it would say if it could talk!! Found some great CD's and books there that I would never be able to get back in Australia at really good prices. I could have stayed there for hours but the kids had other things on their mind. give yourself plenty of time to look through the CD's and leave the kids behind.

Visited April 2011
Iowa
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“A worthy stop for a piece of performance and music purchase history”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We stopped at both the Broadway Ernest Tubb Record Shop and the location next to the Midnight Jamboree Theatre near the Opry. Both were great!

Ernest Tubb was one of my father's absolute favorite performers. This made the journey to the Music Valley Drive record shop especially meaningful for me with Ernest's 1970's tour bus and quite a bit of other memorabilia there.

You will see creative marketing throughout both stores. Nice options. The spirit of Ernest Tubb is alive and well in Nashville due to the efforts of those connected to the shop and Jamboree. Life is as it should be in Nashville with his spirit still strong there/

I would LOVE to attend the Midnight Jamboree if our schedules allow in Nashville another time.

Visited April 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Worth Checking Out”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Cute little record/cd shop with some other souveniers. It's the site of the midnite jamboree staqe and I just think it's worth checking out once!

1 Thank christie584
Merrillville, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Has alot of great stuff for good prices”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I loved this please got alot of my favorite country cd's for a reasonable price they have a adult magazine collection, dvd collection and record collection as well very interesting!!