“1st Time in Nashville”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

stephenal...
Camino, California
“1st Time in Nashville”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

Amazing stay at SA 505. Great room wonderful staff and close to everything you’d want to see in Nashville

Todd B
San Jose, California
“Great stay with friends!”
Reviewed May 6, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We had a great stay at the Alfred. Nice rooms, fantastic view and roomy. We especially liked the pool and common area. Great location too. The only thing I think should be improved is the shade in the bedroom. The shade does not block out much light.

Gilda H
“Don't stay here if you need blinds in your room to sleep or a dresser to put clothes in”
Reviewed April 6, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Beware of this hotel!

This hotel has lovely amenities on the 7th floor, a brilliant workout room, a Starbucks coffee machine, a nice pool and a lovely modern look with a beautiful lobby and common area. The individual rooms are decently equipped with kitchen utensils and furniture. The bathroom is large and shower was excellent. The washer and dryer in the apartment was not too loud and in working order. The view of Nashville was amazing from our apartment on the 15th floor.

There was only one problem - and it was a BIG ONE!

The only thing it doesn't have are BLINDS or CURTAINS that keep out the night lights of Nashville or the morning sun. I literally couldn't sleep all 6 nights I was there. I spoke to other people whorls had rented apartments there durning my stay and they said the same, but were only there for a night or two so didn't complain, or were there for work so they got up at 6:00 am anyway.

The hotel told me every room was like this so they couldn't move me to a different room with bigger blinds. They said that is what the builder put in.

Their solution was to take blankets with red electrical tape and put them over the blinds, which both looked horrible and fell down after a few hours or in the middle of the night so they didn't work. The hotel staff was very unaccommodating and made me feel like I was being difficult and just a "princess" for wanting darkness when I slept. I ended up having to call their parent company in Seattle every day to complain about this so that they would call the hotel itself to try to get them to have a solution. (Which as I stated above never happened, by the last two days they just gave up and did nothing.)

In addition, there was NOT ONE DRESSER WITH DRAWERS to put our underwear or socks/things we couldn't hang up. When I asked about this they said they they were "going for a modern look" and so dressers weren't part of that sleek look. So I asked how they suggested I store my undies and they suggest hanging them on hangers and brought me extras.

OUR CLOSET IN THE BEDROOM where we hung our clothes HAD NO DOORS either, so every morning, we had a choice, to wake up and look at our clothing in our closet or turn the other way and be blinded by the morning sun at 6:00 am....and red electrical tape hanging off the ceiling and windows where the blankets had fallen or half fallen down. It looked like I was staying in a dump instead of the expensive downtown sleek condo I was at, that I paid quite a pretty penny for.

The sense I got from my conversations with the staff and concierge is that they are still fixing up the place to sell for condos next year - and just renting in the meantime, so they don't really care if their guests are happy or have amenities needed such as doors, dressers and blinds, because they will just be selling the condos next year and people who buy will get their own.

I suppose they figure by the time they get enough bad reviews, they won't be renting apartments anyway so they don't try to fix anything.

If none of the above items would bother you, then its a lovely very modern /sleek place, with a great location right near Broadway and across from Pucketts Diner/Bar which is famous in Nashville. Has valet 24 hours for $35 per night. Parking downtown overnight is $40 so it was a great price. The valet was just what you expect in a downtown area - usually prompt - except during busy times - so call more than 10 minutes in advance of needing to leave if you need to get out in a hurry.

If I had to do it over again, I would have left after the first night/discovering the issue with the blinds and gotten a refund and stayed somewhere else. I paid about $270 PER NIGHT to not be able to sleep.

They refunded me a small portion because their ad said my apartment had a balcony (which we really wanted) but it didn't. They have amended the ad for the property to say no balcony they told me. If not, another warning there are not balconies with the $270 per night apartments, only a few of their penthouses.

I also gave them a chance to refund a larger portion of my stay due to my unhappiness but they declined and were not very nice about the way they spoke to me about that, which also left me with a bad taste in my mouth about them.

I am not trying to "trash" the Stay Alfred, I just want unsuspecting renters to beware because it literally ruined the majority of my time in Nashville. Again, it is not that the blinds aren't "perfect" it is that they are literally sheer. I have photos and if I can figure out how to put them on TripAdvisor I will post them!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing