“Not what I expected”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #71 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed February 7, 2010

First the bed was wonderful. The room was small and the carpet was awful. The bath tub looked stained, I wanted to take a bath but showered instead. The hallways smelled awful the room didnt smell much better. I bought some air freshner and a candle . The hotel house keeper enter in room before check out and didnt knock ...weird.. Well the bed was great so I guess I maybe would stay again. Also I should have booked ahead my room was double the price quoted online. I never could acess internet wifi..it wanted to charge me 10 bucks a day ..suppose to be free

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank meanshannon

Reviewed January 5, 2010

I found myself needing a hotel close to the airport at around 6pm so I whipped out my smartphone and browsed tripadviser hoping to find a good deal for that same night. I am a design junkie so when The Preston popped up amid all of the many, many chain hotels in the area of the airport I was intrigued. The reviews were all over the place so I was skeptical but the price was right ($79).

I have stayed at some wonderful high-end boutique hotels (W, Kimpton, Opus) and The Preston is not one of them. It is, however, a very good hotel for the price I paid - I think its called value. The Preston is a very good value.

It appears to me that someone got creative and transformed what was a standard run-of-the-mill hotel into a boutique-e type hotel with some nice, quirky, modernist and artsy flourishes. It felt sort of surreal walking around it -I felt like I was on the set of a Jim Jarmusch movie.

It works for me and to their credit it will never be mistaken for a Residence Inn or Marriott.

My room was on the 5th floor. The mattress was very comfortable (as were the clean, high threadcount sheets). Huge room, nice bath. Yes, I could hear airport noise and I had a little trouble controlling the temperature of the HVAC unit but overall I was happy with my stay at this hotel.

i did not eat at the restaurant. There is a law on the books that forbids travelers to eat in hotel restaurants if there are other options available. It's true, look it up!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank zulu143
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I'm not picky by any stretch but when someone gets cute and decides to knock on my door and run its gets a little irritating. The first time was fine but the 4th and 5th times with no response from security became very concerning. Then the phone started ringing and ringing and ringing.

The wireless in the rooms was hit or miss. When it was hit it was not high speed. There was not central heating, only a wall unit that ran all day/night. I turned it off my second night and the room got down to 45 degrees.

If you're looking for a quite place to work or relax, this is not it. If you just need a bed to sleep in with a restaurant and close to the airport this would be a good place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
ChadArmistead, Facilities Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2009

Dear Jeiler26,

Thank you for your review. We do have some great deals on Priceline! We take the security and comfort of our guests seriously and will always do everything possible within our control to ensure our guests enjoy a great stay. We appreciate your business so please come visit us again soon.
Kindest Regards,
Chad Armistead

Reviewed October 8, 2009

The Hotel Preston was a pleasant surprise. While the furniture needed updating the beds were very comfortable. The location was great, close to many attractions!

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed October 8, 2009

When we got there they were unloading our car and taking up luggage. We talked to them about why we were they and for how long. Nolan came back with a handwritten itinery of things we needed to do and could do in our alloted time there. Everything from restaurants to history was included. We loved it and would post things as we did them on FACEBOOK. Friends were asking how in the world were we able to do all that we did.... Thanks, Nolan!!!! Hope to be back to visit you and your Hotel soon.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank robinfrye
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We chose the Hotel Preston for our 10th wedding anniversary. It was perfect! Awesome staff, cool atmosphere. Walked into our huge, clean, gorgeous room, and the radio/clock was playing soft music. Fantastic! Air was already on and waiting on us. Perfect! We came back from dinner, and the lounge was open with the live band playing, and it was great! Pool table in the lounge. Awesome!!! We had a fantastic time, and will absolutely come again. We will recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank t2betrish
Reviewed September 5, 2009

By Todd, 12/28/08
Where to start:reservation was wrong,assured a room overlooking the city,had to wait 1/2 hour for our room,given a poor room overlooking the ac units.There was a dog barking all night and must have urinated because the hallway stunk.Get It Now????Hardly,half the items not available and if they were, sooo overpriced it was ridiculous.They charge for EVERYTHING that most hotels include.Internet access was 9 dollars a day,music on tv,9 a day.Asked for ashtrays 4 times and after a 3 hours we got a sugar packet dish because they couldnt get into housekeeping.I was completely and utterly disgusted with the lack of service and attention to details that they so build their reputation on.I cant even begin to describe how badsthe experiance was.This was supposed to be a romantic weekend to propose but it turned into one problem after another.I travel around 50 days a year for work and stay at many differant hotels and this was the worst i experianced in 2 years.
Addendum: I never heard from this hotel after complaining to management and had to add this review here since they never responded to my previous complaints.Im glad that apparently Chad the manager made right by other guests who left negative reviews....I just wish we were one of them.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
ChadArmistead, Facilities Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2009

Dear tddherring 1,
Thank you for you review. We designate the 2nd floor as out hotel’s smoking floor and we are a pet friendly hotel, making us unique among hotels that have chosen to eliminate either one or both options to guests. We also offer complimentary internet access to guests in our business center and wifi for a reasonable, competitive fee compared to other full service hotels comparable to ours. We did adjust your room charges, internet charges, and complimentary dinner in Café Isabella during your stay in December 2008 after you spoke with our Guest Service Manager and Hotel Manager to express your concerns. We would enjoy the opportunity to have you back as our guest!
Kindest Regards,