“Still need some help we left with a negitive leave.”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #69 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Stillwater
“Still need some help we left with a negitive leave.”
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We stayed at this location on our way back to Oklahoma from our Honeymoon. Everything started nice and the look or the hotel was great. Then we went to dinner and it was 2 out of 5. My husbands fish was great but my ziti was awful the was so much cheese I couldn't even eat it. The staff was helpful in getting in to the heart of Nashville. Before we left my husband got a romance package I was excited I was think white wine and chocolate covered strawberries. We set up time to have it delivered to our room and they front desk was helpful on arranging a time. It was 20 after 8:00pm and it was supposed to be there at 7:45pm, so we had to called and then they got it to our room. We paid $80.00 for the package. It was awful, I have know idea what we paid for. There were some nice chocolates and red wine, but whip cream, it was so trashy. I did not like red wine and we had tried to drink it but no. I called down to ask for a white and they were nice to help up and said let us see what we can do. 20min later they come back with a half a bottle of white wine, which was okay, but they I saw they brought new glasses so I grab one, they both has lipstick on the side. It was like some one set it out side there door to be picked up and he picked it up and brought it to our room. The honeymoon ended there, we went to bed and just wait till we could leave. We also got the breakfast and it was okay but it was a high price for what it was. Not very happy when we left.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ChadArmistead, Facilities Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, June 10, 2009
Dear HintonMT,
Thank you for your review. We try to make every experience at our hotel unique, which is why we have different items available as part of our romantically themed packages. We try to ensure excellent service and execution of these packages, but it sounds like a mistake was made on getting your request taken care of. We appreciate being able to address our guest concerns and I am glad our front desk staff was helpful in assisting you during your stay.

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Indonesian first
Nashville
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Outstanding!-Extremely courteous, perfectly decorated, fit us to a T! We will definitely stay again and so will our friends!

Houston
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We have stayed at the Preston several times over the last four years while our daughter attended college. We have witnessed and tolerated the renovations over that time.

It has a great attitude and is a good value. Things are not always perfect, but for the price, they are pretty darned good. Were I to stay in Nashville again, I would stay here.

South Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed May 15, 2009

After reading some of the reviews here we decided to stay at the Hotel Preston and we were greatly disappointed with our accommodations.

We stayed here for 3 nights (room 317) because my daughter was graduating from college. The young lady who checked us in was very nice and friendly. When checking in you should be made aware of the fact that you need to use your room key to use the elevator. The vibe of the hotel was good, we enjoyed looking at the photos, the art deco flare and the pink crayon dress.

When we got to our rooms they look good when you first walk in and are a nice size, but the bathroom is pretty small.

The hotel is actually an older hotel that has been poorly renovated. The bathroom in our room was horrible, I went to use the sink and the faucet was lose and moved back and forth, when we went to take a shower there was mold and the tub would drain verrrrrrryyyy slowly (the tub would be about half full with water at the end of the shower). They should have scraped the paint off the bathroom door before painting it, because the previous paint was peeling up from the bottom of the door and they just painted over it. There is also no vent in the bathroom. We went and brought cleaner and Lysol to doing a little cleaning in the bathroom. The robe hanging in the bathroom looked like it was not washed from the previous guest.

The bed and pillows were pretty comfortable, but the bedding was horrible- the sheets were rough, scratchy and stiff, the comforter was very heavy and uncomfortable and they didn't have any blankets.

Room cleaning was not up to par. For instance, on Friday, when we returned later in the day, the only way you could tell that the room had been cleaned was because the bed was made. We made tea in the morning and the packet of sugar that was left open was still on the counter and the containers were not refilled. I'm not sure if the trash can in the bathroom was knocked over because under the sink was an empty water bottle, tissues and receipts. I went to wash my face and the washcloth had a sour smell to it.

I didn't eat at the restaurant, but my husband, mother-in-law and sister-in-law had breakfast there on Saturday and were not happy with their food.

There's nothing like waking up to the sound of a barking dog in tbe morning outside your window or hearing them barking in the hall.

Lastly, we were on the third floor, which must have been above the club because the music could be heard in our room, I was glad to have a loud air conditioner to drown out some of the music.

We will not be staying at this property again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
ChadArmistead, Facilities Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, May 17, 2009
Dear Pam329,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and certainly wish to address any concerns our guests have during their stay. I am glad you enjoyed the vibe and décor of the hotel. We would love to have you back as our guest again.

Kindest Regards,

Chad Armistead
Lexington
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We chose this hotel based on the reviews that I had read. I am glad that I did. We loved this place! The rooms were wonderful and the beds were soooo comfortable. The service was great and the staff was very helpful to us especially since this was our first trip to Nashville. The lobby bar was a blast on Friday night. I would recomment that they get some red bull to go with the Yeager! We went into downtown a couple of times by car and was there without any problems in about 10 minutes, so the location was also a bonus. The price was great. You can not go wrong if you choose this hotel on your next stay in Nashville, I know we certainly will.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Nashville
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Loved our room (huge!), the package (ooey gooey night out), and the food (both dinner and the Sunday morning buffet). The service was totally awesome! We had leftovers from dinner that the restaurant kept in their fridge for us to take home the next day. But don't go for the social interaction. On a Saturday night, there were few in the restaurant and slightly more in the bar. Drinks from the bar were just sad. Overall, we had a great stay, but would have loved to be able to get a little more wild and crazy : )

porschad
Reviewed May 13, 2009

me and my partner went here for our valentines weekend and i must say i was very impressed it was a minor problem with my credit card but they worked with me still until i could get it fixed the food wasn't that great but other than that the hotel was perfect!!!!

Porscha