“Nice hotel, comfortable, Minor issues.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #68 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Nice hotel, comfortable, Minor issues.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights & the beds were very comfortable.
It was hard to get my kids up.
It is a great location if you have a car & is about 5 miles from downtown.
The room was fairly clean.
If you want a ice machine on your floor, you have to be on an even# Floor.
The staff are really friendly & helpful.
We came in late on night & security stopped & made sure were not alone in the parking lot.
The problem I had is with keeping guests in line.
We went to the pool one day to relax & a tribe of like 17 people had taken up 1/2 the area. A lady screaming across the pool every 2 minutes, instead of waddling over & being responsible, they had people throwing cases of alcohol over the fence, 1/2 of them smoking, glass containers in hand & 1/2 were loud.
We didn't stay long, as it wasn't relaxing or comfortable.
I was surprised it was 3 1/2 star, more like 2 1/2 or 3, we brought back soda & left overs & realized there was no fridge.
There was no shampoo or conditioner in the Bathroom.
I think I would stay here again though due to its proximity to everything, & the lovely staff.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel-Preston09, General Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
dear Stonecoldraj,

Thank you for your nice thoughts about the Hotel Preston. We look forward to your returning visit.
Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Indonesian first
valley village
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed here for one night. We had a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the roof which was not very exciting. Staff was very nice during check in. No bellman to assist with luggage. Room was very comfortable with decent furnishing and good flat screen & coffee maker. Great shower & decent lighting. Overall, enjoyed our 1 night stay.

Room Tip: Get a room in the higher floors and away from the elevators
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for the compliments on the rooms and our staff. If there's anything we could've done to make your experience with us five-star, I'm all ears!

Looking forward to your next visit,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights & the beds were very comfortable.
It was hard to get my kids up.
It is a great location if you have a car & is about 5 miles from downtown.
The room was fairly clean.
If you want a ice machine on your floor, you have to be on an even# Floor.
The staff are really friendly & helpful.
The problem I had is with keeping guests in line.
We didn't stay long, as it wasn't relaxing or comfortable.

Stayed August 2014
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Raj, thank you for taking the time to reach out and leave some feedback. I want to personally apologize for the rowdy crowd at the pool. Although we want all of our guests to have a good time, hindsight is always 20/20, and it looks like we could've made sure the pool was more family-friendly.

That said, I appreciate your input, as hearing this kind of feedback is the best way for us to improve. We're going to take this feedback and run with it, so we'd love to prove that to you the next time you're in Nashville. Thank you for your kind words on the rooms and our staff, and I hope to see you again soon.

All the best,
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My cousin was flying in for a long weekend and we wanted to spend the first night in Nashville. I did some research and thought the Hotel Preston looked cute and quirky, and it had an airport shuttle (necessary because I was meeting her after I got out of work and she was flying in much before I would get there to pick her up - she needed a way to the hotel). So, we booked. When she arrived she texted me and said it was moderately creepy and the walls were thin enough to hear a good bit of noise from the room over. The staff was very friendly and the beds were comfortable. We were missing our TV remote, but that wasn't the end of the world. The lighting was poor and the floor had missed some vacuuming in places. Overall, not great but not terrible. Decent for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave these comments. It's a shame to read that your cousin found our hotel to be "creepy," but our unique decor unfortunately isn't for everyone. Still, we want you to have a clean and comfortable stay, so I want to apologize for the floor in your room. We take hygiene very seriously here, so it sounds like we must've had an off-day when cleaning your room. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, because we want to make sure this doesn't happen again moving forward.

Overall, I'm happy to read you enjoyed the beds, as well as our staff. However, I'm a little confused as to how you felt mislead by our website, so if you have any additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Until then,
Tuscaloosa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Good food and bar, but as typical well overpriced. Live band was neat, room was clean and people all very friendly. Bed was very uncomfortable, I would stay somewhere else next time for a comfortable bed

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tim, we want to provide you with a comfy place to rest your head, so I'm sorry to read our bed wasn't your favorite. (I think they're very comfy, but not everyone has the same mattress preferences!) Still, I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the Pink Slip, as well as a clean room. If there's anything you'd like to follow up on, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Until then,
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

If you are tired of the same hotel chains, Hotel Preston is the one for you. It's decorated with Nashville paraphernalia and was so much fun. The beds are super comfortable and the soaps,lotions are green tea and of good quality. Just a different twist...so tired of boring furnishings and sterile environments. Each guest is given a "Spiritual Menu" and a "Pillow Menu". With the stop for a unique experience. Can't comment in the price because we did Priceline and got 2 nights for $152, taxes included, which was probably a good deal. One suggestion I would have is for them to expand the workout room. There was only one elliptical and a treadmill that didn't work.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
It's so great to read you enjoyed your room and all its unique amenities! Thanks so much for leaving this thoughtful review, including the feedback on our workout room. Although the gym isn't the main focus of our hotel, it's helpful to see where you think we can improve. Overall, if you're ever back in Nashville, we'd love to see you again.

Take care,
Auburn, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Got a real cheap rate on one of those buy before you know the name sights. At 1/2 a major chain 3 star hotel, I didn't expect much. I was there for a convention, so I cannot comment on the food otr bar, but from the front desk, to the rooms and all the staff. Hat's off. A great experience. I would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: I was straight across an elevator. Still quiet with great access.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Well I'm glad to read you enjoyed everything from the front desk to the rooms and staff. We'd love to show you a great meal the next time you're in Nashville, so don't be a stranger!

All the best,