“Clean, comfortable, pet- friendly, good price”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #71 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Madison, al
“Clean, comfortable, pet- friendly, good price”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Location made it easy to get to airport and Opryland. Breakfast was very good....Fresh and well prepared with great service. Room was nicely furnished and had a very comfortable bed. Nice area for pet walk.

Room Tip: If the band is playing that night, make sure your room is not on 2nd floor just above it!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank RonPatTravels
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! From our convenient location to our pet-friendly amenities, we're so glad you're a fan of our hotel. When you're back in Nashville, we'd love to host you again!

Until then,
Steven Hoida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Older property with dated rooms. Not a bad hotel, just unremarkable. The showers are small with fluctuations in water pressure and temperature. Small television. The free wifi is nice.

The restaurant inside is bad. Even breakfast was bad. Maybe not enough volume to use any fresh products.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We always want our guests to have the best experience possible, so "just unremarkable" is disappointing to hear. I want to apologize if you experienced inconsistent water pressure — did you happen to let someone on staff know? We would have worked to accommodate you ASAP. The same goes with our meals. In the future, please let us know in the moment — we'd never want you to eat something that you didn't enjoy!

I do hope you'll give us another shot. We'd love nothing more than to give you a 5-star experience moving forward.

Much appreciated,
Newport Beach, California, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room here for a business trip and it was ok. The room was pretty well furnished with new, trendy furniture. I just wish the location was a bit better. It's not close to downtown, but rather, about a 20 minute drive. It's close to the airport, so if that's all you need, it's perfect. I was a little annoyed when I arrived after a red-eye flight to be told that I couldn't check in yet even though I notified the booking agent of my early arrival and she advised it would be fine. After I persuaded the front desk agent of this, he let me check in but I don't like having to argue the minute I arrive after a fatiguing trip.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank slink_123
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We're sorry to hear you had a pretty disappointing experience with us. You're right — you've had a long day of traveling, and the last thing you want is to have added stress when you arrive. Poor customer service is a personal pet peeve of mine, so I want to apologize if you were treated like anything less than a valued guest. We always want our guests to feel completely taken care of, so I can promise you this isn't an accurate reflection of our attitude or our hotel. That said, I'm glad you enjoyed your room and our unique decor! I do hope you will stay with us the next time you're in Nashville. I'm confident we can give you a 5-star experience moving forward.

nashville
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was very pleased with our stay. We celebrated Valentine's Day here on a romantic mini-vacation. Pros: The room was extremely clean, with very swanky decor. The staff was super nice and the bed was SO comfortable. I got one of the best night's sleep that I can remember.They have nice extras such as a pillow menu, lava lamps, and a monogrammed robe, among others. They allowed me to check in early, and anytime I called the front desk to request something, they came up to my room immediately. Cons: We ordered the room service, but the food was really rich and heavy and gave us both a stomach ache. I advise skipping this step and enjoying one of the nearby restaurants. Our room had a terrible ugly view of the roof, but we weren't exactly there for the view so that was not a big deal for us. Beware that if your room is above the lounge when they are doing karaoke, you can hear it pretty loudly, although it didn't go very late. Overall I was very pleased with our stay and will stay here again, just not over the bar on a weekend/karaoke night. :)

Room Tip: Don't stay over the restaurant/bar area on karaoke nights.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm so glad we could help make your Valentine's vacation so memorable. We pride ourselves on being a quirky, unique hotel, but we always want our guests to feel at home. That said, I'm sorry you had a bad room service experience. Do you remember what you ordered? I'd like to look into this for you personally. I apologize if you could hear the karaoke downstairs — did you happen to let someone on staff know? We would have been more than happy to accommodate you. Once again, we're so happy you enjoyed yourself! Come back and see us soon.

Cheers,
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Retro hotel close to airport. Clean and very friendly staff. Red felt cow hide elevator was different. Beds were GREAT!! pink slip lounge was cool. Live music nightly but Mondays. Would stay again. Restaurant sucked. Long waits and poor food.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
"Retro" chic is always what we're going for! Thanks for letting us know how we're doing. From our friendly staff to our fun lounge, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. That said, we'll definitely take note of your comments regarding our restaurant. If you have any specific comments for us, we're all ears! We want to make sure your next trip is a 5-star experience.

Be well,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The service was outstanding – the staff was friendly and helpful. They are very pet friendly as well. The room was nice and clean but the building is old and some of the interior seems dated. It is also located in a poor area. That being said, it is minutes from both downtown Nashville and the airport. All things considered, I will likely stay here again, mostly due to the service and good price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank J_Stamper
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Outstanding service is always our goal, so we can't thank you enough for this fabulous feedback! I'm glad you had a wonderful stay. That said, I'll be sure to take note of your comment regarding some dated decor — if you have any specific feedback for us, we're all ears! Next time you're in the Music City, we'd love for you to stay with us again.

Be well,
Boonton, New Jersey
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Funky boutique hotel with neat furnishings and comfortable beds. Unfortunately, the man at the front desk the night we checked in seemed a bit more like an angry school janitor, barking directions at guests, rather than being a professional hotel employee. The hotel was clean, the rooms were a good size and the location near the airport was convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thanks for letting us know how we're doing, Jason. While it's wonderful you enjoyed your stay and our comfortable rooms, I'm very surprised to hear that our front desk attendant was so brazen and unprofessional. I can promise you this sort of behavior is not an accurate reflection of our service. Would you mind letting me know the dates that you stayed with us? I'd like to look into this personally. Thanks again for your kind words, and we look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Cheers,