“Skin deep”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #72 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Preston tries to be trendy, in a retro sort of way, but doesn't quite pull it off. The hall and room were dark, almost to the point of being creepy. I don't recall what brand hotel this used to be, but it's pretty obvious that the Preston crew came in and made some cosmetic changes - carpet and decor - but underneath it's still a 20 (or more) yr old property. I chose it because it had 3 1/2 stars, compared to the straight 3 for most of the others in the price range, but it'd put it in the 2 - 2 1/2 range.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wade P
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

I'm sorry you find our decor underwhelming, Wade. We pride ourselves on being a very unique and quirky hotel, so "creepy" is disappointing to hear. If you have any specific feedback for us on how you think we could improve aesthetically, we're all ears! Besides the decor, how was your stay? Was our staff attentive? Did you find your bed comfortable? We hope to hear from you.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Preston

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I arrived late (11:30pm) on December 29th & options were limited as they appear to stay busy. Based on room availability I decided on booking a suite ($160 range ~ roughly 30-40$ more than standard rooms), overall total was $200.00 including city/state/local tax's. I was given a corner suite on the top floor with a kitchen, fridge, 2 bathrooms, a "living room" with couch, coffee table, books etc.. Both rooms in the suite had really cool lamps that were 'pinkish-red neon'. The living room had what I'm guessing was a 50" television, the bedroom had a 29" t.v. The bed was comfortable & the view from my room (whilst overlooking i-40/Briley Parkway) was still pretty cool. Did i mention perfect quiet/privacy? Did not hear a single sound all night long! Btw.. the key-card security on the elevators is a big plus++ in my book.. i think more hotels should implement that system. Only had one issue actually.....

And its why I ranked the "Value" as average... my 1 issue kind of ruined an almost perfect hotel experience. The next morning @ shower time... around 8:50 - 9:05 AM there was ZERO hot water..I'm talking..not even WARM water.... I had a meeting in Nashville that morning & was unable to shave/properly bath due to a lack of even a semi "warm water". I didn't have time to discuss the issue with the hotel desk clerk upon my exit.. they may have been able to do something for me.. guess I'll never know. I'll reserve my final recommendation's after my next stay... I'll give it another shot to see if the hot water issue was a 1-time thing or not.

Room Tip: A corner suite here is no doubt an incredible idea for any date-night/romantic getaway.. very large...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

While it's wonderful you had an almost perfect stay, William, I'm so sorry to hear about your hot water issue. Had you let your front desk know, we would have worked to resolve that issue for you ASAP! That said, I know you were pressed for time, and I'm sorry for this less than ideal start to your morning. I do hope you'll stay with us again soon. Give the chance, I know we can knock it out of the park for you next time!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked a one night stay (1/02/2014) at Hotel Preston after reading good reviews about them being pet friendly and "trendy". I am not one to have super high expectations when traveling and staying in hotels (especially when I have my dogs that are staying with me) I do however, expect a clean room. Our room was so far from clean that I actually wore my socks the entire time so that my bare feet didn't touch the carpet. The sheets had holes, hair and black stains on them. The bathtub did not drain which isn't a big deal, but the grey gooey substance that started to float out of the drain was. Towels had stains, toilet seat was chewed up by someone who must had previously had a dog in the room. Lamp shades were ripped with holes in them, the room service sheet that you filled out still had the last persons order written on it & lastly... The SMELL. A nice mix of both cigarettes and pee (I'm assuming the pee smell was from the giant carpet stains). It's unfortunate they don't take better care of the hotel, I really wanted to like the place but don't have one nice thing to say except for the fact that I liked they were pet friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Erinestelle
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

I can honestly say that I am shocked and a bit embarrassed to read this feedback, Erinestelle. What's been described certainly isn't an accurate reflection of our hotel, and I'd like to look into this for you ASAP as we take cleanliness very seriously. Did you let our front desk or a manager know about the state of your room? We'd never want you to stay somewhere you weren't comfortable. This is inexcusable, and I want to apologize on behalf of our hotel.

I'd very much like to continue this discussion. Would you mind emailing me at your convenience with your room number if you can remember it? Once again, I'm truly sorry for any frustration you experienced.

Janette.simon@provenancehotels.com

Reviewed December 29, 2013

On a recent road trip, we made the decision to stay overnight in Nashville. We used Priceline and got the Hotel Preston. After reading mixed reviews, we were pleasantly surprised to find a decent room for such a great rate. While I would not classify it as 3 1/2 stars as advertised, it was still clean, had some charm, and the staff was friendly and accomodating.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for the great review! I'm happy to hear we exceeded your expectations when it came to providing you with a pleasant and relaxing stay. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the rest of the staff as well. If you ever find yourself back in Nashville, I hope you'll think of staying with us again!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I got a great deal on Priceline, name your own price. It was close to many areas of town, easy to get on 40 or Briley Pkwy. You have to use the room key for the elevator to go up.
I thought the room was clean but there was nothing special about it. There is a large selection of pillow types. The sheets were soft and the bed covering was modern.
I didn't eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thanks for this helpful feedback. We're so glad you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay! While it's wonderful you were impressed with the cleanliness of your room, we'd love to know what you think we could add to it to make it special. We're all ears! I hope you'll stay with us again soon. Our pillows are waiting for you!

Happy New Year,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The reception are is clean and trendy, but the loud music pumping out of the bar in the evenings might put some people off. The staff are friendly.

The red fuzzy walls on the inside of the elevator sure brings a dimension of color, compared to the brown walls and brown carpets when you go upstairs !

They sell rooms off cheap on the internet to keep the hotel full, so they are trying to make it work out. Can't fault that.

I would stay again, for this price I don't expect a 4 star hotel within a 1/2 mile of the airport runway !

There wasn't any breakfast.

Room Tip: Some rooms are inline with the airport runway, so stay on the quiet side !
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for this helpful feedback. We're always looking to knock it out of the park for our guests, so I'm sorry you had a very average stay. Were you at all disturbed by the music from our lounge? We make sure that our guests don't hear it from their rooms, but if you did, I hope you let our staff know. If there's anything you would add to or change about our decor, we're all ears! I hope you'll come back and stay with us again in the New Year. We'd love to bring that "wow" factor moving forward.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

So the pictures and reviews were good and we are traveling through from Georgia back to Chicago so we chose hotel Preston. We rented the executive suite because our two kids were with us. The hotel just comes off as creepy. It is a really dated hotel with a popcorn low ceiling which was renovated with cool furniture and such... But it just doesn't work. It made me feel like I was in a cheap apartment that I decorated way too well. The dead bugs were all over the windowsills and the desk... And the living bugs were... Everywhere! Absolutely gross. The bugs were ladybugs, that were seen... But there were a minimum of 20 crawling and flying around our room. They said there was an infestation in Nashville... No. So we left and are now staying at the omni downtown for $20 less and it is amazing. I just had to warn travelers as I really wish I would have read a review like this.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Hschicago

I'm so sorry to hear about this very strange experience. We take cleanliness very seriously, so the last thing we want is for you to feel uncomfortable. I hope you let our staff know about the bugs. We should have sent someone to take care of the problem immediately or moved you to a different room. If that didn't happen, then I am truly sorry. Would you mind sending us an email with the day you stayed with us and your room number (Janette.simon@provenancehotels.com)? We'd like to look into this for you ASAP. Once again, I am truly sorry for any frustration we caused. I can promise you this isn't an accurate reflection of our service or our business in general.