“Very nice hotel, convenient to airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #66 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Tuscumbia, Alabama
“Very nice hotel, convenient to airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

A group of us stayed at the Hotel Preston prior to 6 a.m. international flight. The front desk was helpful in arranging shuttles for our group to the restaurant and then to the aiport the next morning. The hotel was beautiful and clean. I was a bit concerned that sleep might be a challenge since there was a large crowd in the common areas of the hotel, but I never heard anything in my room. I would definitely stay again, especially when flying out of the Nashville airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank beachlover1964
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for this thoughtful feedback! We know travel can be tiring, let alone international travel, so our job is to make sure you're taken care of once you arrive. I'm so glad you had a relaxing night's sleep and enjoyed our unique and quirky hotel. Next time you're in Nashville, we'd love for you to stay with us again!

Until then,
Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We checked in late on a Saturday evening from going out. Taxi from downtown was around $25. Really cool lobby area. We wanted a king room and it wasn't available so in the comment box online I asked if they could call me if one became available and they called! We got a huge king room. Pretty cool of them! I would recommend if you don't mind the 10 min commute to downtown.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Samm_grids
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
You ask, and we do our best to deliver! Thank you for this thoughtful review. We know travel can be stressful, so it's our job to make sure you feel taken care of once you've finally arrived! We're glad you had a very comfortable stay and hope to see you back here soon.

Take care,
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Hotel Preston while we were Nashville for the Southern Ground Music & Food Festival. It's just 5 miles from downtown and easy enough to get a cab if you don't want to drive and try to park downtown. The hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable and roomy. The staff does a great job accommodating your needs. They provide a shuttle from the airport to the hotel but not downtown.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hearing this great feedback is more rewarding than you know, Lisa. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Our staff works hard to make sure our guests are taken care of, so thanks for giving them a shout out!

Next time you're back in Nashville, we'd love for you to stay with us again.

Until then,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Claims to be a boutique hotel and its furnishing do make an attempt at being such but ultimately the building is too dingy and prison like for this to work. The staff are shocking and checking in and out seemed like an imposition to the staff. One saving grace was the shuttle driver to the GOO, he was excellent, so friendly, helpful and all round fantastic. He's too good for that place and should go elsewhere rather than be a shining star at this alcatraz of a hotel. So expensive for what it provided too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I'm sorry you feel this way. We want our guests to have a relaxing and memorable stay, so the fact that you thought it was "prison-like" is disappointing. If our staff came across as anything but professional, I want to apologize. That certainly wasn't their intention. I'm happy to continue this conversation and hear any more specific feedback you have for us regarding our staff, amenities or ambiance.

Much appreciated,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Whatever could go wrong did. The staff was incompetent at all aspects. The desk staff put us in the wrong room. They would not admit or figure out that they did they and they kept making excuses to cover that up. We were told we had to deal with our room. They then gave our room keys to other guests who walked in on us. The wi-fi would work. All this added up to giving us the wrong room. After they finally decided to admit it the informed us we were in the wrong room which we argued with them early for at least 15 minutes. Our new room had a bloody booger on the bathroom floor and we didn't have a remote. After ALL of this we got NO concessions, discount, apologies. The manager was rude. We will never be back and we travel near there a good 10 nights a year.

Stayed September 2013
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, Pete. Before anything else, our guests' happiness comes first, so as you can imagine, this review is disappointing to read. The reservation mix up was our mistake—there was confusion with two guests who had very similar names. I want to apologize for this initial inconvenience.

After investigating the mistake, we contacted you and asked if you would like to move into the king bed you had reserved. Upon following up, you let us know you had concerns about the cleanliness of the room and that you were missing a remote. I apologize if your room wasn't clean before you arrived—I will be sure to speak with my staff about this, as we take cleanliness very seriously. We promptly sent housekeeping up to your room and maintenance delivered the remote.

We then apologized by offering you vouchers for your inconvenience and you respectfully declined them. If you have any more concerns or questions for me, I'm happy to continue this conversation. Once again, I apologize for these series of missteps and can promise you this won't be an issue moving forward.

Wentzville, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I recently spent the night at The Preston with a few of our friends in a Executive Double. We walked into a boutique lobby and were greeted by a host of friendly staff. I had booked this room the week prior on the Hotel's website and anticipated a night out in Nashville and a comfortable night sleep. Unfortunately we did not have the experience we planned for.

Our first room either A.) had a window leak or B.) had a leak from the AC that had dampened the carpet 15 or more feet from the source. While trying to take care of this, Jenna was helpful in moving our room, but unfortunately with only two at the front desk, the transition took a lot of time. Once in our room, we were delivered a lava lamp and beta fish... quirky. We also tried our luck with the pillow menu, and were delivered a body pillow and two "firm," not firm, pillows with no pillowcases. When we asked for pillow coverings they were delivered in a reasonable amount of time. My hope is in the future, body pillowcases become a part of the lineup as two regular pillow covers fall off.

There were two outside forces that impacted our stay, Titans preseason football, and the downtown BBQ fest. The impact was most noted in our travel in Nashville. Preston offers a shuttle, which takes you to where you need to be... and cabs charge a flat fee of $18 one way, but the shuttle was not running so this expense seemed outlandish.

My wife and I are big fans of boutique hotels, and wanted so badly to be a fan of the Preston. Unfortunately, we likely will not make this our first choice in Nashville based on our experience.

Poor fish.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Sorry to hear about your disappointing stay, Shaun. While I appreciate you rooting for boutique hotels, I'm surprised to read that this one didn't meet your expectations.

I apologize for that leak—situations like this are rare and we did what we could to accommodate you, however I completely understand your frustration. The same goes with our shuttle service to downtown—I'm sorry that this wasn't available for you during your trip. This is something I'll look into for you.

Was there anything else that you feel like we could improve upon? We'd love for you to give this quirky hotel one more chance. I'm confident we can impress you moving forward!

Be well,
Hazlet, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was there recently for a convention and my stay was comfortable but this hotel is in desperate need of updating of walls and carpets. The drab brown color just makes it seem well, drab. The lobby furniture and dressers in the rooms have seen better days. The staff was great, very helpful and polite. As for the restaurant, I only ate breakfast because the dinner prices were very high (we went out). Saturday breakfast was good, portions were large, but the Sunday Brunch, not so great.food was cold, eggs tasted powdered, selection was ok. We did have lunch in the bar and some appetizers one night and they were good. Drinks were expensive in the bar.

Room Tip: i was in Suite 605 and it was clean, nice bed and no water or shower problems. I really didn't h...