“Great for families!”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #71 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Companion fish - check! Lava lamp - check! Rubber Duckie for your bath - check! Random parking-lot chicken roaming about (ok!?!) - check! Pillow menu for comfort (seriously, body pillow, neck pillow, extra firm, extra soft, everything in-between? It's available, just dial 0 and it will be there in a few minutes)- check! Spiritual Menu for religious books - check! Room service - check! What more could you ask for? Oh, how about a comfortable, clean room, large pool (3-9feet), speedy service, friendly staff, video games available in room ($6.95 per hour, too rich for my blood), free wifi (medium strength), best price I found in the Nashville area in August - we paid $119 plus tax, per night through Expedia. We were thrilled with this place, the location was convenient, and the extra , sometimes odd, touches were kitschy and charming. (To the unhappy previous poster, I believe a sense of humor is required to appreciate Hotel Preston's fun!)
Did I mention that 2 very different friends, who don't know each other, both suggested this place as a great stay over for my family?
A few notes on how it could be improved: I didn't love the $50 temporary hold on my credit card, but then I knew I wasn't going to order movies and video games and they did not, so I can understand why it was necessary. There was a mild wiring problem in our room, I reported it to the front desk. There is no cancelation refund. I didn't intend to (and I didn't) cancel, but I like the safety of being able to cancel in case of emergency.
In conclusion, while it is not perfect, I think I could happily spend lots of time in this great hotel, and hope to in the future!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gradresearcher
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thanks for sticking up for us! "Kitschy" is the perfect way to describe our boutique hotel. From our lava lamps to our all-you-can-order pillow service, you really captured what we're all about!

I'm so glad you made the most out of your experience and appreciate our quirky sense of humor. That being said, I'll definitely take note of your comments regarding your room's wiring issue and our cancellation policy. This feedback is greatly appreciated.

Next time you're back in Nashville, our door is always open!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel needs updating and is dark and dingy. The air conditioner does not work properly. It was hot in our room the entire time. The front desk customer service is poor. The agent we dealt with laid our card on the counter every time and seemed irritated when we asked for a room change.

The food was good at our family banquet and the servers their did an excellent job. We would not book this hotel. Only their because it was the reunion hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SistaSol59
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

I'm sorry you were less than impressed with us. Before anything else, we want our guests to be comfortable, so it's a shame you didn't feel taken care of. I apologize if our front desk came across as anything but professional—it certainly wasn't our intention to cause you frustration. I'll be sure to speak with my staff about this and will make sure the A/C is working properly. Did you end up being able to switch rooms? I hope that one was more comfortable.

I would love to continue this conversation and discuss how we can make sure you have a much better time in the future. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel is top knotch! HIGHLY recommend it! Staff, Rooms, Food - the entertainment in the Pink Slip! WOW! It was only a short drive from Downtown - They offer $18 each way cab rides which isn't too bad concerning the prices of the Downtown hotels. Well worth the drive to stay in some a beautiful place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo Ann C

Thank you for this top-notch review, Jo! From our relaxing lounge to our friendly service, I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests. Next time you're back in Nashville, we'd love to host you again!

Until then,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very clean and elegant without the fancy price. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and the shower was amazing. We will definitely continue to stay at the Preston when we visit Nashville.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shannon V
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Shannon. We always want our guests to have a great time, so I'm glad we could knock it out of the park for you! I'm glad you found our rooms to be so comfortable and thought our staff was friendly. Next time you're in Nashville, our door is always open!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Preston for a fun weekend in Nashville. Use to stay at the Holiday Inn until they completely disappoined me so I had to pick a new Nashville Destination. Wish I would have done it sooner. While it was no as convenient as staying downtown, it was worth the cab drive to and from the hotel not to worry about parking and to be able to stay in this hotel.

Room was huge and clean. Front desk was very polite, quick and efficient. Beds were amazing. Didn't get to get into the bar but will on the next visit. Enjoyed the eclectic decorations and was amuzed by the fur elevators..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ftm5259

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We're so glad you stayed with us for your fun weekend in Nashville! From our friendly staff to our funky decor, we want you to have a memorable experience. Please come back and see us soon!

Be well,

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We booked this hotel room through Hotel Preston's website for our stay in June 2013. I had read a lot of reviews of this hotel and several others. After I had booked the room, a lot of negative reviews were left so I was a little nervous.
I was very pleased once we arrived! We made it to our room quickly after our 14 hour drive from Canada. It was nice, comfortable and we were pleased with it. Went down to the bar for a drink, found it quite over priced for what we're used to paying while travelling in the US but it was still tasty. We had requested a fridge in our room but we didn't have one when I called to the front desk. They explained about the hotel being very busy and they had ran out however, once they learned I was travelling with a diabetic person who needed it for his insulin, they found one and had it in our room within an hour. It was beat up, but it worked so that's all that mattered.
The front desk staff were very helpful but the gold medal goes to the shuttle drivers! They knew so much about Nashville and even the happenings at CMA Fest that they were outstanding in helping us find our way.
On our last night, I woke up to water pouring through our bathroom ceiling! Called down to the front desk and they had us to a new room in 15 minutes at 2:00 am. They suspected the people above us overflowed their bathtub. Not the hotel's fault.
There is some wear and tare on the building but a lot of it seemed the result of sloppy patrons! Nothing can be perfect.
My only real complaint about this hotel is the area, not much is close by and I found the gas station by the driveway to be pretty shady. It's a good hotel for the price and I would consider staying there again during my next trip to Nashville.

• Stayed: June 2013
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to give us this detailed and thoughtful review. While there were a few minor bumps in the road, I'm glad you and your group had a wonderful stay with us!

We appreciate you giving our front desk and shuttle drivers a shout out—I'll be sure to pass this message along to them! I want to apologize for the miscommunication regarding your mini-fridge, but it sounds like our staff was able to fix the problem rather quickly. The same goes with your ceiling leaking—I appreciate you being so understanding. Sometimes, things are out of our control!

As far as our location goes, yes it is about a 10-15-minute cab ride to downtown, but it is just a stone's throw away from the airport. That being said, we'd love to fill you in on some restaurants/places to visit nearby. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Much appreciated,

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was described as a unique boutique hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel seemed to have joined the green movement, and certain aspects would make you think it was newer, but the dark decor was worn out, bed was old-we could feel the springs beneath the mattress cover. The price didn't match the level of comfort. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank familytraveler06

I'm sorry you were disappointed with us. Before anything else, we want our guests to feel comfortable, so it's a shame you didn't feel the price matched your level of comfort.

While I'm glad our staff was very friendly and accommodating, I apologize if your bed was less than ideal. Did you let our front desk know about your discomfort? We would have been happy to switch your rooms or add a cushion to your bed.

I would love to continue this conversation and discuss how we can make you even more comfortable in the future. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

Warm regards,