Hotel Preston
HotelIndigo.com
$332
TripAdvisor
2,522 results
All reviewslava lamppillow menupet fishbeta fishclose to the airportroom keyan older hotelwould stay againlive musicbeds were comfortableopry millsnashville airportloungerobeshuttleinterstateuber
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Annual trip with best friends started out at a Comfort Suites under remodel and a room with a view of the construction dumpster! Having stayed at Hotel Preston several times in the past, I called for reservations and we transferred there. Granted, the room wasn't a suite, but it was plenty spacious and comfortable. The biggest plus, in my opinion, was the staff. A young man, Jazz, greated us with a great smile and wonderful sense of humor. When the two early risers in our group arrived at the restaurant doors opened each morning at 6:30 AM, we were greated by the best waiter ever, Richard. In between seating us, taking our order, getting coffee-to-go for walk-ins, bringing our coffee/tea, he was delivering room service all over the hotel. The man never slowed down...and never lost his sense of humor! What a wonderful asset for the Preston! I have always enjoyed staying at the Preston and hope to have the opportunity to do so again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Hotel Preston is a beautiful older hotel which has been redone to a very high standard. I definitely would stay here again.

My only complaint was a dinner meal. It was late and rainy, so we decided to eat in. Our dining experience was wonderful EXCEPT that I ordered the special, which was supposed to be a blackened grouper. I did not recognize the fish, but it DEFINITELY was not grouper! Without prejudicing my family member, I asked him to try it (having stated that my meal was very good) and he promptly spit it out and said, "This is incredibly fishy and definitely not grouper!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed there last night, very disappointed. The walls were thin. The doors apparently can't close unless slammed. Our room was right across from the ice machine so, between that and the doors slamming, we didn't get any sleep. I told the front desk personnel all of this this morning and they laughed. Also know that the airport's runway is right across the road so be prepared for planes taking off at all times. The hotel just gives the impression it was a dump they tried half-heartedly to revive. The carpet in our room was disgusting. The bathroom is tiny and has no vent so it's always hot. We were so glald it was only for one night. We called for the snacks offered on the in-room brochure and the staff was nice until we asked for room service, then they got really hateful, responding with "yeah" rather than thank you, etc. Just know their website is very deceiving.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank amanda w
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for staying with us last week. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations and that you received poor customer service from some of our staff. We will address the items you mentioned to ensure that do not happen again. Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate your comments.

Monique
Facilities Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I expected more.

The good: The bed was great. Really big and very comfortable. The room was very spacious.

The bad: We checked in around midnight, but we couldn't get a late check-out time. The halls and elevator were hot & stuffy. The ice machine on our floor was broken & there was no vending other than a soda machine. All this is very irritating when you've gotten in on a late flight without dinner. The bathroom was also a bit small for the room size - you can't move around when the door is open.

The critique: Pretentious & over-priced. It's an average hotel with some gaudy packaging to make you think it's posh. It's not.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I spent a couple days in Nashville just to get away. Preston was not as fancy as the other two Stash Hotels we had stayed in but the service and comfort were comparable. The decor was cool with the modern touches of artwork, love the choice of pillows, price was good. Could use an update on the decor in the elevators and more Happy Hour choices in the bar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple