“Never going back!”
Review of Hotel Preston

Hotel Preston
Ranked #71 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I wasn't impressed when I walked into the hotel. It was very dark and depressing. The decor was strange, especially the elevators. They had red and black cowhide. Not only were they strange, but they both wreaked of cigarette smoke. Also, I woke up to cold showers two of the mornings that I was there. There were only like 13 channel choices. The wireless internet costs $10 a day so I would suggest going somewhere where it is free. The food downstairs was terrible and overpriced. I didn't feel safe. Our elevator opened up to people yelling and fighting and it scared my kids. People were smoking right outside the lobby. The rooms did not have a microwave or refrigerator. Even the Holiday Inn has a microwave and refrigerator! The rooms were clean(only good thing). They never left us enough towels for everyone. Needless to say, I was not pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay wtih us. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback.

Monique
Facilities Manager

There are newer reviews for Hotel Preston

Reviewed April 2, 2011

First off, the hotel over all was good. There were a few things that were frustrating as I spent a week at this property during a seminar held in the hotel convention facilities. Part of the overall disappointment is the there is nothing close to the hotel as far as restaurants or services. There is a gas station, mini-mart about 1/2 mile from the property. It is literally at the end of the runway at Nashville International. Aircraft noise was not a problem though. It is also situated close to the freeways as well which affords easy access. On my "business" trip my employer did not allow a rental vehicle which left us pretty much stranded at the hotel for most of the week. The restaurant and bar has limited hours which made getting food during the day difficult, especially at odd hours. On several occasions we had food catered into the hotel from a pizza delivery joint. The bar typically opened at 5PM daily and was really good. Wed-Sat there is live music and the bar staff was great. The conference facilities were good and the service and support was also good (snacks, refreshments) during class. The rooms were roomy and well furnished. I had a king room and found it the be very comfortable and fairly clean. The knock on the rooms is that there was no refrigerator and the cable TV channels were very limited. The March weather kept us inside most of the time so therefore I either hung out in the bar or caught up on my sleep after the conference hours. Wi-Fi access was $8.00/day which I thought was a bit much. A cab(ask the desk to call Leroy's van, he was awesome))/limo ride into town costs $19.00 one way! The restaurant was very good when we ate there. Lunches (buffet style set up for conference attendees in the restaurant) $16.00 and dinner ran us about $22.00 on the one night we dined there. Service and quality of food were both excellent. The hotel has a really nice business center and an ok exercise room, the pool looked nice but was closed due to time of year. Would like to have had a covered area with seating outside on the property somewhere so I could have enjoyed a cigar. I really liked this hotel but for the lack of a car to get around it felt like I was a prisoner without much to do when I was not in class. We also had a group of rowdy teenagers staying at the hotel which put everyone on edge for the week as well because of several fights and rowdy behavior on some of the floors. But all in all it was a fairly good stay and the staff did a good job.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Nashville for your conference. Thank you for your comments about your week. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as a guest again.

Monique
Facilities Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2011

My family & I were traveling to Texas, we got to Bowling Green, KY but couldn't find anything in my pricerange by either priceline or checking at the hotels/motels that were nearby. I used priceline to search for a hotel in Nashville and my price was accepted. The staff are very courteous, and the hotel room was clean but i have been in better furnished rooms at Super 8's. There is no free internet so if you have something you need to do either pay $10 a day or find a Starbucks. When I checked out I was told a receipt would be emailed to me. We left to eat breakfast and I checked my bank acct info on my phone and discovered a $50 charge had been placed on my card in addition to the priceline charge. So bottom line if you use priceline i would expect hidden charges. This was the first time I used priceline and will probably be the last. :(

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Thank you for choosing us on your recent visit to Nashville. The $50 is an authorization that gives you charging privileges in the hotel. It is released upon your checkout of the hotel. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

When I walked in, the hotel looked really nice but the decor was sort of random. My room appeared to be remodeled but a closer look showed many signs of the past such as popcorn ceilings. It just had a dark and depressing feel overall. As for as sleeping, it didn't happen. It was very windy outside and it sounded like a tornado in the room all night. There were so many drunk people above us and below us and we could hear everything including their Merle Haggard music. It was so loud all night. There were only 10 or so channels on the tv and the satellite kept going out.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on you recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as we would like. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

The pictures provided are completely accurate. The room was clean and comfortable. I expected to hear a lot of noise since it is located by the airport, but we slept like babies. It is conveniently located close to the interstate, so getting from point A to B was simple and quick. A very positive experience and I will definitely stay there next time I am in town!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing us on your recent stay in Nashville. Our convenient location is certainly a plus. We are happy to hear that you will come back again. See you soon!!

Reviewed March 8, 2011

Enjoyable 3 day stay for a fun trip to SEC Women's Basketball Tournament. Cafe Isabella has very tasty food.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are happy to hear that you had a great weekend. I will pass your compliments of Cafe Isabella to our Chef!

Thanks!

Reviewed March 4, 2011

We received a special price staying 3+ nights and it was definately worth the price. You have basic rooms (bathroom a tad small) that were clean and functional. The location of the hotel is great...not to far from downtown or the airport. The staff was friendly and the room service was prompt and curtious, too. Definitely will stay there again~

p.s. the only thing I was not happy about was that I had to pay for internet service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will come back again!

Thanks!