“Good hotel, considering the affordable price.”

Days Inn Nashville- Airport
Ranked #139 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband, 2 friends, and I all stayed at the Days Inn by the Nashville Airport over New Years. We were in Nashville to enjoy the nightlife, and did not spend a ton of extra time in the hotel. However, the rooms were quite spacious considering the price. We had a room with 2 double beds and were able to comfortably fit 4 people and our luggage in the room. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave, which we used to make dinner one night to save money. I have horrible allergies to almost anything (pets, smoke, dust, mold), and my allergies were never bothered. The breakfast was not bad at all (well...avoid the eggs). We did not get the cleaning services the second day of our stay, but I supposed it was because we were still sleeping. A taxi from this hotel to Downtown Broadway Street ran anywhere from $30-$40. My one complaint is that we did have a LOT of ants in our sink/bathroom area. The manager never did anything about this.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and looking for a clean place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Nashville- Airport

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Have you ever walked into someone's home and been smacked in the face with the smell of cat pee? Like it's so heavy in the air, you can almost feel it. And when you inhale, the sharp tang of ammonia hits the back of your mouth through your sinuses. That's what I experienced when I opened the door to my hotel room. Usually you can kind of get used to an odor, but no matter how long I sat in the cloudy haze of urine I couldn't get past the stench. I tried to find the source of the odor to no avail. I called the front desk to complain, so they moved me to a new room. We got our new room key, went up a couple floors to the "better" room, dropped our stuff on the beds and took several large gulps of fresh air. As we cleansed our lungs of cat pee, we realized the room was FREEZING COLD. So we turned the heat on only to realize no warm air was blowing through the system. By this time it was about 1:00 in the morning so we cut our losses and went to bed. After a fitful night of sleep, I was very dissatisifed with our stay.

We left poorly rested and out sixty bucks, but at least we got to see our concert which was the only bonus of staying at this nasty hotel. Then when I got home, I realized our suitcase was really stinky. I opened my suitcase and sniffed through my clothes and discovered our socks smelled like cat urine. I guess whatever strong odor was in our first room latched on to our socks and came home with us. Thanks, Days Inn.

For the record, I'm not usually snobby about hotels. As long as there's a bed, a shower, the climate control works, and it's clean, I'm happy. Room number one had some sort of mystery funk, and room number two had no climate control. This is not Days Inn quality. While Days Inn is not first class, at least it's generally middle-of-the-road and one should certainly expect better than this.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Difficult to get to after dark. Missed it 2 times coming back in from Nashville. Advertised as having refrigerator, not in room. Over all, good stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was probably the worst hotel stay that I have ever had. Both the service and the room itself was not worth it. I chose the hotel in the first place. The website said it had high-speed wireless internet, non-smoking rooms, an airport shuttle and a good location. None of these things ended up being true.

There was basically no internet reception in my room. If I wanted to use it, I had to sit next to the door and it would still take a minimum of 5 minutes to load even the simplest webpage. My room smelled like smoke even though the sign on the door read 'non-smoking.' The airport shuttle only runs until 11:00pm, so when my flight was delayed and came in at 11:15 I had to pay $20 to take a taxi to the hotel. This hotel is very close to the airport, but it is in a very shady part of town, on an extremely busy turnpike. If you want to go to eat, the only place nearby is a wafflehouse and you have to cross four lanes of traffic to get to it.

There are many other things that make this hotel completely undesirable. It is incredibly noisy. There are drunk people yelling outside your room at all hours of the night. None of the vending machines work. The beds are old, so they sag and hurt your back. The shower never gets hot and some of the furniture is broken (the chair in my room had a broken seat).

The service isn't any better. The people that run the place don't have a very good grasp on the English language and even if they did, they'd still be rude. I had to call four times the morning I left to get someone on the phone so that I could ask for a shuttle to the airport. When I checked out, the person didn't even ask me how my stay was. When I first got there, I asked to stay an extra night and it cost $20 more than the rate I paid for the first two nights. I never asked to change rooms or talk to someone about the problems because there was no point. I'm sure all the rooms were like that and no one working their would have cared, if they understood at all.

At least my room seemed fairly clean (other than the cigarette smell). The shuttle driver was really nice and enjoyable to talk to. These are the only positive things about the hotel.

I would NEVER stay at this location again. I'd really like to be compensated for the taxi ride that I had to take as well as the extra money for the third night, especially considering all the short comings that I had to put up with. No one should consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo