“Enjoyed our stay!”

Ranked #124 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
North Carolina
“Enjoyed our stay!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed at the Fiddler's Inn for 3 nights while we were visiting Nashville. Our room was clean and comfortable and our air conditioner worked fine. The location was perfect for the family sightseeing we did and for attending The Grand Ole Opry. The staff was always polite and courteous to us and answered any questions that we had. Yes, the property is older, but they make a genuine effort to make sure their guests are well taken care of. We had coffee in the morning, but generally dined out for breakfast and other meals. No complaints here, and we would definitely stay here again. Thanks Fiddler's Inn for a great visit!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

So I was a little nervous about staying here after reading the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised with my room. So when I checked in the staff was a little on the rude side because they were really busy. When I got to my room I was happy to see new mattress's (still had the plastic on them) and new carpet. The room itself was clean. Yes the TVs are old, but they work well and have lots of channels. The wifi is some of the best I have seen. I do wish they had fitted bed sheets because I don't like waking up on the mattress. The housekeeping staff I ran into were very nice and helpful. I requested a microwave and fridge on the first night and second day and at the end of my 6 day stay I still hadn't received it so oh well. The property is older, if you are looking for the Hilton then go pay for one, But overall I feel this property will get you a nice night sleep at a decent price. I didn't take part in breakfast so I can't comment on it, Sorry...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Aririved to a very warm room, AC was frozen over, mnx resolved in several hrs. Toilet not cleaned, sink had mouthwash residue, towels smelled, and floor was dirty. Sheets very very stained. WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at Fiddlers Inn on a recent trip to Nashville. We chose this hotel because of its location. It was very convenient to the Grand Ole Opry and that's about the only good thing I can say about it. It was in a word--dirty! The bed linens were stained and nasty looking. The pillows were also extremely stained and gross. The towels smelled awful and the complimentary breakfast was a joke! We had family members in another room and they had the same experience with the addition of a poorly working air conditioner. We also killed bugs in both rooms. All we require is a clean room and Fiddlers Inn didn't even come close! I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
4 Thank Regenbailey
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The first room I checked into air conditioning DID NOT work , the garbage was not totally emptied, there was a used cup and dirty towel near sink. Some one may have had this room before us and requested another room as I did due to fact that the air was not working. I requested and received another room . The next room was better. It was clean but very outdated. The TV was not updated, no flat screen, the furnishings were very old. The sheet on the bed was not fitted. There appeared to be a small mattress pad on the bed with simply a flat sheet laying on top of it, not tucked under mattress. The mattress was VERY UNCOMFORTABLE, as well as the two pillows, they had on the bed. Every time you moved on the bed you heard the springs of the mattress. You needed two pillows to stack on one another, which is unfortunate if you are sharing a bed, since the bed only comes with two small pillows. I did not get a good night's sleep. If your priority for a hotel is price and a location convenient to the Opry Mills mall and the Grand Olé Opry , this is the place for you. If overall comfort and quality is important to you ,spend more and go elsewhere. You'll enjoy your trip and hotel stay much better if you do. This hotel should be rated 1 to 1.5 stars not 2. There are other two star hotel chains that are heads above this one.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Prospirus1
Elkmont, Alabama
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during the holidays as to make for a cheaper alternative to the luxury hotels. It worked well for our family and have an awesome discount for being a military family. We will stay again for our quick weekend trips to Nashville!

• Stayed December 2013
Milwaukee
Reviewed May 27, 2014

For various reasons, taking my mother-in-law to see the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville was going to be a fairly expensive trip, so our lodging couldn’t be a splurge. Looking at places which were close to the Opry I ran across Fiddler’s Inn. I was thrilled to see they offered an internet special of only $67 a night and it looked to be a cool place. Then when I came on Trip Advisor to check them out, as so many others say here, I was concerned by some of the negative reviews. I’m so glad I ended up taking the chance on Fiddler’s Inn.

Right from check-in, everyone was courteous and helpful. Without me even having thought to ask when I made the reservations, they had put us on the first floor, I think because I had 2 seniors in my group (although they do have an elevator). The rooms were indeed a little worn around the edges (only a very little) but we saw that as part of the charm, not as reason for complaint. The rooms were clean and had all the amenities from cable tv to an ironing board and iron. The continental breakfast was varied and a woman staffed the room it was served in so nothing ran low at any time during the times breakfast was offered. In the morning, there’s coffee in the lobby and the breakfast room, as well as a small coffee maker in each room.

The only complaint I could possibly tender is that we got some mixed signals about the shuttle they run and if you’re going to use it, make sure you know all the details about when it runs and what the pickup point is if you’re taking it after the Opry is over. But if you don’t need the ride, you can actually see Opryland from the inn, which puts it within easy walking distance.

Also, when not caught up in the huge complex that is Opryland, do not miss the funky and fascinating things to be found in the little strip mall on the backside of Fiddler’s. It was one of my husband’s and my greatest joys to discover the Ernest Tubbs Record Shop and the theater featuring the Midnight Jamboree, where you can also attend Nashville Cowboy Church on Sunday morning for a true taste of old-school Nashville. It’s run by the reverend Harry Yates and his wife, Joanne Cash Yates. And yes, she’s Johnny’s sister.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MardiMilwaukee
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. We are an older property but strive to offer clean rooms at affordable rates. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.