“Rude and not accomidating at all....”

Fiddler's Inn North
Ranked #123 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I made reservations through their web site, a king room on the first floor. I didn't even stay. I got there at noon and was told very rudely I couldn't check in until 3 PM. That was fine but not being rude isn't fine. I wanted to make sure at that time to get the king room on the first floor with a microwave and fridge but the lady wouldn't talk to me. I went back at exactly 3 PM, others were being checked in at that time. When it was my turn the lady said she only had twin queens available, not first floor, no microwave, no fridge. She said I had to order the microwave and fridge, they were already taken. My wife finally chimed in and said we ordered the king on the first floor, so what happened to that. That is when the lady said I did that through a 3rd party so it wasn't guaranteed. I made the reservation through their web site. I was so upset I said I wasn't going to stay, the lady said you are already checked in, I said check me out. She then said you are already checked in and I said I am checking out, my wife and I left. Now I am a seasoned traveler, the people at the desk are always nice and try to get what you want but she was just out right rude. I got a room a few hotels away, much nicer I may say the the staff is very nice too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph C
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

I am very sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. While we strive to honor all reservation requests it is sometimes impossible. When we receive reservations through a third party vendor we do not have information available to contact you if these requests cannot be met. We have limited rooms available with microwaves and refrigerators and they are not in the inventory for third party vendors. That being said, there is absolutely no excuse for my staff being rude or uncaring. Please know that your comments have been heard and I have addressed the issues you have described with the front desk staff. Again please accept my sincere apology for failing to meet your needs.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The bathtub and shower wall was covered in hair. Called front desk and was treated terrible. 3 hours later and two trips to the office a cleaning lady shows up. She showed up and had to leave and come back because she didn't have enough stuff to clean it up. Nancy the manager is rude and the black girl at front desk as a terrible attitude. The room also smelted like cat piss. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jeep_Scrambler
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to make each guests stay a pleasurable one. I do not know who you spoke with but it was not me. I take all guests complaints seriously and strive to resolve them in a way fair and professional manner. We certainly should have offered to move you to a room that better met your needs. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that you experienced and know that your comments have been heard.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Should have known it wouldn't be good, when it was the only room available in Nashville. Check in staff obviously didn't want to be there either, grumpy and had a hard time just saying "good afternoon"

Opened the door to the room and the bed reminded me of an old swayback plow horse, tall on the ends and low in the middle.

Wife's first comment was "looks like the room above leaks", as evident looking at the ceiling.

Went out, saw a show, came back exhausted from traveling and the night life, tried to sleep and tossed and turned all night.

Got out of bed the next morning and shoulders and hips felt like I spent a night out on the trail.

Final straw, looked behind the night stand where I plugged in my cell phone charger last night, and was disgusted by the condom left behind from previous guest.

Had we seen it last night, we probably would have camped in the car and had a better nights rest.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JoeRedding_CA
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at Fiddler's Inn from 3am to 930am last Saturday. After being charged twice I called and talked to the general manager who, right from the start, was defensive and rude. She assured me that she checked the room herself and found "stuff" in there the next day, therefore I did not check out on time. I assured her this was impossible, because I was dropped off after my brother's wedding with nothing but the clothes on my back (and a sure promise of a hangover) at 3 in the morning. I was picked up at nine fully clothed. When I asked what she found in the room all she could tell me was "stuff." No list or any idea of what this "stuff" was. Either she was lying to me or she checked the wrong room. She was not willing to work with me so I had to file a dispute with my credit union. Beware!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonathan B

I am sorry but I never spoke with you. I did make an adjustment to your account for one nights lodging after receiving two printouts from the front desk staff . The housekeeping report does show that the room was occupied but as a good faith gesture, as I do not check rooms I made a full adjustment for one nights lodging. I am truly sorry for an inconvenience that this has caused. May I suggest that you always checkout with the front desk and get an itemized receipt for all charges. Again please accept my apology for inconvenience that you encountered.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is awful, it is run down and two of our friends got bed bugs. The bathroom was dirty, the bed was hard and the sheets would not fit the bed. I will never stay there again. Yuck! The metal stairs are rusting and they had a block of wood holding one side up....seriously?? The people at the front desk was semi friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank happy2day2

Please know that your comments have been heard. We strive to make each guests stay an enjoyable one. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and I will work to resolve the issues that you mentioned.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Frankly, we weren't expecting much. We had seen this hotel featured on the TV show "Hotel Impossible." The place was falling apart, losing money, etc.
Still, we thought it would be fun to stay there.....give us something to talk about. After all, we'd only be there a night and it was close to the Grand Ole Opry. How bad could it be?
Honestly, it wasn't bad at all. The property is old and it shows. Still, the room was clean. The only complaint I would have was that the water in the shower would be hot, then cold, then hot again. Controlling the temperature or getting a consistent was impossible.
Of the three different Tennessee hotels we visited during our trip, the Fiddler's Inn - as average as it was - was the best of the three.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie T
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This motel was disgusting! The bed sunk in like it was 20 years old. We had to get nrw keys for our room 3 times out of our 4 day trip and on the last morning before checkout we discovered baby cockroaches this is the worst motel to stay at. Decent area bad motel

1  Thank Kelley R