“Rude staff!”

Fiddler's Inn North
Ranked #124 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights while travelling. When I arrived I was excited to be there but the mood was brought down by the staff member at the desk. I recieved no "welcome to fiddlers inn" no eye contact, I only got "name?" barked at me. Then my room keys thrown over the counter not handed to me! I should add that I arrived at a 6pm at night so not a awkward time. On a good note the room i stayed in was clean, tidy and a good size, I also felt safe there. I know it was cheap and it might seem good value for money but I would never go back there because the staff. It sort of ruined my trip to Nashville because I felt like I couldnt ask the staff anything because they seemed so moody and in no way want to help you! Also I would highly Recommend staying in downtown Nashville not music valley drive (music valley is nice) but everything of interest is downtown and I had to get taxis and buses all the time! Overall I was shocked at how rude the staff were everytime I asked them something politely!

3  Thank MM040191
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

I am very disappointed to hear that your found our staff to be less than accommodating. We pride ourselves in the fact that we strive to show all our guest "true southern hospitality".We offer clean , comfortable rooms at about one third the price of downtown rooms. I have spoken with the front desk staff to assure that all our guest feel welcome. Again, I apologize for any dissatisfaction you may have encountered.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, the lobby area was old, the glass doors were all dirty and we could tell this hotel had not had any work done to it for a long time. After walking into our room we noticed a bad smell and discovered that the entire carpet below the air conditioner and about 6 feet into the room was wet. The carpets are old, the rooms are very dated and it was terrible. We changed rooms but the only improvement was that the carpet was not wet. In the new room the phone did not work, there was rust on all the hinges on the door, and many other inadequate items. We had booked a room on-line at this hotel because of it's close proximity to the Gaylord Grand Hotel and Resort. However we found that there are several other very nice hotels on that same road and would NEVER RECOMMEND this hotel to any traveler.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel so I have no tips to offer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tawnya V
Fiddlers1440, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your accommodations. We are an older property but we work hard to offer clean rooms at affordable prices. I have spoken with both housekeeping and maintenance to assure that the problems you encountered are resolved immediately. We take all guests comments seriously. Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Fiddler's is in a perfect location,close to The Grand Ole Opry and Opry Mills Mall and several wonderful places to eat.Our stay this weekend was very quiet and the staff was excellent.I will recommend this motel to anyone and would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pepperann41472

Thank You for taking time to comment on your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We've used Fiddler's Inn many times over the years. It got run down for a while but it's back on the right track now. The rooms are clean and have been updated to a certain degree i.e bathrooms and linens. The hallways could use some attention. We love the location. Across the street from Opryland Hotel 1 exit from Opry Mills and the Grand Ole Opry...10 Minutes from downtown. In the same parking lot as HQ for Gray Line (good tours and only way to travel to and from Opry)....two nightclubs and Cracker Barrel. Also near Shoneys and Bob Evans as well as McDonalds. It's usually our first choice. Hopefully they'll continue to upgrade even more

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ALBERTB318
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was fine for our one night stop in Nashville. The paint was peeling in the bathroom and the soap dish was duct taped to the tile wall. But other than that . . . we were safe, we slept, we ate a bit, and we got on the road. This was in an area where we could look around a bit. Wouldn't have wanted to stay more than a night.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Terribly loud with traffic, multiple kids in one room overhead, parties in parking lot, RUDE staff with absolutely no hospitality manners! Other guests were complaining at breakfast which was toast, oatmeal, and a few small muffins with see through coffee. We thought it was just us being whiny after a long trip. One staff (at breakfast) rolled her eyes at a guest when asking how to use the coffee machine. Everyone saw and gasped! Would NEVER stay here again! The pictures on their website are deceiving. They also argued, while checking in, over whether we could use the free night coupon. We stated it's in the reservation price already. They slammed our receipt to sign & key card on the counter as though it were a personal affront to their own pocketbooks. White linens, not so white. Mattress half off the bed frame. Husband had to push it back on. Shower had MOLD on ceiling from shower head spraying upward, then redripping down on our heads from FOAM tiles!! UGH!!! No microwave. WAAAAAAY overpriced!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you don't want to walk to the 3rd floor for watered down coffee & toast, hav...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I just stayed at The Fiddlers, mainly to be close to family members before they left town. I had just left a 6 hour catering job & needed someplace close to Opryland as they were staying there. I walked in, 1/2 off the lights worked. Ok, I needed sleep anyway, so crashed. I AWOKE AT 2:30 AM with banging trash collection trucks. Not 1, not 2, not even 3, YES 4. I then decided to get up to make coffee, only to discover 1/2 the lights don't work, but moreso, 1/2 the outlets did not either. Packed quick and went for a great brunch.

Last week stayed at Embassy Suites for 55 a night. Fiddlers 106. HHmmm, go figure. Next time I bring a tent to Nashville.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo