“A Returned Visit Didn't Disappoint”

Fiddler's Inn North
Ranked #124 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I had stayed at Fiddler' Inn several years ago with friends, that visit was good it was just what we needed then. I discovered then that I could have gotten a better rate had I called them personally and not gone thru a booking agency. This time I checked the web page and saw that there were discount coupons for online ordering but when I checked the price for calling and booking it was the same as the online discount. I checked all the hotels in this area and Fiddler's was the lowest price and for a weekend anniversary trip we didn't want to have to spend a lot of money on a room that we would only be in to change and sleep. We were going to the Grand Ole Opry and wanted to stay close by so that we could use the rear access road and not have to get off and on Briley Parkway. I had read some of the most recent reviews and saw there were a lot of complaints, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay there this trip. I decided that for the difference in the cost of their rooms compared to the others nearby I would give it another chance. I was happy I did! It is one of the few things in the area that has been there and not changed since this area became the hub of the Opryland events. It is not a brand new hotel, some of the furnishings might be a little worn or not as fancy as some who have be bought out or built up, but they were as comfortable and dependable as any I have stayed at. The room didn't have a fridge or microwave but we didn't need that this trip. Everything was clean and even if the carpet might have had lots of use I didn't mind walking barefoot. The only thing that I could find to complain about it I had to was that the bathtub hot and cold water knobs work in reverse to what is standard, which did take getting use to and if in a hurry to adjust the temp it could give you a bit of a shock of unexpected water blast of the wrong kind. Also the front door lock handles had to be pushed up instead of down as most go but there was a note on the lock or the key card telling us which way to push once I read it getting in went smoother. The breakfast was held on the 3rd floor of the main building and was a few pastries, toast, oatmeal, coffee and juice. The orange juice wasn't working but it might have just out when we got there. There were restaurants on both sides of the second and third buildings and there seemed to be lots of activity going on around the hotel as we checked in to our rooms but once the doors were closed we could only hear someone right outside our room calling to some in the parking lot. I believe that my husband saw a note that they had a shuttle available to go to the Grand Ole Opry and if so I might take it next time because with the Opry Mills Mall reopening, I think there were some entertainment businesses in it that shared the same parking and also some folks that I think were walking over to the Opryland Hotel and using the free parking there as well. We were going to the second Opry Show and so when we arrived looking for a parking spot for the Opry we ended up parking as we joked with the lady at check out, almost as far from the front door and had to walk what seemed to be the length that we would have walked from our own room. Inspite of that we had a great trip and one of the reasons was we were able to find an affordable room, that we felt safe and comfortable in close to all the things we planned to do. If we come back it will be the first place on my list to check for rooms.

Room Tip: We were gone from our room during the prime time party hours, we returned after midnight but I did n...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Katea9tails

Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is the only hotel that we stay in on our numerous trips to Nashville each year. They have a very pleasant staff and great rates.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darrell G
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I payed a total of $75 to stay the night. Pretty much the cheapest rate where I did not feel there was a good chance of getting robbed. The area seemed safe and I had no problems. Ya, the rooms could use a little updating but if it means that much to me I would have paid $150 a night to stay somewhere else. Stayed here so my wife and I could go to the Grand Ole Opry and it was VERY close, just a 5 min drive. Oh, and NO BED BUGS!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jake M
Reviewed January 5, 2012

sheets don;t smell fresh, don't expect a restful night here. Best western inn and suites next door is so much better and cleaner for the same price.switch to here just for the sake of the name,(son plays violin) but no sight of fiddle or fiddler or hint of it in the decoration..

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Shumei R
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I have been trying since 2009 to get a charge reversed from Fiddler's Inn. I had reservations and cancelled MONTHS ahead of time and even have my confirmation information on paper but Fiddler's will not respond to calls, emails or letters. Read other reviews about extra charges from this place also and think twice before you stay!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ausgrl
Reviewed November 5, 2011

$75/nite for 2 nites 3rd is free..ridiculous! Rooms smell/filthy switched rooms & still dirty! Dont book here horrible staff!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Aslat11
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This hotel has received a bad rap from someone looking to hurt our business and the hotel as well. We had a big Antique show there Oct 23rd through the 29th 2011. We use the hotel regularly for its unique venue and, thus fa,r have NEVER incountered any bugs. The staff is friendly and it is a bit outdated, but pleasant in every other way. We love it there and wouldnt think of going any where else for our shows. We had 46 dealers and so far not one complaint.AND NO BUGS, THANKYOU VERY MUCH!

Bderuiter