New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Yes it is old. Yes it is dated......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Midway Motel

Midway Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nashville
Midway Motel
You added Midway Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #92 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Athens, Georgia
“Yes it is old. Yes it is dated......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Yes it could use some cosmetic changes and the a/c and television need some serious up-dating. All that being said the rooms were as good or better than others at which I have paid twice as much; the towels were 100% cotton and good sized; and the place was pretty clean. I could justify not having breakfast & coffee or shampoo/toiletries and paying a quarter for ice when I realized I could purchase all of that w/ the money saved by staying at the Midway.
The ancient window unit a/c is a bit loud, we had to do a little maintenance on the door after arriving, and you can hear traffic on the inter-state but, again, I have experienced similar conditions at many, many other places.
The folks who run the place go out of their way to be accomodating and really seem to care--just not enough to go all out and completely up-date the property....of course that might be why it is so inexpensive.
Let me put it this way: If I was taking my wife out on a romantic trip to Nashville I would never consider staying there but for a place to simply over-night when visiting I have no issues w/ the place.

Room Tip: It is easy to get in but trying to get out can be an issue. Plan to go a side road to the traffic l...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tencatdaddy

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Attalla, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The Midway motel is perfect if you are in a budget. I was so worried about finding a clean, quiet, close to downtown, not in the ghetto place. I found it in Midway. It's outdated... But clean and efficient. My only negative is that it took a little while for the room to cool off. Also, that there weren't any outlets around the mirror... So I basically had to flat iron my hair w no mirror. BUT.....even with the negatives we will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Jeana W
Providence Forge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here during the CMA Fest in June. This place was not a bad place to stay at. I felt safe, the prices were reasonable, and the man (manager) was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again. Also the cab fare to down town Nashville is also very reasonable and I would recommend staying here if you don't mind staying in something that isn't upscale like a Hilton. To me it doesn't matter as long as it's clean and safe.

Room Tip: This place doesn't offer a swimming pool, they are all bottom floor rooms, but the room I had wo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LeeAnnMarie027
West Liberty, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had booked a room for the CMT Festival at another motel, but when I called to confirm my reservation I was told my name had not been entered into the computer. My room could not be guaranteed. So I started searching for a place to stay and settled on the Midway Motel. Probably the quietest motel we have ever stayed in and clean as it could be. It is not new and could use some updating but it was perfect for us.5 minutes from downtown ,right off the interstate and close to the Briley Parkway. The manager was very kind and friendly. The room was good sized with a king bed(comfortable),table and chairs, microwave and fridge .Everything you need in a motel room at a terrific price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank pepperann41472
Danderyd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I want to recommend the Midway Motel. nice clean rooms, AC, microwave,
fridge... nice manager and always friendly. Recommended strongly!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
7 Thank Hank R
Newport, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2005

You can't expect much for $40/night, but the Midway delivers. It is definitely a no-frills place to stay for the budget minded traveler. But, it's quiet and clean, and convenient to downtown locations. I would definitely stay there again - and expect to next time I am in Nashville.

• Stayed September 2005