“Comfortable and Secure Hotel”

Rodeway Inn Nashville
Ranked #127 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Thorsby
“Comfortable and Secure Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have just returned from a trip in Nashville where we have spent the last 6 years at the Rodeway inn when we come in for the CMA festival. I have never seen anything bad going on around this place like others have discribed. Yes , maybe there are some cigarette burns along the furniture and bathroom fixtures, but who is to blame for that, it is not the management. The customers should be more considerate, would you want people to treat your place the way you treat the hotel? As for the cleanliness, it is not the Gaylord, but you are not paying for the Gaylord either. The linens are clean and the rooms are cleaned daily for every customer. I have personally seen the management run off people that are not guest and should not be there, just so the guest are comfortable and secure. I am very picky when it comes to the safety of my grandchildren and I would not bring them to the Rodeway if it was not a clean and secure hotel. Rest assured, the manager will do all he can to make your stay a pleasant one and for the price the Rodeway is a comfortable and secure place for you and your family.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side or around the pool side are quieter than rooms closest to the enterance w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LorryannDunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bentonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I am a single girl who was traveling to town for a wedding. There was an event going on in Nashville that weekend and vacancy was hard to find. I booked this hotel before reading the other reviews online and afterwards got scared. I called and spoke to the manager about cancelling my reservation. He was very nice and refunded my money. I do not know if the other reviews are accurate or not, but I do believe the staff does their best to run a good business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Abby W
Killeen, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I am writing this review after having spent a month at this hotel (extended stay). If you need a place with a bed, shower, and TV, this is it. Don't expect anymore. Yes, this is a rough part of town, but I personally have had no problems here, and I drive a luxury vehicle. It is not crime ridden, as some might have stated. I have seen much worse than this area. It is by no means a tourist attraction. In the 5 weeks that I have been here, I have killed 3 roaches. The only ext stay room available was a smoking room; Febreeze took care of that. Towels look spotty from time to time. Breakfast is cereal, toast, coffee. Internet speed was OFF THE CHARTS, until about 3 weeks ago. CURRENTLY NO INTERNET, except in front office. I have a Sprint 4G phone, so I can use wi-fi tethering. I have stayed here because my line of work requires long stays on the road, and this was the cleanest place for under $200/week. Hotel staff does their job, but nothing extraordinary. -FOOD - there are 3 Nashville local spots: Jacks' BBQ and Fatmo's burger, both located across the street, and Prince's Hot Chicken Shack (cash only!), 10 min drive. All 3 are excellent - Jack's & Prince's were featured on Travel Channel. There is also a Waffle House across the street. Numerous fast food restaurants within 1-10 minute driving distances. It occasionally gets loud on the weekends, but nothing out of control. have not seen cops in hotel since I have been here. If you need an extended stay location or a place to crash after work/play, and you don't need amenities, this is a good location. If you are vacationing with family, and want some creature comforts, go to the Opry Mills area

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingIA
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

STAY AWAY!! I think this motel is a haven for drug dealing, cars in and out every few minutes throughout the night. Room didn't appear to have been cleaned in months. Dirty, stained towels. Cig burned blankets and sheets. Safety lock on door broken. Toilet had to be primed before flushing. Phone was disgustingly dirty, with no labels and didn't work. 1 channel on the TV, TV Controller did not work. Ice machine was broken. Totally the worst experience I've ever had staying in a motel. This place should be closed by the health department!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank partygirl2009

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

This was the worst night of my life. We stayed here as it was budget price and we were travelling. The area is not safe. The hotel was full of seedy characters and cars were coming and going every 10 minutes through the night, for their drugs no doubt. Men were shouting at each other directly outside our room about money! It was obvious the residents were friendly with the owner and i did not feel safe at all... please pay a bit extra and stay closer to nashville. I was really looking forward to sitting in a bar listening to live music but wanted tet back to the hotel before dark!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here for the uga/vandy game. It was smaller than we expected, but it was also quite cheap. It was located behind a liquor store, which I had not noticed. The location was probably the biggest downside. A police officer and a cab driver told us that we (as college students) should not being staying in this area, implying that it was unsafe

• Stayed October 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

It was smelly-Dirty-Nasty- in a Teriable location- I tore up My Choice Privalleges Membership! Cant Belive it isnt condemed!~David Boles

Room Tip: Stay someplace else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple