“Surprise in Nashville”

Alexis Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Opryland
Ranked #78 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My family and I traveled to Nashville for their fabulous 4th of July Celebration. This year, I was fortunate enough to find the Alexis Inn for our stay. We were there 3 nights and will definitely stay there again. Upon driving up to the hotel, it looks exactly like the photo on the website. The front desk staff was very friendly, even though we arrived late. Having a happy attendant at 10:30pm, after driving for 13 hours was a pleasant change of pace. We were given a room on the bottom floor, just a short walk from the main lobby. When we entered our room, we were surprised with a kitchenette room. I had reserved 2 queen beds. The room had a large sink area just inside the door, a dresser/cabinet that held the TV, a desk and chair, a reading/relaxing chair and ottoman, and a large kitchen area complete with microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, sink, cabinets and small table and chairs. Everything was clean and well maintained. The beds were quite firm, but plenty of pillows and bedding. They also offered free internet, and we had no problem connecting. We did not hear outside noises from hall or the parking lot, and even though this hotel is near the airport, we did not hear any overhead planes.

The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast which included eggs, biscuits, sausage, sausage gravy, english muffins, fresh waffles, muffins, cereal, juice and coffee. We saved dining money by eating at the hotel every morning. They also had a business center in case you needed to attend to something online.

We had a very nice experience and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Wolf-Wench

Reviewed July 2, 2008

We went to Nashville for just an overnight stay - I have a young toddler who was over-tired after our visit to the zoo. We showed up 2 hours before check-in time just to find out directions since we were on our way by and they offered to let us check in early! Things looked very nice - the elevator wasn't as updated as the rest of things but it still worked and was relatively quiet. We were on the fourth floor - they put us in a room with a kitchenette (which we didn't request so it was a big surprise!) and the manager at the front told me that was standard to try to put people in the nicer rooms if they had them available at no charge. The business center (two desktop computers) were easy to use and free of charge - a great thing for someone without a laptop like myself. The front desk person was very helpful in directing us to somewhere to eat & the nearest Target. We had no troubles out of the room other than the shower wasn't very forceful at all, but that wasn't bad. The breakfast was simple - biscuits, eggs, sausage, gravy, muffins, pound cake, plenty of bread, bagels and such, along with coffee, 2 kinds of juice, water and a make your own waffle station.

All in all - great experience. We were very impressed - for the price we had a hot breakfast and a comfy room - very very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Timamy2005
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We came to TN to visit family, however for convenience we scheduled a late flight in and had our family pick us up the next day.

We stayed for 1 night at the Alexis. It is a short ride from the airport and very clean. We arrived after midnight, dead tired. Got our room key and went to our room, only to find the room was already occupied.

I went back to the desk and woman at reception apologized profusely. Not a problem, things happen. And I got the feeling this does NOT happen often here. She upgraded us to a suite. (I wish I had her name, she was extremely nice and very professional). It was a very nice spacious room. Again, very clean. Coffee in the room, hairdryer, everything we needed and a comfortable bed.

A previous poster is right and there are only 2 restaurants in walking distance but for us, not a problem. the morning Breakfast was very nice. Lots of variety and hot eggs, sausage, waffles. My only complaint was no fruit but it was not a huge deal.

We had the morning to kill so Tina at the front desk recommended Grey Line tours. We are happy we took her suggestion. We got picked up and dropped off at the hotel. Very reasonable and we got to see a lot of Nashville in a short period of time. They have several different tours but we saw the recording studios, went to see and take pic at the Parthenon, got to tour Ryman, went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, and spent a bit of time on Honky Tonk row on Broadway.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and mos timportant helpful and professional. And it was very clean and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jamaicaluver
Reviewed May 3, 2008

Stayed at the Alexis on a recent business trip to Nashville. Would highly recommend for business travel, provided you have your own transportation ... not many dining options near this property outside of fast food, so that was the only drawback for me location wise. Is convenient to the airport, clean, very well maintained and the staff are helpful, courteous and efficient. Free WiFi that works exceptionally fast.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank LisaBee2
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Checked in Late, room was quiet and very clean.,
easy to get to , and friendly staff.
Great rate and nice hot breakfast. Fast fast wireless internet N/C.
I am coming back to Nashville and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2008

I stayed here one night during the week for a work trip. The young girl at the front desk was very nice when I called to let her know I would be checking in late and even nicer when I arrived. The lobby is clean but older and outdated - a theme that is fairly consistent throughout the hotel. Marble is cracked in places - the room has that strange 'sink on the outside of the bathroom' thing going on and the continental breakfast can only be described as food. HOWEVER, it was moderately quiet, in a fair location, clean and at a price you can't beat for that area. A few month before I had stayed at the Sheraton and paid almost double to be just as far from downtown and was much less pleased with my stay. I would suggest the Alexis if you want a romantic weekend or a fantastic breakfast, but if you're looking for a small clean room for a night or two, this would definitely do the trick.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2007

I'm glad I didn't listen to the negative reviews on this hotel. I stayed one night, December 10 and found it very satisfactory. The room was clean and spacious and very quiet. I would definitely stay here again. The price was unbelievably good. In the morning there was a very generous selection of items for breakfast. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Loie, Omaha, NE

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business