“Don`t Believe the bad review”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #62 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed May 15, 2007

I was a bit leary after reading the bad review about this hotel being dirty but this was a package booking through a popular tour business in Nashville and I trusted their experience and I`m glad of it. My wife and I stayed here for a week and had a wonderful experience. We had a large apartment sized suite with all the comforts of home and it was clean. The staff was friendly and the breakfast cook did a superb job. The pool and work out equipment was top-notch. The hotel is close to several stores and restaurants.
BE AWARE WALKING in this area because there are no sidewalks and the local drivers are not courteous to pedestrians.

• Stayed: May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed April 24, 2007

The entry hall was very dirtry as were the hallways in the hotel. The elevator was also very dirty. The furniture in the room appeared to be very old. It was dirty and worn. The bedspread was not clean and we did not even use it. We did complain to the staff but nothing was done and then we wrote a letter upon our return home and their response was that there were no complaints registered.

The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TexasMbg
Reviewed March 10, 2007

Spent 2 nights at this hotel on March and I was very happy with the room. Front desk service was polite and helpful with all questions. Room was clean and not old or out dated. The breakfast was more than most hotels offer. I did not like the food that well, but there was a good selection. The indoor pool was open and nice. I recommend this Comfort suites over the Comfort Inn and Suites that is just right down the street. This location is much newer and cleaner.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed February 26, 2007

I had booked a single night in one of the suites to accommodate a visit and shopping plans with my daughter on her 13th birthday. The overnight stay in this hotel began just fine. I was able to check in a bit early and even received a free upgrade. The room however, was not the quality I expected it would be. The first thing I noticed was that all the furniture was just worn out. The reclining chair was broke and the fabric on both the chair and couch were bare in places. There was a TV in each room but only one remote. (Keep in mind that this is an upgraded suite). The bathroom door would not close. It hit at the top of the door. There was a large mirror attached to the front of the door that went un-noticed as the door was open and the mirror obscured. (this info will be important later). My daughter brought some DVD’s but the room’s still only have a VCR. We decided to just go to the pool. The problem with the pool is it does not have bathrooms in or near the pool area. So you have go back to the room for bathroom purposes. We done just that but I wondered if all patrons inconvenienced themselves and did the same. After the pool, we went up to the room to get cleaned up. I went into the bathroom first. When I pushed on the door to open it, it was stuck. So I pushed a bit harder and the mirror that was on the other side of the door broke free from its holders (not surprisingly as the door is ¼ inch plywood and hollow) and the mirror struck my daughter in the back of the head. She was not seriously injured. (Just a scratch and a bump on the head). After I discovered that she was alright, I attempted to contact the front desk, via phone, and report the incident. No one answered. I went down to the front desk to report what had happened. There were two employees there. On my request, one accompanied me back to the room so I could show what had happened. He was very empathetic and removed the mirror. We went back to the desk and the other employee was on the phone with his boss informing her of the incident. She offered to take half off my bill. “So what”! I was insulted at that point and ready to finally go to another hotel. When the employee behind the desk got off the phone he told me he would comp the whole thing and was very helpful. My daughter did not need any medical attention and we went on with our visit without further problems.

Recommendation:
Do not hang heavy objects on ¼ inch plywood.
Ensure all moving parts (i.e. doors) work properly
Replace broken furniture
Upgrade vcr’s to dvd combos
In a suite, provide a remote for each TV.
For health purposes, provide bathrooms with close proximity to public pool/spa.

Or just change the title from Hotel to Motel and drop the price.

Eric
Nashville, TN.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank pal-12
Reviewed March 5, 2006

This hotel was great for our short stay. The price was a little higher than expected but with the excellent free breakfast - it was well worth it.

Great for travellers finishing up a vacation and want to be close to both Opryland and the Nashville Airport.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank Bryan V
Reviewed November 19, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of days in November.

Below are some of the positives about this hotel

1. Good location for Opryland Hotel and OpryMills
2. Great breakfast that includes, eggs, bacon, bagles, yogurt etc.
3. Nice pool which was warm and a hot jacuzzi.
4. Good price - $76.

Below are some of the negatives.

1. Beds not very comfortable.
2. Room decor needs updating.
3. Have to flip the reset switch on vanity for the bathroom light to work.
4. Pool electronic look was not working. Had to get the front desk to open from the inside.
5. Towels were not available in the pool without having to ask.
6. Dead flies in the light fixtures.

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank thebrit123
Reviewed July 7, 2005

I just spent 5 nights at this Quality Inn and really enjoyed it. The staff was wonderfully kind and helpful. They were quit friendly for the most part. The only exception was during breakfast. They have a complimentary breakfast buffet that came in VERY handy because it saved me money and time getting to start each day by just running downstairs to grab breakfast. One staff member was a little beligerent in questioning rather or not I was legitimately allowed the free cup of coffee I was carrying. He saw me walk from the front door as I stepped out while waiting for fresh coffee and must have thought I was trying to get somthing free. I assured him I was a guest, but had to answer a few extra questions, and NOT discreetly just to satisfy him. That was a little embarrassing, especially over something so small. But other than that incident with that gentleman, the staff was great.

The room was spacious and clean! My room was furnished with a queen bed, sitting area, and mini-kitchen with a good sized fridge, sink, microwave, storage space, and dining table. The housekeeping staff did a good job too, especially since I have a 3 year old and there seemed to be crumbs everyday!! When we returned each evening, the room was always clean.

The guest laundry came in very handy...and the "business center" which really only consists of a computer and a printer/fax I think was still very useful, not over busy and handy for checking quick email.

It's in a good location, close to a GREAT mall and many eateries.

Overall, I thought it was a very comfortable stay at a decent place. I'd definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2005