“Newly Remodeled Wonderful Hotel”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #63 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We travel frequently and always stay at the Comfort Suites Airport on Elm Hill Pike in Nashville. They have remodeled the Hotel and it is beautiful. The personnel are very helpful & Gwen the Manager always remembers us. The "Big" breakfast is a Big Plus & we leave our car at the hotel & they take us to the airport and pick us up after our trip. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank connieparke

Reviewed September 2, 2012

All of the staff members are great at pampering guests, getting to know regulars, and making sure one enjoys the stay. The room renovations are mostly done, and the lobby/breakfast area looks superb. The beds, the decor, and the spacious rooms are wonderful for both work and relaxation. The quality of both the breakfast and manager's reception reflect how much they appreciate their guests. Thank you, Gwen and staff!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Robert E
Reviewed August 20, 2012

As already stated, the hotel is being renovated. That said, I must admit that it was still a decent hotel. The rooms were big and the beds were comfortable. The food was excellent!!!! Comfort Suites is pretty good and the staff was wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mary F
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was quite a good hotel, but it is undergoing renovations at this time. Our room on the fourth floor had already been renovated and was beautiful. The room had a darker decor with lighting that made it shine. The room was spacious and well decorated with plenty of outlets for all our electronics. The bathroom was on the small side, but that didn't bother us at all. The fridge was a bit on the small side with no freezer. This was the sole negative with regard to the room.

The manager's reception had hot food as well as beverages and the hot breakfast was one of the better ones I've seen with plenty of choices and ample space in the breakfast area.

The first floor was rather torn up. I realize this was related to the renovations, but it was a detractor to the over all feel of the hotel.

I hope to see this Comfort Suites after the renovations are completed... that might even push it to a 5/5. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CTParks
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am not going to bore anyone with details
(like commenting on the tiniest of trivial things that I read on Tripadvisor from time to time)
mainly because I was impressed with this hotel.

Granted it is under-going massive renovations.....
but for a 20+ year old property what has been done thus far has been impressive.

My wife and I stayed in room 402 on the 27th of July
(In town for the Stryper show at the Wildhorse Saloon!)
and we were both very pleased about everything concerning it.

The breakfast was great and the pool is very nice also.

The thing that impressed me the MOST overall though?
The attitude of the staff :-)

Stanley at the desk reminds me of myself (I do the very same thing for a living)
The man knows his stuff :-)
The housekeepers and maintenance that we met?
They were as responsive and cordial as can be also :-)

I can tell (call it a gift) that overall attitude and pride in what you do ALWAYS starts at the top.
I only met her for just a moment but I can tell that the GM (Gwen) is doing a bang-up job. (especially with the renovations and such)

They all should be proud.
Once all the renovations are finished....
something tells me that that great things are in store for it :-)

It's a great location, a building that is "looking forward"....
but overall.... the staff will make the difference :-)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank wakeofmagellen
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My adult daughter and I spent six nights here during CMA Fest. We reserved a package through the Nashville Convention and Visitor's Bureau. I made some inquiry calls to the hotel prior to our arrival. I quickly learned to call early in the morning to get Jesus. He was always very helpful both on the phone and in person. After reading reports on this website about problems with remodeling, I called to ask a few questions. On that call, the woman that answered encouraged me numerous times to cancel my reservation. My reservation was paid in full, in advance, and I could not cancel even if I wanted to. I kept telling the woman on the front desk, "No, I don't wish to cancel, I just have some questions."

During my stay I found the fourth floor room we were assigned to be more than adequate. The remodeling effort was well appreciated. The room was tasteful, there were two large flat screen tv's, two desks were available for workspace, a large mini-frig, a microwave, lots of storage, and the beds were very comfortable. The housekeeping staff was great. We tended to sleep in and they were very understanding to make up our room later in the day.

Breakfast was plentiful and well stocked up to the end of service each day. The breakfast area was kept clean and they varied the hot items. We really appreciated the effort to make this breakfast possible.

The location was great. We easily went downtown or to the Opryland area without any traffic issues. The airport area was quiet and we never heard plane noise.

The internet connection was intermittent. Several times I called the front desk to advise the internet was not working. The woman at the front desk would say that the internet was fine as there were people online in their business center. She suggested I come down there to go online. I told her I would reboot my computer to try and get online. Still no service on my laptop. Call downstairs again. Same response. I finally insisted that they needed to reboot their system. The woman reluctantly finally agreed she would reboot. I got online immediately. The internet was hit-or-miss. If you have to be online for business, I would not recommend staying at this hotel. For pleasure, if you can deal with occasional internet connectivity, then it is great. I ended up using my smartphone most of the time to get online.

Overall we had a good stay, not great, but good. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms. They are working from the top down. Fourth floor is done, thir...