“Under Renovation”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #61 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Had a decent stay, but lobby was completely gutted and under heavy renovation. Key card machine out of order so staff had to let us in room. Nice people at desk. Room was seriously dated. Needs updating. Matresses were mushy and thin walls. Value not bad. Room was spacious. Good wifi. Breakfast was free and outstanding. Hot eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, and all the extras. Fitness room was small with only one treadmill. Jogging outside is possible but not safe on road. Overall satisfied, but renovation took away from experience. I understand it must happen though.

• Stayed: March 2012
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Airport

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I recently stayed here for a week and couldn't have had better hospitality. Big rooms, excellent service, good variety breakfast and appetizers on the evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends and coworkers.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This hotel was very clean, and the room was spacious. We spent 3 nights here in Feb. 2012. Despite it's proximity to the airport, we were not bothered by airplane noise at all, and I'm a very light sleeper.
There were plenty of pillows, towels, and toiletries. The hotel staff is friendly and efficient. The breakfast was very good, there were eggs and bacon or sausage each morning, along with biscuits and gravy, this was in addition to the usual complement of cold continental breakfast fare.
The location was very good, 10 minutes from downtown Nashville by car.
There is a heated indoor pool and whirlpool, although the pool enclosure is in serious need of weatherizing and updating and we found the ambient temperate to be downright chilly. The whirlpool was very good, nice and warm with ample room for several adults.
Our room had a tube TV, which is kind of dated for this day and age. I also had to deduct a star for the wifi- which was abominable. I tested the speed, which seemed to peak at around 756 Kbps- yes- that's KILObytes per second. The signal strength was around 50%, and although I could connect, I couldn't get graphics intensive pages like the NY Times or the Huffington Post to load at all. The wifi was useless except for basic email, and simple text based sites. Some of the other guests I spoke to couldn't connect at all.
This is a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced place to stay with decent amenities. Hopefully the things that need updating- like the wifi, will be improved upon in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrsfixit99
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This Comfort Suites is my favorite place to stay. my work brings me here alot and i can always count on the staff to be friendly and helpful and the facility to be clean and comfortable.Not only is the breakfast great but there is an evening meal thats also great. when you come in tired and hungry and dont feel like going out to eat , the staff has taken care of that at the airport comfort suites. i recommend this choice hotel anytime someone ask's me about a place to stay in nashville tn.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The staff were very helpful with dinner suggestions and places of interest. I like that it is smoke free and the room was very comfortable. The hot buffet in the morning was well worth the price of the room. Would stay at this location again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I am in sales and on the road each week I only stay at Choice Hotels. This is one of my favorite places to stay. The rooms are always clean and the staff is friendly and always ready to help. The pool area is clean and warm even if it is not outside. The breakfast and evening meal are outstanding I really like the fact they have several low fat offerings for breakfast. I use the treadmill at every hotel and the one here is outstanding. The weight machine is outstanding!! In my business we have also used the meeting room which is priced right and has plenty of room. Like I said I stay at several Choice hotels and this is my favorite. When in Nashville this is the place to stay I have even had other people I work with stay here and they all tell me how great their stay was.

Room Tip: I have stayed on most all the floors and there is not much of a difference at all. To me it is a ver...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Don H
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel is much older than the pictures lead on. It also smells like smoke, although it is smoke free. I know I left a scarf in the room, and I called less than a hour after we left. They told me that there is no way I left it and that their staff does not steal anything from the rooms. I left it on the bed, and I know it was there because it was not on my jacket. I wish now we would have turned around, but I never would have thought someone would have taken it. If you stay on the floor where breakfast is searved on, ask to be moved. We asked to be moved but since we got there right after nine, they could not move any rooms around. When I asked how full the hotel was they said 80%. If it was 80%, there should have been rooms. I normally would not mind, but we woke up really early, and I wanted a nice rest. The beds were okay. Less of a bed I have at home, but I think it could have been a little newer. I know this sounds picky, but I do not like sleeping on a lumpy bed. If you take out all of these problems, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the breakfast area are a must!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple