“Nice Campground, Annoying Noise”
Review of Nashville KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Nashville KOA
Abingdon, Virginia
“Nice Campground, Annoying Noise”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Nashville KOA during Wizard World Comic Con in our pop up camper. The sites were a good size, we had no problems with neighbors and check in. The bathrooms were amazingly clean, and they provided trash pick up each morning. The only problem with our trip is that each night we woke up to a loud beeping. It sounded like the back up beeping noise that large trucks make. It wasn't inside the campground and didn't appear to be coming from the interstate either. We aren't really sure where it was coming from, but it was annoying and made it hard for us "light sleepers" to get rest. It's not the campgrounds fault, but I think its the result of a rude neighbor nearby. I'm not sure what needs to be backed up that much in the middle of the night. I would have given this campground a 5 if not for that. Even if not their fault it affected our trip :(

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mi2Boys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
north
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived here on a Thursday afternoon and were swiftly booked in by a lovely young lady named Ali. The people behind the desk were very helpful and were able to answer all of our questions. I did visit the showers one morning but they weren't the cleanest and some of the shower heads looked like they were about to fall of the wall, so chose to shower in the R.V instead. We paid for the patio area as an added extra this was lovely to sit out on during the morning, would highly recommend booking this. They had a shuttle bus costing $10 round trip to take u into the centre of Nashville which was great, this run up until 2.30am on the Saturday and the drivers were especially lovely (Big Daddy inparticular) I would certainly recommend staying here loads to do clean pool too!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank propernortherners
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Have camped there before and it is really nice for that. Stayed in a cabin this time and was really disappointed. The coffee pot had not been cleaned. It had old coffee in it that was literally growing a lot of mold on top of it...nasty. Also, I was leaving before the office opened at 8:00 and there was no way to "check out". I dropped my key in the camping night drop box just hoping they would find it ok and understand that I was checking out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ranny S
Chicago
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a campground with a lot of things going on. Pool, basketball court, horse shoes, kids can even rent some cool kind of bikes to pedal around. There is a shuttle to downtown mentioned in some of the reviews, but no mention of its cost...I think its $10 round trip, which is a good deal, just thought I would mention that. Otherwise, the pull throughs are real tight. I had to leave by 6 am and thought I might have to wake up my neighbor to move his vehicle, but we did barely snake our 5th wheel around it. With those pull throughs, they are very close quarters and they aren't long enough to park your vehicle/trailer end to end. So you have to find a place to park your tow vehicle. Stayed here 5 nights. It is pricey for a campground, but I guess this goes with the territory, the location is great. Very close to Gaylord Opreyland and Grand Ole Oprey, probably a mile or two. Given you will spend a pretty penny to stay here, I would suggest upgrading to their best sites, which are quite larger and have nice patios....but these are less shady than the pull through section. Bordering this campground is a good catfish restaurant, we ate there it was good! Also, Camping World is next to the restaurant, so you have convenient shopping there for RV supplies, if needed. Overall, I felt the sites were too small for the price, but I give 4 stars because they seem have a well run establishment here, lots of personel moving around and monitoring things, cleaning up. I could be very critical here since I reserved the best/largest site and when I asked for one with more shade, I was re-assigned into a lesser category smaller standard pull through site without being advised of it, but everything worked out. Just watch what the front desk person is doing when you check in. They do have a very nice clubhouse with some drinks/food necessities for sale and they do offer some basic food for sale, such as burgers/pizza.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fusebuddy
Cartersville, Georgia, USA
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This park is located just over a mile from the Grand Ol' Opry, and Opryland Mall. There are also numerous restaurants within a mile as well. The KOA itself is clean, bathrooms were very nice and updated. Plenty of places to walk the dog, Nice pool area lots of spots with shade. We stayed here a few years back and they have added a new section, but we stayed in the older area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Even allowed me to see my designated spot and offered me a few others to choose from. I kept the original spot as it had a concrete picnic table area, which is a great place for my dog to sit and not be in the dirt. The space itself was level and the internet worked well and the basic TV reception was good as well. The park is well maintained and kept clean. The staff rides around often to pick up trash or help with any needs. My only complaint is that the spaces are fairly close together. Some of the RV's who look like permanent fixtures have larger spaces. Price wise I think they are on the higher end.
We paid $225 for 3 nights/3 adults+tax. This was considered a 'deluxe' pull through site.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rovingruz
Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had reserved space for one night at the Nashville KOA. With torrential rains and flooding in Nashville, we felt it would be safer to push on to another KOA further down the highway. Unfortunately reservation could not be transferred. Understandable. However, to be charged $62.00 fee for cancelling under these circumstances was completely unacceptable. Person with whom I spoke cited company policy as excuse. I know that not to be true. In the future, this is a KOA we will avoid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Rene B
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'll start by saying I would stay again. Clean campground all around. Sites are packed in close to each other though. There are shuttles available to attractions from here which is a plus. This was the most expensive KOA I have stayed at out of the half dozen I have been to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family