“Horrible experience”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road
Ranked #69 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Got there 7:30 pm no reservation and told only room available was executive suite best room at $199 a night. With aarp discount $179. I took it. Room was not cleaned sheets not changed. They had bodily fluids on them. I called for them to be changed and the girl brought 1 sheet and asked me if I was ok with JUST the bottom sheet being changed. She sat on the bed playing with her phone waiting for the other employee to bring a second sheet.. no pillow cases just a sheet no blanket. I was too tired to wait another 15 minutes so she leaves. In morning we go to take a shower and the mat had a large foot print on it. I went down to front desk and the man who was the house keeping manager said oh so sorry I can offer you 30% off your bill. Wow I was shocked and after a few more words gave 50% off. I left paying $101 for the worst room I've ever had with holiday Inn express. Would they be ok with this? I had 2 more hotels to stay in on our trip and did not use their respective company again

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle L
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Mishelle L,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your candid review of our property. Again, we do apologize about the experience you had with our hotel and ensure you that this will not be a reoccurence. Although, you mentioned that you will not return, we ask that you give us another oppurtunity to show you why we are a great hotel that guests love. We hope to see you again, have a great day.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Excellent hotel. Cares about their guest. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, New and up to-date furniture. Full breakfast buffet available. Staff has great appearance and is very professional. Quiet, no background noise.

Room Tip: Great location near interstate
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear DomoniqueT,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-west, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that our staff was able to deliver you a exceptional experience and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We thank you for making us a great hotel that our guests love, see you again soon. Have a great day.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel has everything you'd expect in a Holiday Inn Express. I should have written this review last June. I had eye surgery scheduled for early morning June 11 at Centennial Medical Center and then had to be back early a.m. on June 12 for follow up -- yet they couldn't admit me. Gotta love insurance running the medical show. But that's another story. June 10, 11, 12 -- Fanfair was in town. Country Music fans from all over the country and the world flock to Nashville that week. I called other hotels, other Holiday Inn Expresses within a couple of miles of this one. Rate was around $300 a night regardless of why I needed the room. This hotel is a very quick, short drive to Centennial -- it is a drive, not a walk -- and I think my medical rate was $89 for each of two nights, plus tax of course. But I still ended up with a room for 2 nights for only 2/3 of what one night would have cost me at any other decent hotel I could find in Nashville. If would recommend this hotel for anyone, and particularly if you are having to stay in Nashville for medical reasons. It's the only Holiday Inn Express I found that offered a medical rate.

And to those who might think about abusing this medical rate thing, please don't. Some of us need it. And they may require proof. With me the proof was pretty obvious as half my head was professionally bandaged. For those who need the service though, here is where to find it. And the staff and everyone was top notch as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Greenbuck97,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to meet your personal and financial needs. We are also glad that you have chosen to stay with us in the future. Thank you for making us a great hotel that our guests love, have a great day.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am a platinum member and tend to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels exclusively

Pros:
newer looking rooms
comfortable bed
good breakfast spread
friendly staff
fast internet
typical price compared other HI Express hotels
good tv channel selections
typical fitness center with basic cardio equipment

Cons:
Smaller than average TV size
TV didnt work the night I was there, but worked in the morning

I would stay at this hotel again when in the area

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Encore02,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that we were able to accomodate you through our facility and what we have to offer.We are also glad that we were able to resolve the issues that you experienced with your television. We look forward to seeing you again soon, have a great day.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stay at this hotel everytime we visit Nashville and up to today we've had great experiences. Staff is great and courteous, the gentleman who works the front desk evenings/nights is very pleasant to speak with and helpful. I also like the fact that there is security at night, I ran into their security staff a couple of times and was acknowledged and greeted. The hostess is very friendly and the rooms are as clean as can be. Overall this hotel is great. Kuddos to a great manager who has an excellent staff from houskeeping to front desk.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank d_crystal_
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear _d_crystal,
We would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that throughout your many experiences, we are able to deliver great service each time. We look forward to your continued business and to seeing you again soon. Thank you for making us a great hotel that guests love. See you again soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here because I had surgery at nearby Vanderbilt Medical Center. When I made the reservation, I was not told of any special rates for medical patients, but the front desk lady told me I could get a special rate. By that time, my credit card had already been charged and IHG points used. Anyway, if you are staying here because of a medical trip, be sure to mention that when you book the room. It is a typical hotel and really nothing special. We were able to walk to a nearby restaurant for dinner and missed out on breakfast due to my early surgery. When I tried to fix hot tea, there was no hot water or decaf tea bags in the coffee area. No one went out of their way to make us feel special. It seems like lots of construction workers stay here as there were several of them outside smoking each time we were in and out. All in all, it was a fairly nice place for our purpose.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Walkingteach,
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We thank you for your feedback and we are glad that we were able to accomodate you. We are also glad that you now know that on your next visit to us you can take advantage of the different discounts that we have and we ensure you that we will take all of your comments into consideration so that we may better serve our future guests. Have a great day and see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel and it was a great value for the money if you aren't planning on walking outside and seeing anything interesting. I read some reviews here before booking the room, and was concerned about the safety of the area, since several people said that it was a little shady. I disagree. It seemed perfectly safe to me. There just isn't much to look at. It's just a few miles from downtown, and less expensive than the downtown hotels.

The room was clean, fresh and comfortable and we slept great. We missed the breakfast because we decided to sleep in. Wifi worked perfectly.

Avoid the buffet at the Shoney's across the street.

Room Tip: We were in room 301. Perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that our staff was able to satisfy your accomodation needs and that we provided you with our best service. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville. Have a great day.