“Skip the breakfast!”

Ranked #72 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Ruston, Louisiana
“Skip the breakfast!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and the hotel was very clean and well kept. decor was very attractive. our room was excellent in every way except the door was a bit beat up. noticed that with all the doors going down the hall. looked forward to the breakfast but it was absolutely awful. the bananas were too ripe. the cinnamon rolls were not fresh and cold. the cereals were stale. the sausage, eggs were not tasty at all and the hard boiled eggs were not fresh. We went away hungry plus they were late getting the breakfast ready so we waited for nothing!!

• Stayed August 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
On behlaf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your candid review. We are thankful that you liked our decor and cleanliness and apologize about any issues you had with breakfast. We will take your comments into consideration in ways that we can better serve future guests. Have a great day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Prata di Pordenone, Italy
Reviewed August 29, 2013

my daughter moved from East Coast to West Coast and on our trip across country we also ended up here in Nashville where, of course, there is lots to see. The hotel is conveniently located just off the I - 40. I am an avid swimmer so always look for a pool when booking a hotel. This one was an outdoor pool of fairly good size, big enough to swim laps in. Staff was very accommodating and let me use it early in the morning..
Rooms are big enough with 2 comfy queen size beds. Nice feature: sink was detached from the rest of the bathroom. No noise in the room from the otherwise pretty busy road the hotel is located on. Slept very well!
We appreciated the washer and dryer on site as we had been on the road for a few days.
Breakfast pretty much is always the same but having said that it is the same reliably good breakfast.
Even coffee was strong enough for me. Living in Italy, one gets used to drinking strong coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for taking your time to express to us how we were able to accomodate you. We are glad that we met your exspectations and hope that you visit us again soon. Have a great day
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean and updated hotel with friendly staff, only drawback from what I see was the room's HVAC system, it seemed to be unable to remove the humidity from the room.
Easy on/off of I-40 and close to dining areas and many of the attractions

• Stayed August 2013
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay, and we ensure you that we will have that HVAC system inspected. We thank you for your business, please come back to visit us again soon.
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express Hotels and this is as good or better than many, BUT the rooms small. Couldn't even fit the luggage rack into the closet. However, that being said, we loved the location and the breakfast as usual. We visited Cheekwood Gardens and it was very close.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that despite the room size, you were able to still be accomodated by us. We thank you for being a continuous guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in Nashville for a bachelorette party. As soon as we stepped foot into this hotel Crissi made us feel at home. She was very charismatic and very friendly. We arrived early and instead of making a big deal out of checking us in early she was more than happy to accommodate us. After coming back from downtown we were greeted by Sedaricus who was smiling ear to ear and looked happy to be there! Honestly, the service we received by the staff will be what brings me back .The hotel was nice, location was decent, about 6 miles from downtown. The rooms were very clean and the pool was smaller but nice because it wasn't overly crowded. House keeping came really early but they were more than happy to come back later. This hotel is five stars in service and quality. I recommend it to everyone!

Also;

If you are in Nashville and need a cab call Max. Seriously, he helped make our trip. His rates are also the best in the area. 901.270.8844

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville- West, we would like to thank you for informing us that you enjoyed our great staff and our amentities. We are also glad that despite the pool size, you enjoyed your swim. Thank you for being a loyal member, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was in town with my 2 teenage daughters and upon arrival to the area we were approached at the nearby Walgreen's by a homeless man asking for money. Then when we arrived next door to our hotel there were several men loitering outside of the hotel staring at my teen girls as we arrived. Room was clean but the bathroom wreaked of urine. Front desk ladies were both nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank margaret r
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback. We are glad that despite the other circumstances, you were able to have fair stay at our property. We ensure you that we are working to resolve the issues mentioned. Have a great day and please visit us again soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am a business traveler and use HI Express almost exclusively because of their consistency. I can always count on getting a decent breakfast, clean room, comfortable bed and linens, and a fitness center with the good aerobic exercise equipment. And, from those vantages, this hotel did not disappoint. However, would it hurt ANYONE on staff to just acknowledge me with a friendly smile or greeting? Not one person in three days was friendly, except the lady working the breakfast on Wed morning, July 3rd. In fact, nobody acted liked they were glad I was there or cared whether I ever came back! The lady who checked me in, the young man who checked me out...none of them! The lady who I thought was working the breakfast on Tues did not even respond to my initiation of a greeting. Perhaps, she doesn't speak English, I thought to myself. Then, I go to tell the young man at the front desk that I'm checking out early and she's behind the front desk....so surely, she does speak English! Wow! I'm from TN originally and I thought we were always known for our hospitality and friendliness....not the staff of this HI Express!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West, we would like to thank you for your feedback. We also would like to apologize for any inconveniences during your stay at our property and we ensure you that we are always striving to provide the best guest satisfaction. You are a valued guest and we hope that your next experience is your best experience. Have a great day and thank you again for being a loyal guest.