“Our stay at Holiday Inn White Bridge Rd. Nashville Tn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road

Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road
Ranked #63 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Clinchco VA
“Our stay at Holiday Inn White Bridge Rd. Nashville Tn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel on Jan 8-11. Great place to stay. Excellent service with friendly people and atmosphere. My husband had a class at local college and it was close and convienient. The hotel had an exercise room which was nice when traveling a long way. Also the breakfast was delicious with no worries about looking for a place to eat. The room we stayed in was very clean. The amenities of the room was great with desk for laptop, small microwave and refrigerator in a cabinet. Also coffee pot and coffee and tea for room use. Ice bucket for getting ice down the hall. Plenty of clothing storage places. They had shampoo, soaps, and lotion for your convienience if you needed it. Nice large king bed with a nice flat screen tv. Well worth the price.

Room Tip: I had a class at the local college and it was close so it was very convienient.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
manager5612, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed all that we had to offer. We value your comment and hope that you plan to visit with us again in the future. We appreciate you and thank you for letting us show you why we are a great hotel that guests love. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express/Nashville-West.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Excellent location just off of I-40 for a quick stay while transit from state to state. The decor in the guest rooms is very striking. Always a very comfortable place. Really nice little (kinda hard to find Thai restaurant up the road away from 40. Very tasty and subtle massaman curry.

Room Tip: King room non-smoking on the first floor not far from the main lobby. Rooms are not large, but easil...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel didn't get off to a good start with us. When we booked the room, we asked for a roll away bed, since we have male and female children. We got there, nope, can't have one because it's a fire safety issue...oh, why wasn't that on the site to start with?...Because we needed to get ready for the symphony, we took the room and figured we would make do for one night. Get to the room, and it smells musty. I went to turn on the AC unit, and when I did...gasp! There were clumps of dust and old that spewed out! I shut it off, we got ready...in the nearly pitch dark bathroom...although remodeled somewhat, the lighting is terrible, and there was mildew around the shower/tub area....not up to my standards for an HI Express. With no time to whine, we dashed out to make dinner/symphony on time. Getting back late, we just decided to suck it up, get some rest and then we'd contact the hotel later about our experience. I placed a email to the hotel when we got home. He called my husband and expressed his concerns, said he would have maintenance fix the items, and yes they would return our Rewards Points as a loyal customer. This week, we noticed not only did they return the points, but the entire stay, and we had only asked for half back because we did stay and felt it was only proper to pay some although we weren't totally happy. So, I would try this one again, but ONLY if management assured me, that the room was up to the standards that I'm use to for this chain!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

A last minute travel deal a day before I was attending a conference in Opryland, I wanted to stay close to the downtown area to see the city. I checked in early - very accommodating and quick - My stay was brief however I did take advantage of the free continental breakfast and the offer of a forgotten toothbrush Thanks to the front desk - Room was what you would expect 2 queens and clean. The whole staff I encountered was very helpful even with my Boston Accent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

stayed one night here. room 339 reaked of mold. carpet was damp around ac unit..
Front Deck Attendent was very hepful with cab service. and late night pizza delivery.
breakfast selection was small in size..

Room Tip: short cab ride to legends corner..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chet T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Chet T,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your room.

I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you stayed at our hotel. We will follow up with the Executive Housekeeper. We are pleased that our staff was able to off set this displeasure with great service.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Midwest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here the night before I had surgery at Vanderbilt. (Note: While this is not the closet Holiday Inn to the medical center, it had the best rate and it is still a short and easy route.) It was adequately clean, but nothing fancy. However, it was not my impending procedure that kept me up all night...it was a phone call we received shortly after 11:00 PM. It was someone claiming to be the front desk manager. He said that due to a computer glitch, our information was lost from the computer and he needed it again. I said we would take care of it the morning, and he demanded he needed it now. I began to get suspicious then, especially since we are Priority Club members and they have all our information on file for quick, easy check-in. I said I would not give out the information, hung up, and went to the restroom. The phone rang again, and my husband picked up. Despite my warning, he gave the person on the line our home address and phone number. The caller then asked for our credit card number. By this time, I am yelling at my husband not to give it out, and he says that he will walk it to the front desk. The caller tries to dissuade him, saying there is a long line downstairs due to the situation, but not to worry we will be refunded $70 for our troubles. My husband finally becomes leery of this since we used hotel points, hangs up of the phone, and calls the front desk. The manager is nonchalant, says he's sorry this has happened before, and he will report it to the general manager in the morning. The point is...the front desk manager patched through the outside called TWICE. Without the caller giving our name, just a room number. My husband called the next two days trying to report the problem and was given excuses. We believe that the front desk that night may have been part of the scam. We were refunded our stay and were told the situation would be investigated. But PLEASE...be vigilant. Not just at this hotel, but at any hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank elmtravel2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear elmtravel2,

I appreciate your willingness to share your experience. I am pleased that your concerns were addressed the soonest time possible. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Additionally, your comments will remain on file within the corporate office. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare
tdaniel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We are platinum priority club members, so we stay exclusively at Holiday Inns. This one was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was the usual HI fare: mixture of cereal, fruits, yogurt, toast, muffins, biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, juice, coffee. Free parking and free internet are nice perks, too.
What the hotel doesn't have is charm or ambiance. It's very basic, and the outdoor pool sits in the parking lot overlooking a run down restaurant and a busy highway. The pool was clean, but really just a big concrete hole in a big concrete parking lot. With no traffic, the hotel is about 15 min. drive from downtown Nashville.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends