“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #65 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Wow!!! What can I say?? My experience at this hotel was beyond a PLEASURE!! I ususally like to go to a hotel and minimize my time there, however, at this hotel it was a TOTALLY different. Being at thiis hotel was like a home away from home. Allow me to set the scence. Picture this.. I walked into the hotel lobby and was welcomed by the staff as well as some of the guest. The lobby was VERY nice. The modern look really put me at ease with being away from home. Usually when i travel I think of the hotel staff as employees of a temporary place. However, the staff at the hotel made me feel like family. They actually talked to me and made me feel like I was a part of their family. I asked for directions as well as suggestions on food places and the front desk staff was VERY KNOWLEDGABLE about the area. The housekkeping staff was ver welcoming and kept my room SPOTLESS!! Overall, This was the BEST experience I have EVER had in a hotel. The hotels management has done an EXCELLENT job with teaching their staff GREAT customer service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Miss_Teacher_Lady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

love it from the check in to the check out room was great staff was great

Room Tip: frist floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank manager5612
Memphis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I selected this hotel because I've stayed at several different Holiday Inn Express and have always received very good service however this one was not so good. I reserved several rooms for a group that I was with for an engagement during the Memorial Day weekend. After returning home several of the people that I was with stated they had bed bug bites and called the hotel to let them know. The manager was very defensive and stated that they must have gotten them somewhere else. The check-in was fine however due to the lack of service from the manager I would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kimberly M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear k M,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
IHGCare
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night in Nashville in this hotel, the people was very nice, the location is good you can go walking to the downtown. But if you want to eat breakfast just hurry up! It's end so fast!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank MERLS
South Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunatley I was a victim of price gouging. The hotels get away with it by hiding behind the excuse of supply and demand. Well, they supplied me a room at a fair price until they demanded more money for the SAME ROOM, SAME CRAPPY SERVICE, AND SAME SMELL IN MY ROOM. This property has already been removed as an "approved" hotel with our company. Price gouging is wrong. Period. I must admit though. This is the very first property carrying the Holiday Inn Express name that I've ever come across that participates in price gouging.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank TheBigDaddy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Not only was the hotel located in a not so good area, when we checked in there were a swarm full of guest from the hotel outside smoking, so we were exposed Tk cigerattes. We checked in our room hoping things would be better, only to get
in the room and see Hair on the bed blankets, Iron was broken the rooms blankets had yellelow stains on them
Their was nothing to do the rooms were so congested

I won't be going there

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Amada7
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Amada7,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. Rest assured that the comments about hair and stains on the blankets as well as the broken iron have been documented and will be forwarded to the necessary departments.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

The girl at the front desk would flirt with my boyfriend and try to get him to take her to dinner!!! Not somewhere you want to stay with your spouse!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank lovinlife459
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville W-I40 / Whitebridge Road, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear lovinlife459,

Thank you for your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I'm sorry you received unacceptable service from our staff. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon the service we offer to all our guests. I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B