“The Hutton Is Awesome”

Ranked #15 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
tallahassee
“The Hutton Is Awesome”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I have stayed at the Hutton many times .. and the last time is always as great as the 1st... everyone is so friendly and they really go the extra mile to make your stay more comfortable.. and I must say the Housekeepers they have are the best ... One in paticular is my favorite... Vanessa you are awesome and I want to personally thank you for the great service and always with a smile.. My request will be for you as my Housekeeper when I return back to the Hutton.. and I am telling all my friends about it too.. We travel to Nashville alot and the Hutton will be our Hotel ...Thanks

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
NYC
Reviewed October 28, 2010

While Nashville itself does not elicit thoughts of urban chic, don't tell the Hutton Hotel. It is an oasis of dark woods, leather and materials more commonly found in Soho than one would expect in the country music capital. They have blended the two styles exceptionally well and the hotel does not at all feel out of place but obtains a cool understated vibe. While it may evoke thoughts of New York, the comparisons end there as the rooms are big, very comfortable, new and spotless. Everything about the hotel from the valet to the on floor coffee makers and daily lobby drinks has been thought through. We were greeted with a good glass of wine when we walked in and Checkin/Checkout was seamless. The staff is fantastic. It is easily the best hotel in Nashville, and one that New York hotels could take some lessons from.

New York
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I travel to Nashville regularly for business. Each time I've stayed at a different property. I found the Hutton the most pleasant of the hotels I've stayed at so far. It is designed in the style of modern boutique hotel. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The room was comfortable. They have a comfortable restaurant/bar and free wifi! What impressed me most was that they were happy to have their airport shuttle drop me at my business meeting. All and all a great stay. I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed October 20, 2010

9 out of 10... Amazing Accommodations, great customer service, unique lobby decor, great place to stay!
Only reason location was rated low is because it wasn't as close to downtown as we thought it be... but it's still walking distance.. just a little bit of a further walk than expected. HOWEVER, the hotel had a wonderful & FREE shuttle service (in a Lexus) to take you into town whenever you wanted. (On a 1st come/1st serve basis). Great bonus!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My first choice was the Renaissance because I've stayed at their other properties around the country and have always been pleased. But on this trip they were fully booked, and I had to choose somewhere else to stay. I've also stayed at Fairmont hotels quite a bit... no go on that one either. But, the reviews here on Trip Advisor were very good for The Hutton so I gave it a shot. Great choice!

Rooms are a bit on the small side, but beautifully designed with modern and luxurious materials and finishes. Sound insulation is outstanding and I was able to sleep deeply and comfortably each night. Everyone who mentioned the wonderful bathroom shower design at this hotel was right. It's like standing underneath a gentle waterfall. There was no bathtub in my room, but with a shower like that ... who needs one? There were also two sets of window coverings in my room, and the ones behind the main were near "blackout" fabric. So when I awoke the first morning expecting that the day was overcast, it was a lovely surprise to open those curtains to let in the light of a beautifully bright, sunny day.

There's not a lot to look at in the area, but the location is great for getting to where everything is happening musically (Downtown). It's a $5 taxi ride to the beginning of 10 blocks of live music bars and cafes. I've never seen anything like it. Every band sounds like they should be famous already, there's no charge to get in to see them, and drink prices are very low compared to LA. So do yourself a favor and take a cab. You'll probably need one. They're lined up and waiting at the Hutton's entrance, and you can walk out of any of the music places Downtown and practically fall into one to take you back. The hotel restaurant 1880 is well regarded. I didn't eat there, but I did see Kevin Costner hanging out at the bar one night. Cool guy! The fabulous and fun Country Music Hall of Fame is also a short drive away.

There was one problem with the door to my room having to be pulled shut, rather than closing completely on it's own, and the hotel bar stops serving at 1am while the bars Downtown serve until 3am. So don't plan on leaving the Honky Tonk early to have a nightcap back at the hotel.

If you do have a rental car (as I did to get to a wedding in Franklin, TN that weekend) know that other reviewers were correct about the parking situation. The hotel charges $20 a day to self-park a car, but there is a street right behind the hotel that amazingly has no parking restrictions posted. You can park there for free anytime, and it's just about 25 yards away from the hotel entrance.

I was concerned about safety issues since all of the other guests attending the wedding were staying at another hotel 30 minutes away. With the exception of the wedding I was on my own for the weekend. The area looks and feels safe and I felt comfortable. That was VERY important to me because since I work in radio I knew I'd be coming in awfully late after listening to a lot of live performances in the bars and cafes Downtown. Thankfully, there's no "scene" back at this hotel. It's quiet and refined without being stuffy.

Staying at the Hutton Hotel was a lovely experience, and I'd enthusiastically book them again for my next trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CheckInPlease
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The hotel is very centrally located approx 1mile from downtown,music row and Vandy. The staff is very friendly,energetic and professional,check in took only a few minutes at most.The room was very clean, bed super comfortable,great bath products and the bathroom is AMAZING!! Complimentary wine in the lobby in the evening was a surprise and nice while we waited for the complimentary car to take us to dinner. Our floor also had a self serve espresso bar located near the elevators and turn down service put a smile on our faces each night. Valet guys were very friendly but a tad too pushy when it came to helping you with your luggage...great service all around at The Hutton

Goodlettsville, TN
Reviewed October 15, 2010

The Hutton Hotel in Nashville is a beautiful, unique place to stay. Although the rooms are small, they are beautifully decorated. They have the most amazing bathrooms and showers that I have ever seen. I won't spoil the surprise by trying to describe it......you will have to see it for yourself! The staff is very accommodating and professional.