“Best Hotel in Nashville!”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed October 20, 2010

9 out of 10... Amazing Accommodations, great customer service, unique lobby decor, great place to stay!
Only reason location was rated low is because it wasn't as close to downtown as we thought it be... but it's still walking distance.. just a little bit of a further walk than expected. HOWEVER, the hotel had a wonderful & FREE shuttle service (in a Lexus) to take you into town whenever you wanted. (On a 1st come/1st serve basis). Great bonus!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,003)

Reviewed October 18, 2010

My first choice was the Renaissance because I've stayed at their other properties around the country and have always been pleased. But on this trip they were fully booked, and I had to choose somewhere else to stay. I've also stayed at Fairmont hotels quite a bit... no go on that one either. But, the reviews here on Trip Advisor were very good for The Hutton so I gave it a shot. Great choice!

Rooms are a bit on the small side, but beautifully designed with modern and luxurious materials and finishes. Sound insulation is outstanding and I was able to sleep deeply and comfortably each night. Everyone who mentioned the wonderful bathroom shower design at this hotel was right. It's like standing underneath a gentle waterfall. There was no bathtub in my room, but with a shower like that ... who needs one? There were also two sets of window coverings in my room, and the ones behind the main were near "blackout" fabric. So when I awoke the first morning expecting that the day was overcast, it was a lovely surprise to open those curtains to let in the light of a beautifully bright, sunny day.

There's not a lot to look at in the area, but the location is great for getting to where everything is happening musically (Downtown). It's a $5 taxi ride to the beginning of 10 blocks of live music bars and cafes. I've never seen anything like it. Every band sounds like they should be famous already, there's no charge to get in to see them, and drink prices are very low compared to LA. So do yourself a favor and take a cab. You'll probably need one. They're lined up and waiting at the Hutton's entrance, and you can walk out of any of the music places Downtown and practically fall into one to take you back. The hotel restaurant 1880 is well regarded. I didn't eat there, but I did see Kevin Costner hanging out at the bar one night. Cool guy! The fabulous and fun Country Music Hall of Fame is also a short drive away.

There was one problem with the door to my room having to be pulled shut, rather than closing completely on it's own, and the hotel bar stops serving at 1am while the bars Downtown serve until 3am. So don't plan on leaving the Honky Tonk early to have a nightcap back at the hotel.

If you do have a rental car (as I did to get to a wedding in Franklin, TN that weekend) know that other reviewers were correct about the parking situation. The hotel charges $20 a day to self-park a car, but there is a street right behind the hotel that amazingly has no parking restrictions posted. You can park there for free anytime, and it's just about 25 yards away from the hotel entrance.

I was concerned about safety issues since all of the other guests attending the wedding were staying at another hotel 30 minutes away. With the exception of the wedding I was on my own for the weekend. The area looks and feels safe and I felt comfortable. That was VERY important to me because since I work in radio I knew I'd be coming in awfully late after listening to a lot of live performances in the bars and cafes Downtown. Thankfully, there's no "scene" back at this hotel. It's quiet and refined without being stuffy.

Staying at the Hutton Hotel was a lovely experience, and I'd enthusiastically book them again for my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank CheckInPlease
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The hotel is very centrally located approx 1mile from downtown,music row and Vandy. The staff is very friendly,energetic and professional,check in took only a few minutes at most.The room was very clean, bed super comfortable,great bath products and the bathroom is AMAZING!! Complimentary wine in the lobby in the evening was a surprise and nice while we waited for the complimentary car to take us to dinner. Our floor also had a self serve espresso bar located near the elevators and turn down service put a smile on our faces each night. Valet guys were very friendly but a tad too pushy when it came to helping you with your luggage...great service all around at The Hutton

Reviewed October 15, 2010

The Hutton Hotel in Nashville is a beautiful, unique place to stay. Although the rooms are small, they are beautifully decorated. They have the most amazing bathrooms and showers that I have ever seen. I won't spoil the surprise by trying to describe it......you will have to see it for yourself! The staff is very accommodating and professional.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at Hutton Hotel for his 30th birthday celebration. We had drinks and brunch in the hotel restaurant. The hotel was beautiful and classy. I loved all of the small details. I did not want to leave the marble rainfall shower with the opaque glass wall. Our view was nice. I was not thrilled about the expensive parking fee, but this seems pretty standard.

The brunch was out of sight and if you stay you MUST have the french toast. We did the brunch included with our room and were so glad we did! Great weekend away!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I really enjoyed the Hutton. Very impressive property and well appointed. The walk in showers was great. Stephanie in reservations completely was the best representative I have ever spoken to about travel and totally sold me. I had expectations and they were all met. Thanks to the Hutton team.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed a night with my fiancée before flying back home to Germany. Very nice service and attentive, professional staff. We felt safe wandering the surrounding streets at midnight and were very impressed at the level of courtesy. I doubt I'll be returning to the Nashville area, but if so one day, this will be our first choice.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo