“college visit - perfect stop”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #17 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Minnesota
“college visit - perfect stop”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Stayed at the Hutton Hotel while in town with my daughter for a Vanderbilt college visit. The hotel is lovely. We loved our clean large room with extremely comfortable beds. Loved the bath products and shower. The hotel work out room and restaurant are terrific as is the staff. Took advice from staff on a restaurant to visit for dinner and had a wonderful meal as well as a ride in their complimentary Lexus to the restaurant. The location of the hotel was not what we had imagined as we were not walking distance to the college or to the night life. It was only a short drive, but a drive. Terrific hotel for business or travel with a vehicle.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My stayed at the Hutton Hotel was a good experience, until I got the bill. I was told when I checked in that there would be a $300 dollar hold on my card, since I was using a bankcard to cover my room. I was also told the $300 dollars would be refunded to me when I checked out. I checked out and got home only to find that my card had been charged for the price of my stay +$300 dollars! I called the hotel and I was told that they charge for the total amount and within 3 to 5 business days you will be refunded the $300. I was floored. This was not what I was told upon checking in. Just know that if you use a bank card or check card to hold your room or pay for incidentals you will have a deficit of $300 on your bank account for 3 to 5 business days.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Sonya1974
Mt. Vernon
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I meet a friend from Atlanta in Nashville as it was half way for both of us. The Hutton Hotel was in the perfect spot for walking downtown or to the fun places to eat and drink around Vanderbilt. The beds were heavenly, but the best...the rain shower! The friendliness was much appreciated as we just sat in the lobby and talked for awhile each evening. The cost made it an exceptional deal plus I like that it is environmentally friendly. Stay here; you won't be sorry.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
atlanta
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I stay and have stayed at a lot of gorgeous hotels. Up until this trip, I always stayed at The Hermitage in Nashville. However, with everyone tightening their belts, my travel budget refuses for me to pay the somewhat steep amount (and they aren't flexible on their price). Thus, I tried this place. WOW. Before staying there, I read a review in a travel magazine and they nailed it. A beautiful, but not stuffy hotel. The staff can match anything I have experienced at a Ritz. Everyone seems well trained and genuinely happy with their job. One thing I have to commend this hotel on is their green initiative. Every hotel touts it but usually it feels like the hotel is just trying to save a dime and increase profits. Not this place. They have dual flush toilets, awesome showers, and a nice relaxing room. Best of all, they require you to put your room key in a slot in order to turn on the lights. Europe has had this for some time and I never understood why US hotels didn't adopt it. Well, one finally did. I did not try out their gym since I was up late working and opted for a breakfast instead. The breakfast (food) was excellent and very affordable. The only complaint was a busboy (who thought he was much more hip than he really was) that insisted on hollering across the restaurant to a colleague. It was so bad, I almost said something.
The location of this hotel is very good, right by Vanderbilt in the West End. I personally like the Hermitage's location better since it is right across the street from a beautiful city library. Also, the Hermitage has one of my favorite dining rooms in the entire Southeast. The Chef's last name is Tyler and is up and coming regionally. Also, for a drink, go to the Hermitage. They make a fantastic Old Fashioned (which seems to be rarity for some reason). If you have a long night of working, there is a fabulous Wine/Spirits store that is 2 blocks from the Hutton. It is on Church and it is better than anything I have seen in Atlanta.
In closing, The Hutton is superb. Really superb. You won't be disappointed. ...and if you are, something tells me that the hotel will make it right (just like the ritz does).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank dhp
Cowan Heights
Reviewed April 25, 2010

This hotel was converted from an office building. The public areas and rooms are very well appointed. Most impressive is the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. It is well located on the West End of town near Vanderbilt. The restaurant, 1808 Grille has very good food and outstanding service. The bartenders had great local knowledge and directed us to a sports bar to watch the NCAA basketball finals.
Business Center has limited capability.

Typically stay at the Hermitage, but will be returning here on next trip.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We were there for our 18th wedding annv and had the Leading Suites package. We had a excellent suite on the 14th floor with a excellent view of Nashville. The room was perfect. This was a perfect stay. The only drawback were the front steps, the were at a 45 degree angle and I should have use the ramp since I have a disability. The 1808 grill was excellent. The reservations were right ontime and the service was great. The food was perfect.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed at The Hutton for 3 nights and had a great experience. Tha staff was very nice, the rooms were great. We booked through Virtuoso so we got a free room upgrade to King Suites and had a lovely welcome amenity of nuts, cheese, and dried fruits delivered to our doors shortly after arrival. The 1808 was a great jumping off point to lots of Nashville fun.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends