“A slice of heaven in Tennessee”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Ranked #15 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Ohio
“A slice of heaven in Tennessee”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at the Hutton in February for my sister's bachelorette party. 8 women ready to have a great time without sacrificing luxury. We weren't disappointed. Comfy rooms in a great boutique hotel. The beds were just right and the bathrooms.....oh my! Showers that you could stay in all day and Molten Brown products! There's nothing like a liitle European luxury to pamper yourself! The staff was kind helpful and always ready with a suggestion or opinion. The shuttle downtown was a money saver and the drivers were super friendly. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone heading to the Music City!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank LovetoWalk51
GTNashville, executive Office at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed the design and overall feel of the property. We have bachelorette groups stay with us every weekend and they always seem to enjoy themselves. The rainfall showerheads and the Molten Brown products help you pamper yourself! The first come first serve shuttle is a great amenity of the hotel especially for small groups.

Hopefully you will traveling back to Music City in the near future.

Hutton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Hutton Hotel is my first choice when staying in Nashville. I have stayed there 5 times and I keep coming back. The location is very good, close to Music Row in the heart of the action, yet you can go for a walk and are immersed in a residential area just a few blocks away with a local vibe/yoga studios etc.
The cheery staff from the front desk to the youthful valet team to the fun housekeeping crew are well trained and earnest and overall have a happy vibe.
Some perks about this hotel: in your room (if you are a caffiene junky) there is a coffee maker (with nice teas as well) and then on each floor there is a espresso maker, and then in the morning in the lobby there is a "pop up" coffee area which also sells fruit muffins, yogurt etc at .. get this-- affordable prices! Nice.
The room itself has a contemporary, modern yet warm feeling design- high quality pillows & sheets and a down comforter, an overhead "rain" type of shower and mmmm Molten Brown amenities.
There is a service bar in the room if you want to get your snack on which is a service that most hotels have done away with that I appreciate.
If you do not want to be disturbed you just flick a switch and a light outside keeps you from getting the annoying knock on the door rather than that door hanger which is so old school LOL!
In the evening there is a complimentary wine service in the lobby for an hour- lovely.
Within the hotel, the restaurant 1808 is outstanding and I dine there even when I am not staying there as it is a delightful chef driven place with creative cuisine and respectful philosophy to the ingredients and to diners choices; vegetarian etc.
I have not yet tried the Spa but I am sure going to try the next time I stay there.
Overall a big cheers to this Nashville hotel!

2 Thank Kimberly W
GTNashville, executive office at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton. We thank you for being such a loyal guest at the Hutton. We are glad you are thoroughly enjoying all of the amenities the hotel has to offer.

Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Music City in the near future.

Atlanta
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I was in Nashville for 2 nights for business in the middle of the week. The conference hotel was booked and the Hutton was only 2 blocks away. I read the reviews and was skeptical - but 2 nights removed all doubt. Some notes:

- Afternoon wine hour (5-6).....and the wine is pretty good! Creates a fun vibe in the lobby.
- Terrific staff. From check in to the staff I saw in the halls cleaning rooms, etc. - everyone was very pleasant
- Clean, modern rooms. I was upgraded to a suite and was very happy.
- Excellent wireless access (and no fee)
- Great location. Walking distance to Vanderbilt. Easy to find off the interstate.

Only complaint (and it is SMALL) - there was a weird hangup with the tv - the cable would freeze, but the sound was fine (almost like the picture was frozen). It corrected itself after about 10 seconds. Like I said - pretty minor.

Why did I only give it 4 stars? The air conditioner was right above the bed and kept going on / off all night. Slightly bothersome. But not a big deal.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Actually, I'd skip the conference hotel and stay here next year.

See also, my review on the 1808 Bar / Restaurant - an excellent stop.

Room Tip: The suite on the 6th floor was nice. There is a good deal of construction on all sides of the hotel...
3 Thank AtlantaGATrvlr
GTNashville, Executive Office at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for the review and glad that you enjoyed your time with us!. I always like the great energy I see from people as they gather in the lobby for wine hour or enjoy 1808 Grille before heading out on the town. I will pass the positive message along to our staff members! They greatly appreciate hearing from guests who enjoyed their stay. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered with the air conditioner. I will pass that message along to our engineering team. Thank you again for your review.

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Nashville.

Indianapolis
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Every staff member I encountered was friendly, helpful and timely. The hotel is stunning and the rooms are beautiful and very large. Very clean and the amenities are fantastic. Just blocks from Broadway :) I've never been more impressed with a hotel in my life. Was in town from Indianapolis for business and will definitely stay here every time I'm back in music city. Thanks for a perfect stay

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Danielle H
GTNashville, Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Couldn’t be happier to read you enjoyed your stay with at the Hutton. Thank you for sharing your experience! I will pass the positive message along to our staff members!
We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Nashville!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here last summer and were very impressed with this hotel. It has a cute lobby, free wine from 5 to 6 or 6 to 7? I can't remember, but I thought that was a great bonus. They also have a valet service that takes you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. My boyfriend and I only took 2 cabs the entire trip. One to the Grand Ole Opry and the other to East Nashville for a dinner reservation. The hotel is scented, but it wasn't powerful which was nice. Any requests that we had they catered to us, it was really special.

Room Tip: We got our room on a discount deal from Orbitz - I would always check deals when planning a trip to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurney13
GTNashville, Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. The shuttle is a great amenity of the hotel and we certainly glad to see that our guests are utilizing it. Also yes we do have complimentary wine hour Monday through Friday from 5:00pm to 6:00pm.. We look forward to having you back with up on your next visit!

Warm Regards,
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We spent a weekend in Nashville and stayed at the Hutton. Very cool hotel, great room, bathroom, very cool bar. Good location. I have nothing negative to say about this place. I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dfis
GTNashville, Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us in the near future!

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Everything about this hotel was very impressive - especially for place that isn't extraordinarily expensive. It reminded me of a Sofitel, which is a big complement in my book. Everyone on the staff was very friendly. The room was very nice with lots of great touches - real turndown service, robes and slippers, towels that are actually soft. Room service breakfast was delivered exactly on time. I wish I could have stayed longer. I highly recommend it for anyone traveling to Nashville.

1 Thank Memphis_piranha
GTNashville, Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
It sounds like you had a great experience at the hotel. Thank you for sharing that experience. We do provide comfortable robes and slippers in all our rooms. The slippers are actually yours to keep! I will certainly share your king comments with staff especially our in-room-dining staff.

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Nashville.