“Very nice hotel and really good restaurant!”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Very nice hotel and really good restaurant!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

In Nashville for a conference at another hotel but stayed at Hutton due to hearing about it. It was really nice, clean and modern. Not the kind of modern that gets taken to 'funky' modern, but a conservative classy modern that makes it comfortable. That makes it very appealing to me, the 52 year old business exec and it is appealing to the young travelers that want to stay somewhere cool. The restaurant was very good as well. Took a little while to get the food, but they were busy, understandable. Enjoyed it!
And it's always a treat to spot a celebrity when travelling, as Chef Guy Fieri quickly walked by me as he darted through the lobby on his way out for a run one morning! And lastly, had a chance to chat with the Manager Steven Andre. He seems to be a classy guy who undestands his business, and his customer. Doing a fine job sir! Keep it up!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Justthere
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed the modern design and overall feel of the property. Also it was a pleasure getting the chance to speak with you.

It sounds like you had a great experience in 1808 Grille and it is always an added plus when get a glimpse of a celebrity-especially Chef Guy Fieri!

Please let me know if I may be of assistance the next time you are visiting Music City!

Warmest regards,

Steven Andre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel during Christmas time. The hotel is very modern and the service that we got at check-in/check-out was very good. The beds are very comfortable and the bath amenities (full size Molton Brown) are the best we've had in all of our travels. The shower was great. The location is very convenient especially if you are going to Vanderbilt for a visit and just about 1 mile from downtown. The concierge, Laura, was really helpful for recommending great places to eat and hear live music. The complimentary shuttle within a 3-mile radius of the hotel is an incredible amenity. The only downside is that there is construction (starting at 6:00 am weekdays) on both sides of the hotel. The first morning, management did move us to a room on the other side of the hotel. Unfortunately the second morning we had the same noise on the other side.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RobiWa
Thank you for spending your holiday with us at the Hutton.

I am glad that you enjoyed many of the amenities and services of the property.
I love hearing Lara was able to make some great reccomentations during your stay. We are very fortunate to have her as part of our team.
New York
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We love to stay in the Hermitage in Nashville, but it was booked. We were pleased with the Hutton as a second choice: only 4 years old, so missing the old Nashville charm of the Hermitage, and a location less in the midst of everything. (Hutton reportedly has a free shuttle, but was never available.)

I have several check boxes for expensive hotels to get five stars:
- Free coffee in the morning. Not only was there a coffee machine in the room, there are Nespresso expresso machines near the elevator on each floor.
- Free in-room internet - Hutton has it. (after paying about $400 per night, it really annoys me to be charged for internet)
- Nice bathrobes - check (+ slippers)
- Comfortable bed - check I like the duvet covered in a washable cover - Check
- Good shampoo - I like that Hutton has big bottles with a dispenser rather than the ecologically unfriendly little throw away bottles)
- Friendly staff - check
- Accessible stairs. (Workout room looked nice if you'd rather that.)
5 stars, but still second to our beloved Hermitage.

Room Tip: Our heater rattled, and they moved us when they couldn't repair it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen K
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for the kind review and allowing us to be your second choice.The Hermitage is a special place and certainly has the old world charm that a newer property can never have.

I hope you enjoyed your New Years eve in Music City!

Warm regards,
Steven
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had stayed at the Hutton previously and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, our return visit did not live up to expectations. We booked well in advance since we had 2 kids, a boy and girl. We were told we had to book a king suite in order to get both a fold out bed and rollaway cot to accommodate both kids. We were assured this was OK, but when we got to the hotel, only the fold-out sofa bed was set up. When we called about this, we were initially told the rollaway was against fire code. We then pointed out to Hutton management that they had done the same thing for us during our prior stay, and they had pulled the desk out of the room in preparation for us. After a long delay, a rollaway arrived. The following morning, housekeeping rang our doorbell at 8 am on a Sunday. Unless you actively turn off your doorbell light, they wake you up. But, they did not tell us this. There are a lot of positives to this hotel. The facilities are new, including the beds, carpet and bath. The restaurant is excellent. The bellhop gave revise directions to our next stop. But the overall poor communications from the hotel make it unlikely that I will return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PaulMikado
I am very sorry about the poor communication that you received from our team. It is imperative that our team effectively communicate to our guests. I have spoken to our Front Desk Manager about this to ensure each of our Associates is communicating the correct information to our guest.

We value your business at the Hutton and I would like to offer you an incentive to give us another opportunity to earn your business back. I can be contacted at sandre@huttonhotel.com

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Several things were not up to standard here. We could not get cold water from the tap all night. Small room, too much stuff in there. Parking gate not working properly. Phone not working. Small bag of ice that was frozen solid, not much use at that point. We checked out two days early and that was a mess, said I paid with a on line co. When in fact I had not. Now I'm wondering if I can get credit for two nights that we were not there.

3 Thank Jody H
Dear Jody,

I would like to apologize for the issues you had while our guest. This is certainly not acceptable and we are taking the appropriate actions to ensure this does not occur in the future. I would like an opportunity to further discuss your stay.

sandre@huttonhotel.com
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel was very nice and had an amazing shower! However, a lot of details were overlooked and/or misrepresented. Our bathroom outlet had no cover, or IP phone did not work for some of the time we were there. The layout of our room was awkward with not much room to get around the bed. We went to get some ice and it was in little baggies that were all stuck together so we couldn't get it out of the freezer. Once we did, we couldn't get it into any glass since it took the form of a hard block in a sandwich bag. The staff was very kind and I had a great massage at the hotel. We ended up leaving 2 days early and checking in to another hotel. You can tell a lot of hard work was put into the hotel but some of the small things added up. Like the exit closest to the wall for the self park was not working and when we flagged down a valet he got us out but couldn't answer any questions about whether we did something wrong or even if we had in and out privileges (we did). When we came in later that evening they had not fixed the broken exit or posted it as not working because we ended up helping someone out who was in our same position. We did not find the hotel close to the things we wanted however they had a complimentary shuttle that ended at 10:30 pm.

2 Thank Christina D
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Christina,

I would like to apologize for the issues you had while our guest. I agree that the details are what makes the difference from a mediocre experience to a great experience. Please be assured we are addressing the issues you mentioned and ensuring we have the right processes in place so the details are right the first time. Not after our guests has to bring them to our attention.

Warm regards,
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife & I decided to have our anniversary dinner at Kayne Prime in Nashville. After dinner we thought we'd be spontaneous & stay at this hotel, since we've heard great things about it. Let me say, the hotel was very nice. Everything from the lobby to the rooms were excellent. We checked in around 9pm, and we both woke up to people talking very loudly in the hall. We both continued to wake up every 30 mins or so to people slamming doors and/or talking loudly in the hall. We could only assume they were all drunk. While this isn't the hotel's fault, I expected the walls to be more than paper thin with as nice of hotel as it is, and for the rate. We couldn't take it anymore around 3am, so we decided to just leave & go home. One might argue that we should have called the front desk to send someone up to monitor the hall, but in my experience, that doesn't do any good (that is, IF the hotel even sends someone). Anyway, we were over it and just wanted to be back in our own beds.

Here is where the bigger issue lied with me - When we checked out, I explained our issue to the person at the front desk and asked there be a partial credit or something, since we only stayed 6 hours. I wasn't trying to get a free room or anything, but it was just ridiculous for us to pay the full rate when we didn't stay a full night due to a bad experience. The front desk attendant wasn't apologetic one bit. He didn't say he was sorry we had a bad experience or anything. He said he'd have to ask his manager about the room credit. He walks to the back, behind his desk (I assume where the office is), and comes back and says that his manager will give us half off the room. This worked for me, but it really bothered me that even the manager didn't come out and apologize to us. The manager didn't even come out and speak to us at all. Even after fully checking out, the front desk attendant still didn't apologize for our bad experience. Professional hotel staff? What a joke.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
2 Thank Ryan P
I would like to apologize for the loud guests on the floor. We do have people on our team that do patrol the halls to limit any type of noise on the guest room floors. I have spoken to our Manager to ensure we are being extra dilligent about our rounds so our guests can enjoy a quiet nights sleep.

The response you received from our front desk is not acceptable. If there is an issue our entire team should be doing whatever it takes to ensure the situation is corrected. I have spoken to our Front Desk team to ensure we are properly responding to all guest concerns.

Regards,