“Nice hotel, but staff lacks professionalism. Be weary of paper thin walls!”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #20 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife & I decided to have our anniversary dinner at Kayne Prime in Nashville. After dinner we thought we'd be spontaneous & stay at this hotel, since we've heard great things about it. Let me say, the hotel was very nice. Everything from the lobby to the rooms were excellent. We checked in around 9pm, and we both woke up to people talking very loudly in the hall. We both continued to wake up every 30 mins or so to people slamming doors and/or talking loudly in the hall. We could only assume they were all drunk. While this isn't the hotel's fault, I expected the walls to be more than paper thin with as nice of hotel as it is, and for the rate. We couldn't take it anymore around 3am, so we decided to just leave & go home. One might argue that we should have called the front desk to send someone up to monitor the hall, but in my experience, that doesn't do any good (that is, IF the hotel even sends someone). Anyway, we were over it and just wanted to be back in our own beds.

Here is where the bigger issue lied with me - When we checked out, I explained our issue to the person at the front desk and asked there be a partial credit or something, since we only stayed 6 hours. I wasn't trying to get a free room or anything, but it was just ridiculous for us to pay the full rate when we didn't stay a full night due to a bad experience. The front desk attendant wasn't apologetic one bit. He didn't say he was sorry we had a bad experience or anything. He said he'd have to ask his manager about the room credit. He walks to the back, behind his desk (I assume where the office is), and comes back and says that his manager will give us half off the room. This worked for me, but it really bothered me that even the manager didn't come out and apologize to us. The manager didn't even come out and speak to us at all. Even after fully checking out, the front desk attendant still didn't apologize for our bad experience. Professional hotel staff? What a joke.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan P
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

I would like to apologize for the loud guests on the floor. We do have people on our team that do patrol the halls to limit any type of noise on the guest room floors. I have spoken to our Manager to ensure we are being extra dilligent about our rounds so our guests can enjoy a quiet nights sleep.

The response you received from our front desk is not acceptable. If there is an issue our entire team should be doing whatever it takes to ensure the situation is corrected. I have spoken to our Front Desk team to ensure we are properly responding to all guest concerns.

Regards,
Steven Andre

Write a ReviewReviews (2,007)

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for a long weekend in December and had an amazing stay! From valet to front desk to housekeeping the service is impeccable. It might be considered a bit of a splurge to some (rate was $215+valet parking) but its totally worth it. West End is nice area, they have a shuttle that will take you downtown. Rooms were great, it was a getaway for us and it was quiet, we heard no construction even though a bank and something else are going up on either side. It was rather cold when we were there and in the late afternoon they have hot cider available which was so good after being in the cold! We will definitely be back to Nashville and when we do we will always stay at the Hutton Hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dannysgirl13

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We do get several comments on the warm cider at this time of year and glad you were able to enjoy it.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The Hutton's website accurately describes the experience that our directors and key executives encountered during their recent stay and meeting, “…warm and welcoming service that gives a new meaning to the term 'Southern Hospitality'."

Curtis Hinton and his team were responsive and took care of our group every step of the way – even all of the last minute changes/requests. Their customer service really came into play when winter weather threatened Nashville and Curtis was able to secure an additional night’s stay for one director whose flight was cancelled.

They truly validate the term “Southern Hospitality” and it is this type of experience that makes us Nashville!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank QueenofitAll

The weather has been a little interesting in Nashville this year. I am glad that Curtis was able to take great care of you and your group. We are very fortunate to have him as part of our team.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very enjoyable weekend get-away with my lovey wife. The Hutton staff were very polite, friendly & professional. Contemporary décor tastefully styled and assists to create a relaxed but classy ambiance. We recommend it & will stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C W

Nashville is always a great weekend escape! Please let me know if I may be of assistance the next time you are visiting Music City.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stay in hotels frequently...... and I mean very nice hotels. I believe that many people are caught up in wanting to stay in a "chic, boutique, cool" hotel so they feel they should stay here after reading about how it is "different". Personally, I want a classy operation that has clean, good-sized rooms with a professional staff from top to bottom. The Hutton lacks in every area I just mentioned.

You have been warned. Enjoy Nashville.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bosox02

I am sorry that you were so disappointed in your stay. Our intention has never been to be too cool or chic. We want to provide a great hotel with great service. It is very disappointing when we have fallen so short of these goals as we did with your stay. I will hope you will allow us another opportunity to earn your business back. Please contact myself on your next trip to Music City so that I can personally see to your accommodations and ensure we do something about your stay. I am sure you will have a much better experience.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I travelled on my own and chose to use this Hotel. I heard mixed reviews on the hutton hotel but it had been renovated recently. The hotel is very modern and well set out when you arrive inside. The staff i found extremely friendly and always willing to help where needed. The room i had was a standard kingsize room, modern and very clean. The Molten Brown shower gel/shampoo etc which i thought was a plus. The room also comes with your own safety deposit box no surcharge.

The business centre is very handy. Esp for printing boarding passes etc.

At the time i was there, there was construction around the hotel, though i found no noise in the morning.

The hotel is 2 miles aprox from the downtown area, there is a shuttle service or a 5$ cab ride away. I found the walk alot easier and it was a straight walk to downtown.

You get free wifi in room and hotel. I found it was not working in my room but if i walked to the lobby it would work fine, that was my one flaw but a small one.

Overall i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hutton with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us but would like to apologize for the issues you had with our internet service. Connectivity is very important to our guests and we want to ensure this service is working correctly as well.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday and I have nothing but good things to say. The service was over the top. Being from the Washington DC area I am not sure if it was southern hospitality or just this hotel. But everyone always greeting you and was wiling to help. We ordered room service and the food was good. They had warm apple cider for free in the lobby the first day and you got turn down service each night with a chocolate and free bottles of water. The rooms were somewhat small compared to what I thought they would be but still a good size. They were kept clean, you get slippers and a robe and the maid service is good. We did not hear a thing as far as we knew there was no one else staying in the hotel so the walls are well insulated. There is a speaker in the bathroom for the TV and full size high end bath products in the shower, which is a nice rain head shower. The TV had some issues, it appears they have a satellite and it kept freezing up and going out, but no other complaints about the room. It would have been nice to have vending machines but no big deal. And having an onsite spa would have been good as well. They will set up spa services but no on site spa. The conceirge Krista was great she really helped us out. There is construction around the hotel on both sides so the view is not the best, being that we were there on a holiday weekend though I did not hear any noise as the sites seemed inactive. Also there is a car service that will take you three miles from the hotel, this is very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for spending your holiday with us at the Hutton. I wma glad that you enjoyed many of the amenities and services of the property and enjoyed them. We are working with our TV vendor to reduce the issues you had encountered. The consturction noise has certainly abated as they are completing the site work for their new facilities. We will all be glad when we our neighbors complete their projects.

Best regards,