“Pretty Near Perfect”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #18 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in April while we discovered Nashville. The location was central, easy to get wherever we wanted, you can walk to downtown and the Ryman. The valets always opened both car doors which is a nice touch. As the passenger I'm often left on my own. We arrived at cocktail hour and had a choice of complementary red or white wine. Both were delicious. The room is nicely decorated but a bit small. There isn't room for two to pass at the foot of the bed (not a big deal). I loved the bathroom, the vanity lighting is perfect for shaving and makeup - nice even flattering lighting. Appreciate the bulk shower products but the dispensers are a bit awkward, you can't get very much in a push. Mirrors in the right places and good lighting overall. There were very small drawers so not much room for what you can't hang up. We did request and got extra hangers. Nice that we both had tables at both sides of the bed. The afternoon sun can be very hot in the room so we made sure to close the blinds when we went out. It turned out that we had a broken AC unit, which was fixed very quickly when we alerted the front desk. Used the gym almost every day and had a great workout. Didn't try the restaurant which sound like we missed something pretty good. Maybe next time. I felt comfortable the whole time we were here and would come back. I did mention upon leaving that it was weird that a "green" hotel had bottled water that's flown in from Fiji in every room. It would be perfect if they had a pool.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We came here for our 36th Anniversary, just came from visiting Gaitlanburg where we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. I found this hotel to be not as clean, rooms not as large and just a bother with you having to place your key card in a slot to run your room lights. The restaurant closes at 10:30am for an hour to change the kitchen from breakfast to lunch, and of course we showed up at 10:30 in which we were OK to do lunch. No..sorry they don't do lunch only breakfast but if we wanted to wait they would try to get something out as soon as they changed over the kitchen. What is that about? We left unhappy. They were kind enough to gift us with strawberry for our anniversary, I appreciated that, and they were tasty, and the room service was good, although breakfast was just OK. A woman who sits at the front desk makes you feel as though your a bother in which I didn't appreciate, but the hotel room attendants were all happy and always smiled and accomodating. Their shuttle drivers were very nice and took you to the downtown area to visit the action, parking there is expensive and this is a great service they provide.

1  Thank DebbieInTx
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a really lovely hotel in Nashville. The staff are attentive and pleasant, and the rooms are very well appointed. The bell stand and valet staff are really fantastic and very helpful. My only complaint has to do with the kind of shower which consists of a single showerhead in the center of the shower pointing downward (rain shower). I'm not sure of the attraction of this particular kind of shower. It means that if you are having a shower, you are basically committed to washing your hair. For me, that is not a problem, since I always do wash my hair when taking a shower - but not so for my wife. There is no shower cap provided in the room. But, even when washing your hair, when lathering up, one has to contort one way or the other to get your head out of the spray, or stand in the corner like a naughty boy. For me, this is a real negative with any hotel that only has this kind of shower head. In spite of this, I would probably stay here again - but it is a trend I'm seeing in hotel rooms that I think is a step backwards in functionality.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I travelled to Nashville for a German American Chamber of Commerce event and the Hutton Hotel was the site of the event. The staff at the hotel ate extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. The tomato basil soup served at lunch was exceptional. There is a nice exercise room open 24/7 and my room had its own elliptical machine in it. I would definitely stay here again if I go to Nashville for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We always return to the Hutton and are always pleased! Service is exceptional and room service is flexible in addition to tasty. The West End location is convenient to the airport, Vanderbilt and downtown yet 20 minutes to Green Hills. Management is outstanding and transcends throughout the staff. Don't hesitate to ask the concierge for guidance. Valet is expensive but otherwise rooms are competitively priced.

Room Tip: Request a tub if you must though we love the showers. Our preference is a small suite. Rooms are NY...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Colleagues at a conference I was attending raved about the hotel, which also hosted the conference. While it isn't the nicest place I've ever stayed, it was very nice. The room service menu needed updating (items on it weren't available anymore), as did the furniture in the room (which was showing a lot of wear)...plus the TV had some issues (one channel had really poor reception and the TV turned itself off if swiveled on its stand), but the bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Valet parking was pretty pricey (at over $20 per day), but they took good care of the car and brought it around promptly. The front desk situation was a bit surprising (actually two desks side by side, not the typical counter set-up), but there was little wait when I arrived (though I wondered how well it would work with a crowd arriving all at once). The room service food was exceptional... very hot and very appealing... great flavors in the two fish dinners (one their "catch of the day" and the other a standard menu item) I ordered ... great vegetables too. The hallways could use some patrolling (either in person or electronically) to cut down on rowdy guests disturbing others). Bring your earplugs if you're sensitive to traffic noise/sirens, but it wasn't bad, in my view.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

First trip to Nashville. Don't know a thing about the city but everyone seemed to like this hotel online. They were right. Over the top friendliness and politeness. Courtesy and thoughtfulness all around. Arriving at 5 pm we were told our room wasn't ready but we were invited to comp drinks at the bar. 2 minutes later, the room was ready and we found ourselves in a spacious, well appointed room. Clean and in good repair. Bathroom was a showpiece. Slick glass sink/countertop. Shower was a treat, like a warm waterfall. Grabbed complimentary espresso from the hallway Nespresso machine.
Used their complimentary car service to get dinner / see some bands and return to the hotel. Again used it for an appointment the next morning.

Very convenient to all things Vanderbilt.

Room Tip: Can be noisy in a city so go up high
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family