“Great-smelling hotel!”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I just stayed at the Hutton for a conference, and I loved everything about this hotel. The lobby, rooms, and hallways smell wonderful. My room was spotless, with a clean, fresh bed. The bathroom was exquisitely decorated and thoughtfully stocked with high-end bath products. The hotel provides robes and slippers for guests, along with mini bar snacks and a coffee maker with a nice selection of organic teas. The restaurant and evening wine reception were also delightful, and all of the staff members were cheerful and helpful. The hotel is located near good restaurants and Vanderbilt University--a nice area for walking around.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any bad rooms in the hotel. All of my colleagues had great accomodations.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at the Hutton twice over the last month and it is, quite simply, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. What sets this hotel apart from others is the staff. They are polite, kind, and helpful... almost to a fault. It's incredible the way every person there-- from the bellhops, to the check-in staff, to the maid service, to the maintenance team-- EVERYONE, treats their guests. Southern Hospitality at its absolute finest.

The rest of the hotel follows suit: A great bar & restaurant, a nice little cafe, clean and comfortable rooms, and an awesome location in midtown-- near plenty of bars & restaurants. Added bonus: the awesome (and unique) little espresso machine on each floor. I can't imagine staying at another hotel in Nashville.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just stayed here this past weekend with two girlfriends and we had such a nice stay at The Hutton Hotel! Hotel is very elegant & contemporary with great signature pieces throughout the lobby and the most amazing "fall" smelling candles! We ordered breakfast room service three times and it came up to the room promptly each time, right temperature food/coffee and absolutely delicious! The room, master bed and pull out couch were all very comfortable, glass sink in the bathroom, stone standing shower with rainforest shower head, Molton Brown amenities and bose speakers in the bathroom that link up to the television. The staff at the hotel are fantastic, very helpful, always have a warm smile, really listen to what the guests needs and patient. Lauren from the concierge desk was delightful in helping me with some nearby shopping needs, Jacob and Logan at the valet were great as well! Overall great stay. Hotel is close to down town- about a 5 minute taxi ride (under $10 with tip) or you can use the complimentary hotel car service when available (first come first serve). Great stay and looking forward to coming back to Nashville & The Hutton Hotel!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stay in hotels on a continuous basis. I stay in 3 star to 5 star hotels, so I have a wide range of experience. The Hutton is above the best of the best. Everything about my stay was fantastic. Let's start with check-in. You are welcomed individually at a desk with one rep, not at a long desk of never enough staff to handle the people standing and waiting to get checked in or checked out. Therefore, the check in went very smoothly and quickly. On to the room - The Best! It is super clean. From the carpet to the bed to the drapes to the bathroom, spotless. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. Overall decor was also great. The shower will always be remembered, it is so unique.

We ate lunch in the restaurant shortly after we checked in. The crabcake sandwich was as good or better than I have ever had. And the fries were the best I have ever had in a restaurant. I ate several more meals there, and they were all very good. Room Service was prompt. On both occasions, they told me it would be 25 to 30 minutes, and they were there in 15 minutes.

All of the staff that I dealt with in any way were wonderful.

I can't say enough. If you have visited Nashville and didn't stay at the Hutton, your trip wasn't complete!!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

First time in Nashville and had an amazing stay at The Hutton. The staff is wonderful; everyone goes out of their way to deliver excellent customer service. The hotel lobby and rooms are beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great nights sleep. The courtesy shuttle (first come, first serve within 3 miles of the hotel) was extremely helpful and we took this many times. Being from NYC, this hotel was an easy walk to Downtown, Vandy campus, Centennial Park. Laura the concierge was extremely knowledgeable. We had no idea where to begin our sightseeing when we arrived and she set us up with a fabulous agenda. I would be thrilled to stay here again!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels. My friends actually make fun of me for how much of a germ freak I can be when it comes to staying places. The Hutton exceeded all my expectations. It was very clean and the service made me feel right at home. The room was spotless, trendy and comfortable. The food was to die for as well! My friends and I were concerned that we were "too far" from downtown, but in reality it was the perfect distance, only a mile or two up the road, and a complimentary car or cab service that was non stop. This will be the only hotel I still at from here on out in Nashville!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was very excited about my stay in Nashville as my husband and I were finally enjoying a night alone (no kids) and uninterrupted sleep. I had also sent a group a year ago (Meeting planner by trade) and was sick to think I did that after my experience. At 3AM, a worker decided it was time to flirt with some girls on our floor, they were so loud I was awoken out of my much needed night of pure bliss. When I called to discuss this with the manager on duty he answered with very low beat almost annoyed voice. Having known that I was a planner who had brought a group and had a horrible experience you think he would have provided some compensation...nope and I am not the type to ask for it. Having traveled a ton I also felt that the hotel did not live up to the high end marketing it provided potential guests. The room was very small and the bathroom sink almost drove us crazy with the nozzle so close to the back of the facet it is almost impossible to wash your hands. The highlight was the amazing young man at the valet, so personable and very helpful. What a disappointing anniversary weekend with regards to the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bakergirl79
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I would like to apologize for the issue you had while our guest. Members of our team do make constant sweeps of the guest room floors to ensure the noise is kept to a minimum. Please be assured when you brought this up during your stay we reviewed our procedures so this does not occur in the future.
After the "employee" incident was brought to our attention we immediately did an investigation and were able to determine this person was not a Hutton team member. I believe someone was just telling you they were so they could continue their conversation.
I am certain we have a room you would enjoy and please do contact myself to discuss compensation. We pride ourselves in having a great facility with a fantastic team and if this is not what you experienced we would like the opportunity to make it right for you.

Regards,