“This Hotel is Beyond Excellent!”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #17 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stay in hotels on a continuous basis. I stay in 3 star to 5 star hotels, so I have a wide range of experience. The Hutton is above the best of the best. Everything about my stay was fantastic. Let's start with check-in. You are welcomed individually at a desk with one rep, not at a long desk of never enough staff to handle the people standing and waiting to get checked in or checked out. Therefore, the check in went very smoothly and quickly. On to the room - The Best! It is super clean. From the carpet to the bed to the drapes to the bathroom, spotless. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. Overall decor was also great. The shower will always be remembered, it is so unique.

We ate lunch in the restaurant shortly after we checked in. The crabcake sandwich was as good or better than I have ever had. And the fries were the best I have ever had in a restaurant. I ate several more meals there, and they were all very good. Room Service was prompt. On both occasions, they told me it would be 25 to 30 minutes, and they were there in 15 minutes.

All of the staff that I dealt with in any way were wonderful.

I can't say enough. If you have visited Nashville and didn't stay at the Hutton, your trip wasn't complete!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 25, 2012

First time in Nashville and had an amazing stay at The Hutton. The staff is wonderful; everyone goes out of their way to deliver excellent customer service. The hotel lobby and rooms are beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great nights sleep. The courtesy shuttle (first come, first serve within 3 miles of the hotel) was extremely helpful and we took this many times. Being from NYC, this hotel was an easy walk to Downtown, Vandy campus, Centennial Park. Laura the concierge was extremely knowledgeable. We had no idea where to begin our sightseeing when we arrived and she set us up with a fabulous agenda. I would be thrilled to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels. My friends actually make fun of me for how much of a germ freak I can be when it comes to staying places. The Hutton exceeded all my expectations. It was very clean and the service made me feel right at home. The room was spotless, trendy and comfortable. The food was to die for as well! My friends and I were concerned that we were "too far" from downtown, but in reality it was the perfect distance, only a mile or two up the road, and a complimentary car or cab service that was non stop. This will be the only hotel I still at from here on out in Nashville!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was very excited about my stay in Nashville as my husband and I were finally enjoying a night alone (no kids) and uninterrupted sleep. I had also sent a group a year ago (Meeting planner by trade) and was sick to think I did that after my experience. At 3AM, a worker decided it was time to flirt with some girls on our floor, they were so loud I was awoken out of my much needed night of pure bliss. When I called to discuss this with the manager on duty he answered with very low beat almost annoyed voice. Having known that I was a planner who had brought a group and had a horrible experience you think he would have provided some compensation...nope and I am not the type to ask for it. Having traveled a ton I also felt that the hotel did not live up to the high end marketing it provided potential guests. The room was very small and the bathroom sink almost drove us crazy with the nozzle so close to the back of the facet it is almost impossible to wash your hands. The highlight was the amazing young man at the valet, so personable and very helpful. What a disappointing anniversary weekend with regards to the room.

1  Thank Bakergirl79
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I would like to apologize for the issue you had while our guest. Members of our team do make constant sweeps of the guest room floors to ensure the noise is kept to a minimum. Please be assured when you brought this up during your stay we reviewed our procedures so this does not occur in the future.
After the "employee" incident was brought to our attention we immediately did an investigation and were able to determine this person was not a Hutton team member. I believe someone was just telling you they were so they could continue their conversation.
I am certain we have a room you would enjoy and please do contact myself to discuss compensation. We pride ourselves in having a great facility with a fantastic team and if this is not what you experienced we would like the opportunity to make it right for you.

Regards,
Steven Andre
General Manger

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friendly staff - walking distance to Vandy and down town. Bar needs to stay open later. I shouldn't have to keep writing just to get 200 characters in the review. It was good. Period. more characters for trip advisor...uh! ok - rooms sort of small but clean.

1  Thank Jennifer V
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Spent 1 night while visiting my son at Vanderbilt - GREAT HOTEL. I'll never stay anywhere else again. A little bit more than some of the chain hotels but 1000 times better. Service is terrific - I felt taken care of from the moment I arrived until I left! The web-site says they are a pet friendly hotel but don't let that scare you away if you have allergies - they have entire floors that are non-pet and rooms are designated as pet free. When we checked in, the person at the desk excused himself for a minute and went to verify that our room was pet free so just to reassure me since I had noted allergies when I booked.

The room is actually a suite. Bed was comfortable - entire room was CLEAN. Bathroom / shower was awesome and and the entire hotel is green. The service was outstanding at every touch point. Highly recommend it!!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Hutton Hotel is a fabulous boutique hotel located in Nashville. It is close to everything. The hotel shuttle is complimentary. The room was fabulous. The check in service was outstanding. The restaurant at the hotel is a best kept secret. The food was cooked to perfection and the presentation was outstanding. There is a mini cafe located in the foyer that is open for breakfast and very reasonably priced. From the complimentary slipper to the snuggy houserobe, the Hutton was fantastic. We will stay there everytime we are in Nashville. The bed was very very comfortable and the room was very very clean.

Room Tip: We stayed in standard room and it was great.