“TRENDY HOTEL. IMPECCABLE SERVICE”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“TRENDY HOTEL. IMPECCABLE SERVICE”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Hutton in a one bedroom penthouse suite for three nights, May 28-31, and found this place to be magnificent. The hotel matches our personalities well: less formal than most 5-star hotels but impeccable service. From the moment we arrived, the valet attendant, the bellman, the front desk receptionist were all gracious and truly welcomed our arrival. We did have one little glitch after check-in. Our room, though beautiful, had not been cleaned from the prior guest. Needless to say, I expected more but the problem was promptly remedied with friendly and professional housekeeping services. Although our first impression was a "dirty room", this memory was soon forgotten as the remainder of our stay was flawless. Who says one never get another chance to make a first impression?

Our suite was a little smaller when compared to most hotels in which we ordinarily stay but it was trendy and comfortable. It was complete with the usual upscale amenities: robes, imported soaps/shower gel/shampoo and turn down service with a little chocolate treat. The Hutton Hotel amenities are similar to any 5-star property in which we have stayed.

Service at The Hutton is what sets this property apart. Each person I encountered at this hotel seemed to have a sincere desire to happily meet my needs without the arrogance and stuffiness usually encountered at similar properties. Don't get me wrong, the personnel were very professional and not too friendly but not too stuffy. Like Goldilocks said: "they were just right". Although I appreciate great service even if it comes with a little attitude, the service provided at The Hutton matched my personality well: it was a little less formal and a lot more friendly.

We were unable to use their shuttle service as it was too busy to meet our needs. This was a little disappointing but the taxi worked just fine.

In summary, I would highly recommend this hotel to others. The exterior does not represent the interior's trendy beauty and the service I received was equal to any 5-star property without the attitude. I must mention that I am a member of the Leading Hotel's of the World Leader's Club of which The Hutton is a member. I do not think this membership afforded me anything extra; however, I mention it to be complete.

1 Thank Regs911

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Facilities are great and everyone at the hotel creates a friendly professional but hip atmosphere that we really enjoyed.

Room Tip: you may want to ask for the city view it's great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband travels for business and we have stayed in many hotels and this is one of the nicest hotels. The location is great, the staff is so nice and helpful and the rooms are amazing! The only thing I would change are the curtains. I did not enjoy the sun coming through the curtains at 6:00 a.m. I don't know why they are so thin.

• Stayed May 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The hotel was convenient to the Vanderbilt Medical Center and the university. The 10th floor room was small but clean; however, there was a column blocking the view from the window. There was no stand for our luggage so had to use an end table. The reservationist confirmed the rate included parking but upon checkout I was charged $20 plus tax for self parking. Unfortunately, I did not check the bill until later so did not get it corrected while at the hotel. I would stay at this hotel again but would be more careful about checking the final invoice to ensure there were no overcharges.

Room Tip: Request a room without a column blocking the view from the window.
1 Thank PrixChamp11
cookeville, tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Recently stayed for a weekend at Hutton for concert at Schermerhorn. Room was very clean and loved the shower. I am a morning person, always awake at 5ish. Turned on TV Sat. AM when I woke, dozed off and didn't wake up til 10:30= Great bed! Enjoyed hotel. If I had to try to find anything to complain about, late night room service menu somewhat limited but I had to reach to come up with that minor negative! Would recommend to anyone. Great stay.

1 Thank uncmgrnds
Lynden, WA
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I just returned from staying two nights at the Hutton. The hotel is new, modern and clean. We had a nice view of the city from our room. I loved the option of valet parking for self parking. The parking garage was attached to the hotel to the side and you could use your room key card to enter and exit the parking garage. We were busy seeing the city so we did not spend a lot of time at the hotel or using ammenties, but what I saw looked nice.
Bathroom was modern and very cool glass sink!
The tv chanels didn't seem to always work great and the sound and picture were off on the movie previews so we opted not to rent one. I'm not sure if it was just the previews or if the actual movie would have been fine.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed May 30, 2012

You will know this Hotel is different from the moment you walk in. The lobby and check in process is very relaxed. The restaurant is the best you will find in a hotel anywhere. The gym is very well equiped and maintained - better then some health clubs. The rooms are very well appointed with comfortable beds and linens. I would reccomend this hotel for everyone. This is where I stay when in Nashville

Room Tip: There are not bad rooms at this property
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business