“$165=190.50 Charges up-front for room & if you cancel - you get charged $25 fee”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1501 Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 23 Nashville B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2007

I made a reservation with the Linden Manor Bed & Breakfast on 8 Aug 2007. The date for the room is 13 Oct 2007. On their website it states they have a 7 day cancellation policy. I called yesterday, 11 Aug 2007, to ask why my credit card had already been charged for the room. The Inn Keeper, who stated she is the owner, said that they charge up front. I was calling to find out if this had been charged in error. She immediately got rude with me. I asked her why there was a charge of $190.50 on my credit card instead of the $165 that she told me the room would be. I understand the taxes and had no problem with that once she said it was the taxes. I then said to her that I may want to cancel but I would give her a call back. She then told me that I was going to either cancel or not. I told her I wanted to cancel. She then told me that I would get all my money back except a $25 charge. No where on their website [--]nashville-bed-breakfast.com/rooms.htm does it say any thing about a $25 charge. She then hung up on me. I called her back and tried to explain why I was calling in the first place – to confirm that the $190.50 was a legitimate charge and someone was not trying to fraudulently charge me. Again, no where on their web site does it state this fee nor did she inform me of this when I made the reservation. She again hung up on me.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
16  Thank o1emcdonal

Reviewed July 21, 2007

We had a delightful experience at the Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast in Nashvile. After only one day, we felt that we had made a new friend with Catherine, the very warm and friendly hostess at the inn.

The entire experience was one we won't forget. From the first minute,
we felt at home and were totally pleased with everything-the warm hospitality, the beautiful room, and the delicious breakfasts.

Catherine went well beyond our expectations in helping us find our way around the city and suggesting restaurants and places of interest
to visit.

We highly recommend Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast and will most enthusiastically visit it again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2007

I stayed at Linden Manor during a short visit in June when I was trying to find a place to live in Nashville. From the first moment I arrived (and really even before my arrival), Catherine was helping me in my search and making me feel right at home. She went above and beyond the call of duty, acting not only as an incredibly enthusiastic and patient host but offering invaluable insight as I looked for a new place to call home. In fact, if it hadn't been for her, I wouldn't have found the place I did. Now when I finally move to Nashville I not only have a place to live and a better sense of how to get around the city, but I feel as if I have a great friend, too. If you are ever in the area, don't miss out on this cozy jewel and the insider tips you won't find anyplace else. I HIGHLY recommend Linden Manor.

• Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed April 8, 2007

We arrived late on Friday so we did not get to meet the owner. Our bed was very comfortable and we stayed in the Vanderbuilt room with a high bed. The home looks small on the outside but is quite big inside. The decor is nice and the home is inviting and quiet. We went
and ate some delicious cookies (cranberry chocolate chip, outstanding) and had a bottled water. My two favorite things here were the high ceilings and the great breakfasts we had both mornings.
I believe Terry was the one that served us and the service was excellent but the food was outstanding. We enjoyed our stay and it appeared to be one of the nicer places to stay in Nashville. We would
recommend this B&B.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Naturefreak
Reviewed March 1, 2007

Linden Manor B&B offers an environment that is both quaint and sophisticated. The location is easy to find and in close proximity to downtown. We stayed in the Linden Room and it was lovely... what an awesome house! The bed was very comfortable and the private bathroom was stocked with all the necessities. We stayed for only one night during the week in Janurary of this year and it seemed as though we had the entire place to ourselves! Breakfast in the morning was great as well. Catherine even makes good coffee. Compared to the cost of even an average hotel room this is by far the best deal you will find in the area. Highly recommended for anyone staying in or near Nashville.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2007

I came to Nashville for a relaxing time after the holidays. Linden Manor was the absolute best. I stay in B&B's all over the country and this one is my favorite so far. Catherine and her staff were unbeatable. So helpful with directions, restaurants, and attractions. Had a lovely breakfast!! It was scrumptious!!
Would never stay anywhere else in Nashville.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2006

Great choice for Nashville - very comfortable place, easy location if you have a car. A quick drive to the downtown and a short walk along the street to restaurants and bars etc. The staff were unfailingly helpful and attentive and gave easy-to-follow driving directions to any part of town. This was my first visit to Nashville (to visit the new Schermerhorn Symphony Hall) and was greatly value-added by this choice of accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo