“Final Four Weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1501 Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Derby, Connecticut
“Final Four Weekend!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Catherine, Tom, and Peigi made our stay so enjoyable. They made sure we saw Nashville's highlights, served wonderful breakfasts, and baked the best cookies - every day! We truly felt like we were at home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
lindenbb, Owner at 1501 Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Nicole C
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. We are delighted that you enjoy your stay. We have a great hardworking team at Linden Manor and are always happy to get such great reviews. We will look forward to your next visit with us and will keep the cookies coming.
Catherine Innkeeper/owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Hastings on Hudson, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I planned a trip to Nashville for the Women's Basketball Final Four. Little did we know that this B & B would be exceptional in every way. Catherine, Tom and Peigy made us feel like we had known them forever. They are incredibly sweet, knowledgeable of the area and just genuinely "good people". The accomodations were fabulous and the breakfasts were absolutely delicious. We loved the location, which made for a comfortable walk to the downtown, as well as being near the "cool" campuses of Belmont and Vanderbilt. As one of our fellow guests said, you could wake up in a hotel room in any city where they all look the same, or you can experience the city at a b & b and really get the local flavor of a place. My husband and I are wondering how soon we can return. We miss the innkeepers already, as well as the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in! Deb Z

Deborah Z,
It was a pleasure to meet both you and your husband. It is our goal to make every one of our guest feel as comfortable and welcome as you felt. We do agree that we have one of the best locations in Nashville. Within walking distance to some of the best restaurants, shops, and the two major Universities in Nashville. So happy you enjoy our comfortable beds. We did a lot of research on beds before our purchase and feel as thought we hit a home run from all the compliments we get on our bedding. We miss you too and will look forward to your return visit.
Catherine owner/innkeeper
West Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I planned a trip to Nashville 6 months in advance to attend the Women's Basketball Final Four. How lucky we were to find this gem of a B&B only 2 miles from the arena in a trendy neighborhood perfect for walking. Catherine and Peigi were absolutely wonderful! Fun, friendly and incredibly knowledgeable. Peigi creates the most amazing breakfasts and I am still missing her daily cookies! When I called to book the room in this lovingly renovated home, 3 restaurants were recommended to me as exceptional. I ended up making reservations a month in advance at 2 of them and I was so glad that I did. Silo and Etch are so hard to get into at the last minute. Our visit to Nashville was memorable and our experience at Linden Manor was the key reason.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are very quiet and there is a small common area just outside of the rooms. There i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
lindenbb, Owner at 1501 Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We take great pleasure in helping our guest navigating their stay while visiting Nashville. I am happy you enjoyed our restaurants suggestions. We do have lots of great restaurants within walking distance to the B&B. I would have to agree with you that Chef Peigi breakfast are superb. She is an accomplished chef and loves cooking for our guest. We enjoying hosting you for your stay for the final four, and will look forward to your next visit with us.
Catherine/owner/innkeeper
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast. The breakfasts were exquisite and the conversation with other guests was an enjoyable experience. The owners and staff went out of their way to make you feel welcomed. We have stayed at many hotels in the past. We will be looking at B&Bs because of this experience. Besides the great accommodations, the real value of this establishment is the recomendations that are given for the sights and insights of the music scene. If you love music and want to pointed in the right direction, stay at the Linden Manor.

Room Tip: Because of the length of stay and our last minute booking, we did have to switch rooms. There are tr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
lindenbb, Owner at 1501 Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you chose Linden Manor as your fist B&B experience and are even more delighted that is was a positive one. You were great B&B guest to host. I have to agree that Chef Peigi breakfasts are quite impressive. She is truly an accomplished Chef. We take great pride in being able to help our guest with planning their stay in Nashville so they get the most out of it. We will look forward to your next visit with us.
Catherine/owner/Innkeeper
NV
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was in Nashville for a performance at Belmont University and Linden Manor was perfect. Great room, great bed, great experience. I had to catch an early flight and Catherine arrived early and made me a wonderful breakfast. I will stay there anytime I return to Nashville.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your 5 star review. We take great care of our property and are so happy when our guest enjoy and appreciate our accommodations. We are alway happy to accommodate our guest needs. An early breakfast to accommodate an early flight is not a problem at all. We were happy to help. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Belmont.
central florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014

It's a B&B, so I guess you have to deal with certain things. Except we've been to some nice B&B's so…………… here goes:

Yes, this place is in a wonderful neighborhood. Yes, the place is clean. Yes, the bedding is wonderful and the breakfast's are okay. Yes to it being in a geographical location that is great and all that but no to the following:

The wi-fi is terrible. Maybe others don't rely on it as much as we do for trip/logistical planning/flight check-in, etc. but we needed it and it literally drops you about every 90 seconds.

We stayed in the Linden suite and could hear guests out on the front porch right out our door until they went to bed. If they had been smoking I bet it would have wafted into our room. Thank goodness they were not. The bathroom has wallpaper peeling off the walls and there is almost no counter space and no towel racks at all. You have to put your bathing towel on the toilet while taking a shower which, to me, is gross.

There is no ironing in the room. I don't blame them for that. However, to iron clothes they set up a towel on the kitchen countertop and let you go at it with their iron. They have been running this B&B for 15 years. No ironing board? No. Not for us anyway.

I'm so sorry. I don't want to burst bubbles here or anything because you've probably been working yourself up based on all the other reviews, but it just didn't work for me. The nightly price was $175.00 so it probably is comparable to a hotel. My wife doesn't seem to feel the way I do and would tell me I'm being too fuddy-duddy. But hey, you read these reviews to become better informed and this is information I think you should know.

They recently added a new addition to the inn that is not yet completed. How do I know that these rooms wouldn't be a better experience than we had? I don't.

I wouldn't stay again but won't discourage you from trying it. All the other guests we met were nice. Again, maybe I'm being too picky.

Eat at Urban Grub down on 12th. It was so awesome we went twice. Give yourself a lot of extra time to get to/park at the Grand Ole Opry. The Hermitage took us 4 hours. The Ryman, 2.

Room Tip: Try a new room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Travelswell4fun
Thank you for taking the time to review Linden Manor. We are delighted that you gave us excellent marks for Cleanliness, Service, Sleep quality and Location. They are all very important to us. Our entire staff at Linden Manor is dedicated to seeing our guest expectations are excited during their stay. We are sorry you had difficulty with the wi-fi. We were not aware of an issue at the time of your visit. We do ask our guest, if an issue should accrue during their stay, to please bring it to our attentions so it can be resolved. Thank you for understanding that we ask our guest to iron in our kitchen. We ask this for the safety of all our guest. We are sorry that we did not point out the towel hooks on the back of your bath door. We are happy your enjoyed the company of the other guest during your stay, we do get wonderful interesting guest. We hope to see you again.
Catherine/ owner/innkeeper
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Nashville. There is a lot to do in the neighborhood, pubs and place to eat. Downtown and the music scene is close enough. The real bonus is Catherine and Tom. They are super helpful in directing you to all of the best stuff in Nashville. Listen to their recommendations, they KNOW!.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
lindenbb, Owner at 1501 Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Jim and Barbara,
Thank you for your nice review of Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast. We are so happy you enjoy your stay with us and enjoy our beautiful neighborhood. We are very blessed to be within walking distance to all the great restaurant, shops and coffee house within one block of our B&B. It was fun swapping travel stories with you both. We will look forward to your return visit.

Catherine and Tom