“Women friends' getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1501 Linden Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Women friends' getaway”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Catherine and Tom were terrific hosts for our getaway. Six of us stayed in the B&B (two to a bedroom--two bedrooms in the downstairs apartment and one on the main floor). The downstairs apartment with its sunny living room provided a place for the six of us to sit together, laugh, talk, and drink wine with complete privacy and no need to worry about disturbing (or being disturbed by) the other guests. When we weren't hanging out in the living room, we sat upstairs on the beautiful wraparound porch. My friend Julie Stewart, a writer and visual artist, hung her clothesline installation in one corner of the huge, beautiful lawn. It was like spending the weekend at a friend's house.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Nice house in nice neighbourhood. Room was comfortable and clean. Shower was cold.
However this was our first b&b experience so we didn't know what to expect. We arrived and there was no-one around. Eventually we found a lady who said our room was not ready yet. We were given a key and we went to explore Nashville. Upon our return at 5pm the house was deserted. We let ourselves into the room and looked for some information about the accomodation, there was nothing. We did not know if we could make coffee or use the kitchen etc. The next time we saw anyone was at breakfast (although it was VERY noisy in the house as the housekeeper set up breakfast, impossible to have a lie-in).
Breakfast was strange, a BLT sandwich and a bowl of fruit!!!
Overall this was not a good experience of a b&b. We did not see Catherine or her husband and their motto "you come as guests and leave as friends" seems pointless as you cannot become friends with someone you never meet!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peterw373
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I knew from the first phone call to Linden Manor that we were in for a special experience.
Catherine, the inkeeper was amazingly helpful to us in planning our first trip to Nashville.
She guided us through the planning and made perfect timetables for us for getting the most out of our three days. She got us fabulous tickets to the Opry, advised us on Bluebird Cafe reservations, and recommended terrific restaurants.
The B and B was great, from the accomodations to the breakfasts and the afternoon yummy cookies! Catherine and staff were wonderful and helpful and made us feel "at home."
Location was ideal and we were so happy we stayed there rather than in a hotel.
I will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: We were two couples traveling together and we had the two bedroom with adjoining living room - perfe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had never been to Nashville and came here over the Labor Day weekend with some friends and were thoroughly impressed with the attention and care that was given. We discovered that there really isn't a central spot for Nashville, unless you are only coming for the university or the main music street. Most people will want to see a few different areas and you'll need a car to do so. This B&B is ideally situated between all of these sites and in some cases is even a short walking distance away from a few sites. Becky prepared an amazing and inventive breakfast each morning for us and we had freshly baked cookies awaiting us upon our return in the evenings. She gave fantastic recommendations for restaurants and attractions in the area and really made the trip that much more enjoyable. The rooms are very comfortable and well equipped. There is a lovely porch as well, where we enjoyed sitting and reading our books in the morning. Not an ideal place perhaps for the business traveler, but if you are here to relax and spend time with a significant other and/or friends, it is ideal!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a review I hate to write because I know others will want to experience Linden Manor for themselves.
Take my advice do not go here...it will spoil you for all other bed and breakfast experiences.
Whether for pleasure or work, you will find there is no better start to the day than having a fabulous Linden Manor Breakfast. Fresh and tasty the meal will start your day off right. The Manor is away from the hustle and bustle of downtown so your nights rest is assured to be a peaceful one. Warm, clean,responsive to the needs of guests, courteous, located conveniently to all places in Nashville. Catherine and staff will give you as much or as little help as you require in understanding all things Nashville. OK so I've gone and done it...I've given up Nashville's best to you....your welcome...you can thank me later.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the bunch!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AgentMooney
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My father and I came to Nashville because of my interest in visiting Vanderbilt University. We had arrived in Nashville, and were warmly greeted by Catherine, the innkeeper. However, I never considered Catherine to be my innkeeper, but more of a fantastic new friend. By the end of our stay, I found myself leaving Nashville and missing the city, the music, the university, and most importantly, our new friends. I cannot wait until I find myself in Nashville again, because I know exactly where I will be spending my mornings and nights. Thank you for the delicious breakfasts, and for the friendly stay, I can't imagine any other B&B ever living up to the bar set by Linden Manor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gsteller
Atlanta. georgia
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The best because of innkeeper Catherine.
She
Made reservations for us at the Opry,
Told us how to get seats at the Bluebird Cafe,
Organized our days to see the best places in Nashville,
Organized our nights to really get a feel for the Music City,
Made the best breakfasts(and cookies)
and made the trip very memorable.
We are experienced travelers and have not had a better B&B

Room Tip: Convenient to town adequate parking Safe
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple