“Tonight we're going to party like it's 1949"”

Robert's Western World
Ranked #4 of 110 Nightlife in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: A traditional Nashville dive with cheap beer and live country music.
McDonough, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tonight we're going to party like it's 1949"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

Live Rollicking Country and Western played with a real passion for the music.
We danced for hours on the small dance floor and had a blast throwing back Yuenglings and letting out "Yeeh Haws!"

2 Thank TravisTravel

Scotland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“return trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

Having visited Roberts several times on my first trip to Nashville 2 years ago I thought I'd try other places on my return trip. I did, but not for long! Great bands including Don Kelley and Brazilbilly and good food make Roberts the place to be. Not forgetting the staff who coped remarkably during the March madness weekend.

1 Thank ianScotland
Gainesville, FL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Music and food all day and into the night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

After a long day and night of drinking and music in downtown Nashville, I was hungry for a snack but couldn't find anyplace serving food that late (around midnight). Someone told us that Robert's would serve us a fried bologna sandwich. That sounded great to me! So in my husband and I went and not only did we get a great sandwich cooked on the grill right in front of us (don't you remember eating those as a kid?!) we were treated to some really awesome music. Not all country, some basso nova and rock mixed in. What a great place! Lucky for us it wasn't crowded so we were even able to dance. And the servers were very friendly (which I found to be the case all around Nashville). Don't walk past Robert's!

2 Thank Lucyspin
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Words Are Not Good Enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

My wife and I were in Nashville for a business conference last week & after the meetings Friday we left the hotel (Gaylord, another place that gets a top recommendation from us!) and went went downtown to check things out. We both love all kinds of live music and were blown away by Broadway (the main drag in Nashville). Every block on the main drag has 2, 3 maybe even 4 little bars with live music blaring out into the streets.

So we are walking past Robert's and I look and see one TOUGH looking doorman standing there, and I'm hearing an uncannily good version of Marty Robbin's 'White Sport Coat' coming from inside. So, ...why not, right? And in we go.

As a couple of others have described, the place is long and narrow- but the atmosphere is bigger and better than I can even describe. GREAT bartenders, amazing prices for beers and cocktails, and the music- - -! From the minute we walked in (around 11.15pm) to the time we left, Brazil Billy threw one classic TRADITIONAL Country & Western tune after another. I mean we are NOT talking about Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, or Keith Urban. We're talking about Marty, Johnny Cash, and the other masters who recorded all those Cowboy & Traditional songs that just want to make you dance around the bar and build a big campfire right there in the middle of the floor!

Most of the songs you will know if you are over 30, & even those under will probably know a few. Yippe Ki-ayy, El Paso, etc etc etc!

If you had asked me before I went in there to list my top 100 favorite songs of all time, NONE of the songs Brazil Billy played would have appeared on that list. After seeing them - I'm hooked! The place was slam packed & we saw one really drunk guy get very professionally rolled out by - you guessed it - the very TOUGH door man.

So we hang in there as late Friday night as possible (had to do some conference stuff early sat am) & headed out around 1.45 am very reluctantly. We had so much fun I didn't even realize time has passed to quickly.. Btw- the TOUGH looking door man thanked us for coming & kindly invited us back again!

Went back into town Sat & hit another 5 or 6 bars, checked out some more bands & by about 4pm, back to Roberts! You've probably heard the saying "You've seen the rest, now see the best!" & that sums it up for us.
Btw- the TOUGH looking door man immediately recognized us and welcomed us back! Spent a couple of minutes talking with him - salt of the earth. Great guy & his name is Maury it turns out. In my opinion Nashville is a safer and more interesting place with him around! Thanks Maury!

Saturday evening after we came back again after dinner & caught the last 30 minutes of the 6pm to 10pm band we saw another band who was absolutely amazing as well, though played a few more modern songs than Brazilbilly had the night before.

Brazilbilly came back on stage around 10.00pm & started blowing us all away again.

The place was PACKED again. If you cant handle a tight bar & dancefloor, you might not like it. But even if you THINK you wouldn't like it- I challenge you to spend just 15 minutes in there on any given night & see if you dont find it to be one of the most fun places ever! Many of the people were locals and they all said it was great like this all the time.

BTW- after a few drinks if you need some SERIOUSLY good bar food, try the Cheeseburger, and/or the Fried Baloney Sandwich w/ Swiss & Grilled White Bread. For 5 bucks you get the Sandwich, Bag o Chips, a Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer, & Moon Pie !!!

I wont knock the big Nashville commercial bars like the Wild Horse, Coyote Ugly, etc, but do not waste your time with them if you are really looking for the 'Soul' of Nashville.

While my wife & I usually do something like Paradise Island, Puerto Rico, or Manhattan for big getaways, we are seriously considering going to Nashville this New Year's Eve -
- but only if we can spend it at Roberts!

6 Thank Jay S
Rockland County, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Music & Boots on the Wall!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

Love to go to Robert's early in the night to warm up. They usually have great music and delicious grilled cheese.