“Great music during the day for your listening and dancing pleasure? Count me in!”

Robert's Western World
More attraction details
Owner description: A traditional Nashville dive with cheap beer and live country music.
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My first welcome to nashville was turning the corner on Broadway headed for Robert's Western World. Rachel Hester and her band of fantastic musicians played a wide range of old school country with a little bit kick...it was great. She's a real proponent of the tip system of payment as there is no cover there or any of the Music Row venues on Broadway-so make sure you bring a little extra to add to the tip jar...Parking a problem? Paying 15 bucks for two hours that went by way too fast, I found out a little secret only afterward...park for free at the beautiful Bicentennial Mall State Park and ride the green MTA around town...and if you check out some of the tourist brochures, Robert's WW gives five dollars off if you spend twenty-five. Heck..the tshirt was 20 and my recession special lunch and a Moonpie was six...I could have saved $20 if I had known those two things beforehand. Go to Broadway, stop in at RWW..have a good time and enjoy the music! The music is awesome!

2  Thank MeMeDaVinci

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've been to Robert's once before. I'm a huge music fan but not all that big on pop country. If you are looking for a great place to see bands that sound more early rock and rockabilly this is the place to go! More importantly.....catch The Don Kelley Band. My daughter who is 14 is a singer and I chose to stop off in Nashville for a few days during break for the sole purpose of having my family experience live music and hopefully give her a music connection. We were fortunate to get one of the tables up front and I must say my daughter (and all of us) were blown away by Don, Joe Flick, and especially Daniel Donato. That kid can downright "Scorch" it. Of course my daughter loved Daniel too (said, "he's soooo pretty) but he was great during a break for a photo opp w/ her too. Joe Flick is so entertaining as well (of course my wife was digging him). Myself, I was as usual digging the fried bologna sandwiches and a PBR for $5. We spent a week on the beach in Florida before we hit Nashville and everyone said that day in Robert's was their favorite vacation moment and they want to go back to Nashville later this summer.

5  Thank TDubby
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The music at Roberts Western World was incredible. The bands performing were so talented and connected well with the audience. The music they played was what I came to Nashville to hear: country music, many times the traditional old time johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and the like. Other places played modern pop music which took away from the feeling. There's no cover charge so it's a great deal but please tip the bands as they work only for tips! If you love country music, it's a good stop to hang out and dance.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stopped in as we walked The District and heard the great rockabilly sound - the people watching was FANTASTIC and the music fun. Staff was friendly and focused. Loved the beer selection!

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

John England & The Western Swingers on Monday night are the best. Roberts is awesome! Fried bologna sandwiches too!

1  Thank Diane R