“Great place if you like more traditional country music”

Robert's Western World
More attraction details
Owner description: A traditional Nashville dive with cheap beer and live country music.
Wellsville, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place if you like more traditional country music”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We caught the 6 to 10 music by the Don Kelly Band and were so impressed we returned the next night. Lots of oldies- country, rock and roll, blue grass ext. They also served good burgers for $5.95, great sweet potato fries, and a southern tradition of fried bologna sandwiches!!! It was good food and a lot less money than some of the others on Broadway. The bar has a long history and the décor reflects it. Just what you would want in historic downtown Nashville.
Pat

Pine City, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great honky tonk!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would reccomend this place to anyone looking for the honky tonk experience while visiting Nashville. We visited several honky tonks while in Nashville, but this one had a flat top grill and they were frying up burgers, fried baloney sandwiches, and other tasty food all day long. They had servers who came out and took your drink orders (this is the only honky tonk we visited that did this). I had a fried baloney sandwich, and it was great! The bands were great, too. We sat through two bands at this bar. We caught about an hour of the first band, and stayed for all 4 hours of the second band - I believe the band name was Johnny T's - and they played great music - a lot of old time country music. The atmosphere was a lot of fun, and if I'm ever lukcy enough to get back to Nashville, Robert's Western World will be a place I visit again. If you want to check out a video, go to You Tube, and search - they have a promotional video out there (put out by the bar owners), and it will show you exactly the experiece you'll have here!

3 Thank Bridget P
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Love this place, but it does get a little crowded”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My step son and wife came to help us move into our new place and they wanted to go see my rockabilly friend, Harry Fontana, sing. So after they went to a hockey game we met them at Robert's around 11pm. Harry usually plays non stop until 2am and the place is always jumping!!! He has a great bass player, Joe Fick and David Graham plays a mean drum!

Robert's is such a nice place to hang out at because you don't get a lot of snooty types there. The wait staff is wonderful and so friendly. The only thing I wish is that there is a little more room for the dancers.

1 Thank QueenJoleneM
Lexington, Kentucky
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Favorite Honky Tonk on Broadway!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Robert's Western World never lets me down. Day or evening, it serves up great music in a true honky tonk atmosphere. It is older and worn like a comfortable cowboy boot. Nothing fancy here, just cold beer, cheap eats and great country music. During the daytime and early evening, it is ok to bring in children and my teen girls loved it. Later at night, the adult crowd is great fun! Of all the places along Broadway, this is always where I'm going to start or finish my visit!

Rochester, Minnesota, United States
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Still the best honky tonk in Nashville”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited Nashville for the first time last year and just returned with a group of friends. We went to Robert's every night during this trip and we weren't disappointed. We wondered into may of the other bars, but always seemed to end up back at Robert's. If you want to see true musicians performing traditional country music, this is the place to go. If you are into more modern sound that you can hear on the radio, go elsewhere.

Visited March 2013