“Best hotel in Nashville” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland
Ranked #17 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Alpharetta, United States
“Best hotel in Nashville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We love staying here. It is one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed at and will definitely stay here again. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the breakfast is great and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Christopher M,

I just want to say thank you for such a wonderful review of us on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you had a great time during your stay, and I hope you can come back and see us again soon.

Bruce Neal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
germantown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hotel was recommended by Greylne tours. Hotel had info on shuttle service to downtown Nashville, good deal. Nice and quiet. Clean. Beds very comfy. I would recommend this stay to anyone going to Nashville. Staying downtown is very expensive.

1 Thank Lisa L
Lisa L,

Thank you for choosing us during your recent stay in Nashville! I appreciate your kind words about our hotel, and I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Interestingly I experienced the same thing as the previous poster - The same front desk clerk was also not exactly tactful about the sodas at check in. I went and looked back at my Hilton account preferences and it is correct I indicated I wanted 250 points per night instead of a "water & a snack" at check in. I forgot there was a preference since every Hampton I have stayed at just asked me what I (and any companions at my check-in) would like to drink & what snack we would like. Perhaps the front desk could use a little training about how to handle this if the owner/manager is going to want them to enforce the policy to the letter.

The good: The hotel is in a great location - within walking distance to the Gaylord & the Grand Ole Opry & if you are in good health also to the nearby mall. The Hotel offers a free shuttle to the Gaylord & back, last pick up is at 10PM. The breakfast is the standard Hampton & was well stocked. The dining area is clean & the employees are very pleasant (minus grumpy check-in guy). The airport is 10 minutes away.

The okay: Our room had what I hope was splatter of ketchup on the wall above the area between the beds, someone should have noticed this before checking in new guests. The water temp never really gets hot - kind of lukewarm - in the shower & that durned water saver device really reduces the water pressure. It's pretty far away from the Downtown Nashville area - but it is also less than half the price of the DT Hampton. I understand if you think you might be indulging too much you can take a shuttle from the Gaylord for $10 each way.

Next time we go to Nashville I would stay there again but am more likely to use the points or slightly more points to stay DT for the convenience

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank sammowhammo
Sammowhammo,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear that you too had a less than welcoming experience at our hotel during your check in, and want to thank you for sharing that with me. How we handle the situation you described is something I'm definitely looking into to insure the proper training is in place.

I also want to both thank you for the nice things you said about our hotel, and to apologize for the two issues you noticed in the room. I've shared your comments with both our housekeeping staff and our maintenance department, and they will definitely be addressed. Our goal is to insure our guests have the best possible experience they can have at our hotel, and comments such as yours help make that happen.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were at this location for our 35th wedding anniversary . I'm a Hilton Honors DIAMOND "ELITE" member. That kind of means I've stayed at many many Hilton brands. I know some of this may seem petty so ill preface it by saying that the room was clean & comfortable. We were Surprised & EMBARRASSED at check- in. I asked the clerk ( David Gilbert for a coke & snack that was on the counter labeled for GOLD & DIAMOND members as we do at EVERY other Hampton. He refused saying that we opted for the 250 points instead. All over the country no other Hampton has EVER refused us a simple snack. (In front of a small crowd (line) too! Mr Gilbert even explained something to the effect that they MIGHT, give them to people who didn't really understand the policy ( what??) but he was adamant that since we got the points he wouldn't be providing the snack. He was nice about it but it was dumb and embarrassing. About the hotel, this place is ok, nothing special just a typical Hampton. The refrigerator didn't get cold ( we had to throw out our Ruth's Chris leftovers ( SMH) The lights near the bathroom kept going out. ( we had to push the reset button a few times). I even had to pull the refrigerator from the wall , unplug the refrigerator and try to get it going trying to save our food. Ok, as I said, it's petty. But he could have at least given us the snack anyway while explaining the policy , especially since we told him we had NEVER experienced this treatment at ANY of the brands that we frequent. Creature comforts are important especially if you are a so called "ELITE" member. I WOULD recommend it if there's nothing else available in the Hilton chain. L.McNeese. Oh, and that's room 100 if you want to avoid that refrigerator. ( smile)

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LMcNeese
LMcNeese,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your unfortuate experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I do apologize for the fact that one of our staff members made you feel uncomfortable at check in about the Hilton HHonors snack and for the way that was handled. It's always our goal to make our guests feel welcome and appreciated, and we obviously let you down in that department. We know what it takes for someone to achieve Diamond level in Hilton HHonors, Hilton's award-winning frequent guest program, and we appreciate your loyalty and dedication to staying at Hilton properties very much. If you stay with us the next time you are in our area and let me know you are coming, I'll personally make sure you get the snack with your stay.

And thank you for describing your experience with the refrigerator in your room as well. Our maintenance staff has already investigated the issue and taken care of the problem thanks to your feedback. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to make amends for what should have been an outstanding stay at our hotel.

College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My organization was attending a conference at the Gaylord Convention center, which was full at the time. My main priorities was finding an affordable hotel, within walking distance, that had all of the amenities that would make my members as comfortable as possible. This hotel had all the check marks. On top of that, the staff was HUMAN! I am only a student trying to do the job of many and the manager, Bob Jordan, was EXTREMELY helpful. I didn't feel pressured at all during the booking process, he worked with my schedule, and was understanding when I face problems beyond my reach. If there is anything better than a quality hotel it's dealing with people who can actually contribute in making you have a wonderful day =)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Michelle M,

Thank you so much for your incredible review on TripAdvisor! I'm really glad to hear you had such a nice time at our hotel during your recent conference, and that our location worked out so well for you. And I'm so glad to hear your wonderful comments about our staff, especially our sales manager, Bob Jordan. I can tell you that Bob works very, very hard to make sure our guests have a great experience during their stay, and he is truly appreciated here!

california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a nice, clean, well run hotel. It's in a good location near Opryland; has free easy parking; and it has a very nice breakfast. I had a question concerning the billing and it was handled quickly and in a very fair manner by the manager. We were in a nice roomy king suite with only one problem - the sofa appeared old, worn, and saggy. It just looked tacky in this otherwise really nice room!

3 Thank profrom
Profrom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate the nice things you said about our hotel. I definitely want to thank you for mentioning your experience with the sofa in your room. Based on your feedback we are evaluating the sofas and working to bring them up to par with the rest of the room. We're always grateful when we receive input from our guests that can help us make our hotel the best it can be!

Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Overall property was great, rooms cleaned, beds really comfortable, downtown shuttle easy to use, ran late into the night & cost effective, nice complimentary breakfast-both hot and cold, walking distance to Opryland area-if you like to walk. Would recommend to others. Did not have any problems with anything regarding the hotel.

3 Thank Virgina B
Virginia B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor! I appreciate the nice things you said about our hotel, and I'm really glad you had fun on your recent trip to Nashville. We hope to see you again soon!